Tuesday 17 April 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, April 17, 2018 
Outside my window ...
Its cold and windy. Wonder when the double digit temps are supposed to show up? They promised! 
I am thinking ...
They said my eye test looked good yesterday, but won't know for sure until the experts look at it.  Fingers crossed! That bus station is really far from the town centre.  I was in agony by the time I got to the place for my eye test and then back. The night before in bed my knee was feeling like someone was driving an ice-pick through it, so it was quite painful walking yesterday, but I did it.  I hate that I am only 62 and am hobbling about like this.  Its a bit depressing to think about.

In the kitchen ...
 

Pizzadillas. What a fab snack. In all truth we had them as a meal, but they would be great for game night! The quesadilla that's a pizza! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


From Mae Bell's.  Grilled Zucchini Humous Wraps.  These look fabulous!  

Good to know ... 


I am creating ...

  

Mile a Minute Baby Afghan, from Your Crochet.  Free pattern. 


Love Knitting, a ribbed and ruffled tea cosy. Not free, but not overly expensive either.  Instantly downloadable pattern. Love the colours. It looks vintage. 


Pom Maker. How to make a Panda PomPom. Cute!  Complete tutorial.  


Drops Design. Free Sunhat Pattern. Perect for beginners.  


Watermelon Bunting, The Little Bee.  

I am reading ...


The Kennedy Debutante by Kerri Maher  
A riveting novel following the exploits of Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy, the little known and rebellious daughter of America's royal family.

London, 1938. Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy has already taken England by storm, when she is presented to the king and queen. The effervescent It Girl of London society since her father was named the ambassador, Kick moves in rarified circles--dancing and drinking champagne at the hottest nightclubs and attending the horse races with nobility. One such acquaintance is Billy Hartington, the future Duke of Devonshire.

Though initially reticent, the tall, handsome man sweeps Kick off her feet, but the obstacles to their love are many. Kick is a self-proclaimed triple threat--American, Catholic, and of Irish descent--all unacceptable to such a traditional family as Billy's. And as WWII looms, she is ripped away from the country she has grown to love and the man who has stolen her heart.

Returning to the States, Kick throws herself into making a difference. Becoming a journalist gives her a voice--and a chance to step out of the shadows of her accomplished brothers, including the charismatic Jack. Then as America is drawn into the war, Kick will discover where her true loyalties lie--with family or with love...

Only just starting this. I have always held a fascination for the Kennedy family and it is rare you see anything much witten about the girls.

Looking forward to ... 
There is a pot luck lunch at the chapel today to celebrate Sister Boyer's 70th Birthday. (She is the wife/senior Missionary couple that just arrived in our Ward a few weeks back.)  We were supposed to be having them to us for tea tonight, but will make that happen another time now.  A luncheon and a tea appointment on the same day are a bit much.

Dreaming about ... 


Breakfast for two on an Italian terrace  . . .    


Romance on a Gondola . . .    


An Italian vineyard  . . .    


Italian pasta makers  . . .  tortellini  . . . 

Cafe culture  . . .    
  
Something to watch ... 


 Singing with Angels, on Netflix.  Very good.  Watched it for the second time last evening.  Its about the Tabernacle Choir.  Beautiful music.  Great storyline.  Very enjoyable. 

A Quote for the day ...
(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
         ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
All we have to decide is
       what to do with the time
            that is given to us.
                   ~J R R Tolkein* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me Smile ... 
  

Maryn and Cameron, monkeying around.  They are growing up too quickly  . . . 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 

  

Blooming heather in the Peak District . . . the Peak District is an upland area in England at the southern end of the Pennines. It is mostly in northern Derbyshire, but also includes parts of Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER

Today's Reading - Alma 4:5-20 
Question - What problems was Alma having with some members of the Lords church? What was his plan to rectify it? Have you seen parallels in your own life?  
 
Thoughts - Costly apparel, riches, possessions, high income, precious things, not evil things in themselves. But it was the fact that they loved these things, their hearts were placed upon them . . . so much so that they became intolerant of others. Which brought people turning their backs on the needy, the hungry, the sick, the afflicted. Not only turning their backs, but also persecuting these people. It is very much happening today too. I know I have to be very mindful to not be sucked into the world, and get caught up in the idea that things are mine, that I deserve or need to buy expensive clothes, rather than reasonably priced clothes, or I need to buy a big home and expensive car, then decorate my home in a certain way, or spend income on holidays. These are the teachings of the world and a trap that is so easy to fall into. The opposite of this would be big fat donations in fast offerings, most closest to the widows mite. At a past conference I heard something that struck my mind, it was if you build up a kingdom on the earth, that is exactly what you will inherit, it was a powerful realisation! The widow to me symbolises true faith that God is the provider of everything and He will provide. I don't know that I have that type of faith yet but I am working on it! 
 
