Thursday 12 April 2018

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share!    
 

My sisters artwork. I hope she doesn't mind me showing this to you, but I think she is amazingly brilliantly talented. Of course I have always thought that, but this proves it.  This is one of her latest pieces framed and in my opinion it should be in a gallery. I think its really, really, really good. My sister rocks! She really does.  I keep telling her she needs to get onto Instagram, and start posting her work there.  I think that she would get lots of followers.  Mind you, she doesn't have a smart phone, so it might be difficult. She does have a tablet however, so she could do it with that. 


Rose Arbours.  They are so romantic looking and beautiful, even a wild looking one like this one.  At the Manor the Mrs had the gardener build her a whole path covered with rose arbours down by their Tennis Courts.  In bloom, gorgeous. 

  

Classic Country Gospel Music.  I don't have this particular one, but I do have a set of three CD's that are filled with the old classics like Peace in the Valley, Dust on the Bible, Wings of a Dove, Precious Memories, Blessed Assurance, etc. I could listen to it for hours.  


Old houses with plenty of character.   Like this one, with its peaked roof, gables, veranda, gingerbread trim, gothic window, etc. I think this is just gorgeous. 


Antique Light fixtures.  They also have plenty of character . . .  but you have to have a house worthy of featuring them.  Ours doesn't cut it. 


Old china cups and saucers.  I have a few.  My sister gave me a beautiful one that she got in a charity shop for my birthday one year.  I treasure it.  Its my favourite one.  I miss my sister, probably most of all, next to my mom. She's been one of my bestest friends for all of her life. 


 
 Old vanity sets, with mirrors and brushes and combs. I think they are just beautiful. They remind me of a more elegant time  . . . 



Flowers and frills  . . . . 

 
 Lace . . .  all kinds . . . 

 

Cupcakes  . . .  who doesn't love a cupcake. A small cake just for me. 


Teddy bears in dresses.  I love teddy bears anyways, but when they are dressed in clothes, I love them even more  . . . 

  

Birdhouses . . .  its a whole community . . .  love this.


Crusty bread cut into thick slices and spread with cold butter.  Yum! 

  

The fresh croissants in France.  Oh boy are they ever some delicious!  They don't seem to taste the same anywhere else.  Kind like the Brotchen in Germany. They are also fabulous. 


Pearl and rhinestone buttons  . . .  old ones  . . . very elegant . . . 


 Hydrangea.  I love the hydrangea in our front garden. They all have budding leaves on them now.  I love it in the summer when they are in full bloom. So beautiful . . . 


Old quilts and throws  . . . home-sweet-home  . . . 

  

Pretty silky, diaphenous scarves . . .  do you remember when you used to be able to buy whole sets of nylon scarves/kerchiefs in a rainbow of colours?  I was a teenager . . . 


“We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.” -E.B. White

I love hanging out the laundry . . .  listening to it snap in the wind . . .  smelling it when it comes in . . . I love everything about hanging out the laundry.


Round windows  . . .  I have always wanted a round window in my house. 

  

In fact I woud be happy as a pig in muck if
I lived in this house.

And those are my favourite things for this week!  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Strength doesn't come from
what you can do.
It comes from overcoming
the things you once
thought you couldn't do.
~Nikki Rogers  •。★★ 。* 。 


No book of mormon corner today because I got up late and haven't had time to think proper about it. 

  

In the kitchen today . . .  Brown Rice Lasagne.   The lads loved it.  They polished the whole thing off.  I was so pleased! 

We have a special broadcast to attend at the chapel tonight just for the British Isles from President Nelson and Elder Holland who are in London.  Can't wait!   Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, love all your favourites this week. Your sister is really talented, it obviously runs in the family!

    So pleased you enjoyed yourself with the missionaries last night, I'm sure they would have loved that lasagne! I love all pasta....unfortuneatly!!!

    I'm hopefully meeting my sister today. It's a really worrying time at the moment as she has a few memory problems and I'm quite concerned.

