Thursday 19 April 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share!  
 

Outdoor cafe's with striped awnings.  Who wouldn't enjoy sitting here and watching all the world go by in leisure??? Good times! 

  

Creating new art. This is a piece I just did for someone who wanted a gift for someone else. I had a lot of fun putting it together. It had been a while since I did anything new. Oh, I know it is not a great masterpiece. Nobody could ever call it that, but if it puts a smile on someone's face, then . . .  Job done. 


Climbing roses and white picket fences.  Especially pink roses.  All of our rose bushes are forming buds now. I can't wait!   


Warm sunny days, and the way the light flickers across the walls. Yesterday was beautiful and today promises to be just as beautiful.  I did all of my laundry and got it all hung out and dried.  It was the perfect drying day  . . . there was a slight breeze blowing.  Everything came in smelling fresh and sweet. 


Old quilts  . . .  and family  . . . 

  

Toast and jam  . . .  especially strawberry jam.  My favourite breakfast is a bowl of rice crispies with a slice of toast spread with strawberry jam.  Heavenly bliss  . . . 


Cluck, cluck, cluck . . .  chickens clucking in the yard.  Such a comforting sound  . . . 

  

Antique Dolls  . . . 


Pillows with ruffles, flowers and buttons  . . .  but especially buttons  . . .  I love pillows with buttons on them  . . . 

  

Old vinyl . . .  it has atmosphere  . . . . 


Herbal teas . . .  I like the fruity ones best of all  . . . 

  

Cold, leftover chips . . .  with salt.  Call me crazy, but I love them. 


New yarn. I like winding it into balls  . . . 

  

The smell of the Lush shop in Chester  . . . I missed it when we were down South . . . 


Pretty tea towels  . . . 

  

Lily of the Valley  . . .  but I've never been able to get it to grow . . . 


Fresh Garden Tomatoes  . . .  can't wait.  All sweet and warm with the sun still on their skins, thickly sliced, salted and peppered and served with bread and butter  . . . 

  

Fairy tales  . . .  


Orange cats  . . .  I had one once.  His name was Dandy, which was short for Dan - de - lion . . .

  

Little girls dresses with smocking and lace and ribbons  . . .  I sent some to my Granddaughter a few years back. Really pretty ones.  One was a light brown cordouroy with pink embroidered roses and a peter pan collar  . . .  never got to see her in even one of them . . .  


Just discovered . . .  love . . .  love  . . . 

 

And those are my favourite things for this week!  What are some of yours?
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛. Life is a circle of happiness, sadness,

hard times, and good times. If you are 
going through hard times, have faith
that good times are on the way . . .
~unknown    ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

Spiritual Enlightenment 

  

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER 

Today's Reading - Alma 5:26-42 
Question - What is pride? Why is it important that we are stripped of pride?  
 
Thoughts President Ezra Taft Benson defined pride:
“Pride is a very misunderstood sin. …
“Most of us think of pride as self-centeredness, conceit, boastfulness, arrogance, or haughtiness. All of these are elements of the sin, but the heart, or core, is still missing.
“The central feature of pride is enmity--enmity toward God and enmity toward our fellowmen. Enmity means ‘hatred toward, hostility to, or a state of opposition.’ It is the power by which Satan wishes to reign over us.
“Pride is essentially competitive in nature. We pit our will against God’s. When we direct our pride toward God, it is in the spirit of ‘my will and not thine be done.’ …
“Our will in competition to God’s will allows desires, appetites, and passions to go unbridled (see Alma 38:12; 3 Nephi 12:30).
“The proud cannot accept the authority of God giving direction to their lives (see Helaman 12:6). They pit their perceptions of truth against God’s great knowledge, their abilities versus God’s priesthood power, their accomplishments against His mighty works”
 
This quote is found in step one of the addiction recovery manual. The first step is honesty which, to me, is about being honest with myself about how willing I am to do the Fathers will, rather than my own. It's only once I start to look at myself honestly that I can start to hope to conquer pride. 
 
Tomorrow's Reading (Day 145) - Alma 5:43-52 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? How did Alma gain his testimony?  
 
 
 
In the kitchen today  . . .  Chicken & Waffles.  Cornbread waffles topped with some fried chicken and a spicy maple syrup.  YUM! 
 
Have a beautiful Thursday! I hope your day is filled with lots of your favourite things!  Don't forget!
  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
 
And I do too!  
 
 

 

 

 




4 comments:

  1. This is us is one of our fave shows..You're in for a treat and a half.Love it.WE also started Rise..and it's very good.
    Love many of the same things as you know..I'd like to find all those yarn colors fo a blanket:) I noticed Amanada doesn't make her rows follow suit color wise..must go see yours again:)Have a nice day..and your artwork..?♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Rise! I only noticed that about Amanda’s blanket after I had really gotten going on mine, so I just kept following suit and I loved how it turned out! Thanks! ❤️

      Delete
  2. I love love your favorite things because many of them are similar to mine.
    I am so happy to see ttha you did this lovely piece of art. It is adorable. You are so talented and I have missed you doing them.
    I love white picket fences and we once had one with flowers around it. I loved living in this home.
    Oatmeal cereal, toast and jam are my favorite breakfasts.
    I have some antique dolls. They are mine so they are about 65 years old. I have a huge doll collection. I think I will take photos sometime and share them.
    I just found some vinyl records in our storage. They may be worth something but I. Wouldn't sell them. They bring back memories.
    Fries and tomatoes sound good.
    I do love cats and have had many through the years. I am allergic to them now so I don't do well being around them.
    I love little girl dresses with smocking, lace and ribbon. They are so adorable. I'm sad you didn't get to see your grandbabies in them. I have a couple of smocked little white blessing dresses made by my grandmother for my Dad. She died when he was 5 months old so I didn't know her. My girls were blessed in them.
    I loved your Book of Mormon discussion on Pride. It is so prevelant in The Book of Mormon and very much today. I learned something new from you today.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs our way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very much alike LeAnn. I am sure we must have known each other in the eternities! I would love to see your doll collection! Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way also! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!