Tuesday 26 September 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


FOR TODAY, September 26, 2017

Outside my window ...
The sun is just beginning to come up and it is a little past 6:30 in the morning.  The days are really getting noticeably shorter now. Its getting dark a lot earlier as well.

I am thinking ...
More what I am trying not to think about . . . that megalomaniac in Korea and the Tweeting Twit who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.  This isn't funny anymore.

In the kitchen ...

Three Brothers Casserole.  A delicious casserole composed of spaghetti with a fabulous sauce and lotsa cheese.

On my "To Cook" list ...


This slow cooker Ham, Green Beans and Potatoes looks really good.  From Good in the Simple. Only three ingredients.  My kind of meal.  Looks very comforting.

Good to know ...
  

I found this to be quite interesting. Hope you can read it.

I am creating ...

From Moogly.  These little booties are adorable.  Love the pretty fold over cuff. 


All sorts of Bible Journaling freebies.  From Bible Journaling Ministries.  


I really, really like this blanket.  From Daisy Farm Crafts.  Crochet.  Simple.  


This is so cute.  Baby Plaid Trappers Hat. from Whistle and Ivy.  


Christmas Candle Ornaments from Bugs and Fishes. Cute!  

I am reading ...

 

AMERICAN WIFE, by Curtis Sittenfeld 
A kind, bookish only child born in the 1940s, Alice Lindgren has no idea that she will one day end up in the White House, married to the president. In her small Wisconsin hometown, she learns the virtues of politeness, but a tragic accident when she is seventeen shatters her identity and changes the trajectory of her life. More than a decade later, when the charismatic son of a powerful Republican family sweeps her off her feet, she is surprised to find herself admitted into a world of privilege. When her husband unexpectedly becomes governor and then president, she discovers she is married to a man she both loves and fundamentally disagrees with--and that her private beliefs increasingly run against her public persona. As her husband’s presidency enters its second term, Alice must confront contradictions years in the making and face questions nearly impossible to answer.

This is the second time I have read this. I enjoyed it so much the first time, I am reading it again. Very well written and engaging.

I am looking forward to ...
Our Bi-annual General Conference this coming weekend.  Can't wait to hear what my church leaders have to share with us! I've been watching the Womens General Conference and have gotten a lot out of it thus far.

Dreaming about ...

Love this idea, a sideboard vanity for the bath  . . . also love the beadboard walls . . .

 

Red and white cosy  . . .  a mix of plaid and floral . . . 

 

Yes please  . . . 

   

Sigh  . . .  I could live this, could you?


Oh my, oh my  . . .  double sigh . . . 

 Something to watch  ... 
  

An Affair to Remember . . . Deborah Kerr, Cary Grant . . . love . . . 

A quote for the day ...
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
What comes easy won't last long,
             and what lasts long won't come easy. ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.

Makes me smile ...
 
                 
So sweet  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...


Warwick Castle . . .  a medieval castle developed from an original built by William the Conqueror in 1068. Warwick is the county town of Warwickshire, England, situated on a bend of the River Avon.

  And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!  

  


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! It's hard not to think about the state of the world and all the circus show governments and such running everything... It hurts the heart and mind. :( Thank goodness for comfort food at times like these...LOL! Your pasta dish and that slow cooker ham looks sooo good! FUN with the Bible journalling freebies! That crochet blanket is lovely--very elegant! So many pretty decorating ideas at the end here... I'll take all that, yes, please... Oh, and that sweet cottage too!... LOL! ;) Happy week, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fixed green beans, ham and potatoes in my slow cooker many times and always enjoy it. It's nice to be able to put it all in the pot and just let it be. These days I'm praying a lot for the leaders of our countries to make wise decisions. They are powerful but prayer is more so. I love seeing the pictures of your country. Thanks for sharing all that you do. I can always find something of interest. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy! I try not to think about it, but that's all the news is full of these days. Very sad. I want to start Bible Journaling myself. I have been saying that for a couple of years though! Maybe I will get around to it soon! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! Xoxo

    I M going to try that for sure Pam! It looks so tasty. I pray for all the leaders every day. Ultimately good will prevail. I truly believe that! You have a terrific Tuesday also! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!