Friday 13 April 2018

My Friday Finds . . .


 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


Tom of Holland.  This is the most fascinating blog.  This guy does artistic mending.  I think you will really enjoy his page.  I actually went there to see this . . . 


I thought it was beautiful.  I haven't found it yet, but will keep looking.  In the meantime, enjoy his page! 

  

Little LDS Ideas.  If you aren't a member of the church you won't find this helpful, but if you are this is amazing.  Printable study sheets for studying all of the conference talks.  This was done in 2016 but still applies.  I am so going to do this. 


Get Busy Gardening. How to use eggshells as organic pest control.  Brilliant!  


Lion Brand.  A free pattern for a crochet cardigan.  Love this.  


Love Crochet. Acorn and Oak Leaf autumn garland.  


Button Bunting, from Felted Button.  Cute!  


Ravelry.  A free pattern for a bunny cuddly.  


Knitting Bee, free patterns for a trio of knitted dishcloths.  Love these.  


Ravelry. Knitted Beehive Cosy.  I have aways loved this. 


Baby Shoes that stay on, a pattern from the Etsy shop Julia Adams Patterns.  Not free, but I love the look of these.  


Webneel, how to draw a face.  


Artist Strong. How to build your skills using mixed media.  


Cottage in the Oaks. Patchwork Wall Decor.  


Bee In My Bonnet, row along tutorial for this sweet quilt.  


Wooden Letters wrapped in wool. Let Birds Fly.  


Crochet Shelf Edging.  I had done this years ago in my china hutch. Yarning Made.   


Makezine.  How to crochet a window valence. 


Eye Candy Inspiration for the sewing room, from Sew a Little Love.  


Frugal Fun for Boys.  Because this might take a lot of planning.  Build your own lego Advent Calendar.  




Instructables. How to make an envelope book.  These would make great gifts. 


Gathering Beauty.  Origami rectangular boxes.  

Whew!  And those are my finds for this week!  I hope you found something useful here! 

I got up really late again this morning because I was late to bed last night.  The Broadcast was just wonderful, but we were late getting home by the time we dropped everyone off.  I will put of the Book of Mormon Corner until Monday now so I can catch up.  Hope I haven't disappointed anyone too much!  In the meantime here is a thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
A bird sitting on a tree branch
is never afraid, because
her trust is in her wings, 
and not the branch.
Always believe in yourself.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


 

Cooking in the kitchen today  . . .  Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts.  Delish!
Have a great Friday!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

And I do too! 


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! WOW your study sheet for the Conference weeks is wonderful! Wow... I didn't now about egg shells as garden pest control--thanks for the tips. That crochet cardigan is LOVELY! Thos mini bunnny lovies are sooo cute! How pretty that shelf edging. VERY clever the Lego Advent calendar. And your grilled chicken dish looks sooo good--great for summer days ahead! :) Happy Weekend to you all there, my dear friend... LOVE YOU's LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! Hope you and TJ are well. Its very cold here today and quite rainy. So tired of the rain, even if it does bring May Flowers, lol Love you lots too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a Happy Friday. You certain had a lot of good finds !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie you may enjoy this mivie we watched call Come Sunday...how are you and Todd?
    Went get a good shampoo seeing only have one arm and a blow dry too! God is teaching patience but sometimes i get very frustrated!
    Have a good Saturday, Gentle hugs, Di🌻💛🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough Di, we watched it last night and really enjoyed! Oh,there is nothing that feels better than going to the hairdresser. Haven't been in years myself, but it is on my bucket list for one day! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Oh, you know how I love your, Fun Friday Finds!

    Sure do love all of the - stitchy - stuff today. I wish I could knit though, so many beautiful things to do with two needles instead of one...;0)

    Love the General Conference study sheets, what a great way to help us study and apply all that wonderful counsel.

    When I draw...which isn't very often...I usually draw faces, and this is how I was taught to do it in high school. It just makes sense to me. I need to draw more.

    Oh, if my sewing room/computer room/toy room/junk room, could look like that, it would be heaven, it's just darling!

    What a fun book to make! I'm still working on my junk journal, trying to organize myself enough to get it going. The envelopes would be a great idea for that.

    I wish I could have been with you to listen to the broadcast, it sounds wonderful!! We do have wonderful leadership in our church, what a blessing it was for you to go listen to the Prophet, thank goodness for technology!

    Love the quote and the recipe...yum! Love you too!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comments Barb! Its like we are sitting down to have a nice chat. Wish we lived closer to each other. You would have loved the broadcast. It was kicking off his Worldwide Ministering Tour, and we got to be first. You can read the talks here: https://wheatandtares.org/2018/04/12/president-nelsons-global-ministry-tour-broadcast-for-the-uk-and-roi/

      They were absolutely amazing. The spirit was amazing. Love you loads! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!