    Enjoy your broadcast, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her work is amazing Kate! I will keep your sister in my prayers! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I agree re your sister..I don't have a smartphone..I never use a phone for IG..she could..and it would be great for her I think..So many sell thier artwork too.
    So glad she loves this..it shows:)
    I know that house Marie..Martha's Vineyard:)One of my fave places.. Jacques finds it too far..I think we went for our last time last yr..almost 8 hrs really and the traffic at the Cape is so bad..such a popular place..great everything.Idyllic♥
    Last night we watche Di Stasio..bread bakers here in MTL..Oh the talent..I was blown away.One won France's Best new baker in 2014..a Montrealer:)
    The other GUillaume..the varieties..quality etc..and they all share recipes..love that show.
    On the other hand FRankenstein Diaries..FREAKY.
    Many many same fave things..as a teen I remember buying a scarf..to tie around my neck like an artist..nerd alert;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my Sister is encouraged with all the positivity for her art Monique! I haven't been able to figure out how to upload photos to instagram using my laptop at all. I wish I had a youngster around to show me! Then I could show my sister! Those cooking/baking shows sound good! I am not sure about the Frankenstein Diaries. We have been watching Wild Wild Country and its freaky enough and true life. Every episode we watch we look at each other and go wow! I was a nerd too! lol xoxo

      Delete
    2. I use mine also! I bought my sister a new tablet a year or so ago! But she has trouble figuring out how to use it! No kids around to help!

      Delete
  3. Your favorites are also many of mine. I do love rose arbors, in fact roses of any kind will do. Country gospels always take me back to my childhood days visiting a country church where my grandparents lived. They sang hymns with no musical accompaniment and it was the best country gospel music I've ever heard. I've worn a lot of scarves here over the winter. They have helped to keep me warm, but hopefully soon I'll be shedding the layers, it is finally warming up here. Hope you have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I am so glad to hear it is warming up Pam! I love country gospel. Some of my favourite hymns are country Gospel! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    All your favorite things are mine as well!

    Your sister is a wonderful artist!! She should definitely put her art work somewhere where people can take notice...just beautiful!! You are both so talented!

    I can hardly wait to have something green or something blooming in my garden...snowing again today! I love that beautiful house, it really does have character! Wouldn't you like to just go inside and take a peek around?!

    I love, old country gospel music! At my father's funeral we had a country singer that we knew sing, Just a Closer Walk with Thee. I always cry when I hear it, he sang it beautifully.

    That bread looks delicious!! And, yes, cold butter on hot bread...or on warm bread is a must!

    My grandmother used to have a, button box that we loved to play with, it was magical. I wonder what ever happened to it.

    Old quilts, scarves, fresh off the line clothes...makes my very nostalgic. Today, I would be hanging my clothes in the snow!

    I love round windows, and I would love to live in that cute little, Hobbit House...seriously, it is so beautiful!

    Wonderful quote, I think we are all stronger than we think we are.

    I'm so glad the missionaries loved the lasagna - it looks delightful!! I'm definitely going to try the recipe. I have never been able to find sheets of lasagna noodles here - it sure would make things easier!

    Much love to you two!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot get the lasagne strips here, you know, with the ruffled edges. So no lasagna roll-ups in our house, sadly. I love them. Just the sheets. Love and hugs to you and Bob also! xoxo
      PS - I wish you could have seen the broadcast with President Nelson and Elder Holland last night. Tears were running down my cheeks. What an amazing leadership our church has! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Marie,
    Yes, your sister should post her art work. She has a great talent. I do not have a smart phone either, but I load all my photos to Instagram from my computer and it works great.
    All of your favorite things fit right in with my category of favorite things. It was nice seeing everything you posted.
    Best Wishes from Idaho - Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marsha! I wish I knew how to do it from my computer. I have never been able to figure out how to do that. Instagram (sad but true) is the main reason I got my phone! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!