Tomorrow's Reading (Day 143) - Alma 5:1-25 
Question - Please take the time to be prayerful and answer Alma's questions to yourself today. What have you learnt from the reading?

Have a great day!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!




8 comments:

  1. Oh that's a pretty blanket too:)I agree..I never thought my 60's could get depressing..never even thought about being sixty ..it just happened.
    Good for you for doing it..
    The landscape where Cameron and Maryn are looks gorgeous .
    I wish natural remedies would work as well as they say they do:)They say we won't get Spring here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Monique. You really are getting hammered by late Winter weather. Just think how wonderful it will be when the warmer weather finally arrives! I think that spot is not too far from where they live. Its just outside of Halifax. xoxo

      Delete
  2. While it is nice to get out and walk a bit, it's not good when it leaves you in such pain. Getting older is not for sissies they say and it is true. when I have to walk a lot I take along this little rolling shopping cart to hold on to and it really helps, a friend of mine uses a walker. Maybe this would help you too. It's still cold here too. Spring is like a roller coaster this year. We just have to hang on and enjoy the ride . Nothing much we can do about the weather !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope it never comes to that for me Pam. You are right. There is nothing we can do about the weather! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have missed reading blog posts and your's is such a favorite. I loved this Daybook entry. Your weather is kind of like ours. We had a snow storm last night and it has been so cold. I need warm. Thanks for the links for the recipes; the food looks yummy. I want to make that baby blanket; it is so beautiful. I don't know how to read a pattern; I just need someone to show me. The hats are adorable.
    The book looks so interesting. I have a fascination with the Kennedy family too. I remember exactly where I was when President Kennedy was shot. I am fascinated with English royalty too.
    I loved all your dreams too. I would love to go to a romantic hideaway in Italy.
    Singing with Angels was a wonderful movie.
    I love the sweet photo of your grandchildren.
    What a beautiful Corner of your kingdom photo.
    I really enjoyed reading your Book of Mormon thoughts today. I often wonder; "where is Zion". I want it to come. The Savior can't come until we are prepared to be a Zion people.
    I hope your eye test is good and that your knee get's better.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of that LeAnn! I appreciate all of it! Love you and your sweet gentle spirit! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie!

    Your daybook is always a good one. What fun recipes today. I popped over to your food site, which I love, and was so amazed at that box of yummy treats, how wonderful to get that in the mail once a month!

    My favorite pizza is just, sauce, veggies and no cheese...I'm not a lover of melted cheese. So the Pizzadilla looked so amazing, and I can just cut back on the cheese.

    So glad that the eye appointment went well. I know what you mean about all the aches and pains. Sometimes, when I get up in the morning, I feel like I must be at least 110 years old! But you made it to the eye appointment and back...good for you, you did it!!

    I still haven't gotten the yarn for my baby blanket! Maybe tomorrow when I am with my sis...it should have been done by now. All of the crochet ideas are so fun. I wish I could wear a hat, but I really do look hideous in one. The same friend that told me I was a "heavy gal", also told me that I looked scary in a hat...I should wear one everyday!!

    I would love to go to Italy. The people and the history have always fascinated me. My sister had a little bit of Italian DNA, so I was hopeful I would too, but no such luck.

    I need to watch, Singing with Angels! I love to listen to the, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, they really do sound like angels. My mother had a cousin who used to sing in the choir, and he had a wonderful voice.

    Your little grands are adorable! Isn't it funny how quickly they grow up?! They look like they are having a ball!

    Oh Marie, the Heather is so beautiful!! What a sight to see!

    We are teaching our Activity Day girls about the importance of tithing this coming Monday. I hope that we can help them understand the importance of paying a full tithe and a generous fast offering. I truly believe that the blessings I receive from paying them are far more important than all of the earthly possessions I could ever have.

    Love you much, sweet Marie!! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't listen to what others say Barb! Just be happy! She doesn't sound like a very nice person. You need to watch that film. Its really lovely! I love you much also and love your thoughts on everything! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!