Wednesday 20 September 2017

Wednesday this and that . . .



I was in the back garden yesterday, puttering about. I had taken the potato and onion bins out there to go through them.  We'd been getting some tiny flies in the house and that was a sure sign to me that something had gone off and the culprit is usually either the potato or the onion bin.  It was the potato bin.   

So anyways, I was out there at the patio table going through them and I kept hearing this noise, like a bunch of wasps buzzing.  It sounded like they were really close and then they sounded far away, and then close again . . .  very disconcerting. I hate wasps. They sting and I am really quite afraid of them.
 

Well, it wasn't wasps.  I was being terrorized by one of these.  A drone. I don't know who it belonged to, but it kept going away and then flying right back towards me and hovering over me.  I did not like that at all.  I felt like my privacy was being compromised. Perhaps someone had just gotten one and they were practicing using it, or whatever.  It wasn't nice having this thing practically dive bombing me.  I did not like feeling like I was being watched or filmed or photographed without my consent.  What do you think?  How would you feel about that?  Just curious. I think there should be strict rules about the use of them, and not being able to terrorize people in their back garden should be one of them.  The little dog next door was going spastic over it. 

 
Todd picked all the pears and apples yesterday so guess what I am going to be doing.  I am going to be making jam or something.  I don't have room for them in the freezer and they will need using up pronto.  I should just make pear and applesauce, but again, there is no place for it in the freezer.  I will probably make jam, or butter.  We'll see.  I need to buy jars.  And sugar. Jam Sugar.  Plus I have a bunch of plums that need using. 


The fireworks have started banging again at night.  Mitzie doesn't like them at all.  They went on for quite a while last night.  She wouldn't go out to do her business when it was time for bed.  Todd even tried to go out with her, but she wasn't having it.  There was no way.  Not for love nor money.  That's the only thing I don't like about this time of year.  The fireworks. Bonfire night isn't until the 5th of November. Why they have to start setting them off in September I will never understand.  Most people's pets do not like them at all and I wonder what the local wildlife thinks.  They are probably terrified.  Poor things and they have nobody to cuddle them and tell them its going to be okay. 


 The caribbean is being assaulted by yet another major catastophic hurricane.  Unbelievable when they haven't even had a chance to recover from the last one.  My heart goes out to them and my prayers as well. How utterly, utterly awful.  Add to that the earthquake in Mexico, the wildfires which have been burning out west . . . the genocide which is happening against Muslims in Burma which the Burmese Government says isn't happening. (Half a million people don't flee to another country to starve to death if nothing is going on) etc.. terror attacks in my own country, school shootings in Spokane . . .  and don't get me started on North Korea. 

What. The. Heck. 
If these aren't signs of the latter days, I don't know what is.
And we know it will get worse.


I watched Donald Trump's speech in the UN yesterday, in its entirety. I thought it was a pretty good speech.  He seemed sincere and like he really does have America's best interests at heart.  He certainly called a spade a spade when speaking about some of the leaders of other nations.  Maybe this kind of bold talk is what the world needs right now.  I don't know.  His speech stirred a mix of emotions I think.  Patriotism, fear, etc. He spoke about destroying North Korea.  Todd and I were talking about it afterwards . . .  and it is hard to know what is right. It certainly looks like the North Korean leader has a death wish, if not for himself and his own country, then definitely for any country within the reach of his nuclear weapons.  He's definitely been poking the bear.  How long before the bear bites back?  I dread to think  . . . 

Why can't we just all be friends and let each other be.
Share what we have with everyone.
Take care of the hungry and the weak
and the poor.  Love everyone.
Stop fighting each other 
and be at
peace
???

I can only think and aspire to what I believe to be true,  and that is this.  Good will ultimately prevail over evil. I, on my own, cannot change the world, but I can control me and I can be a better me, and I can make a difference.  Change begins right where you stand.  So if I try to do my best and be my best and to follow the Saviour's teachings, then maybe I can make my own little piece of the world a better place. I can set an example for goodness and truth, and maybe in time others will follow. I cannot control the weather or earthquakes, etc. but I can do what I can to help those who have been affected by them, to make a difference for them.  And maybe I will only be able to make a difference for one person, but that is still one person whose life will be better or have at least been helped, etc.



And to end things on a positive note, the Christmas chocolates are arriving in the shops.  I got two tubs for £8 in Morrisons yesterday.  It always used to be a real treat when my brother sent us a tub of Quality Street.  We thought they were the best, and it was so kind of him.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° Hope is a verb, it is an action, not a chair
to sit on and wait for things to get better . . . 
It is something we do.
It is a brave choice that we make.
~unknown    .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


 

In the  kitchen today . . .  Scrambled Eggs in Toasty Cups.  Quite simply delicious.

Have a lovely Wednesday.  I am going to try to call my mom this afternoon.  Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 




11 comments:

  1. How annoying with that drone bothering you in your own garden! It is sad how little respect for people and their privacy is. I don't think just anyone should be able to have those, given that they can be invasion things. Like moving spy glasses... haha! Oooo... looking forward to seeing what you make with all your apples & pears! Wow that's pretty early for Bonfire Night festivities! Although, folks do that here many days in advance of New Year. Speaking of fireworks... I must say I did not like Nr. 45's speech yesterday. It was quite shocking. I felt he was saying/being very reckless and dangerous. I'm so with you on prayers for a world where we love and care for one another! Not blow each other up. I find 45 not very sincere at all, he's a showman. His speeches divide not bring people/nations together, there is little compassion in his manner of leading. I don't like bullies. Sorry, I said too much maybe! LOL... Didn't mean to go all political! And I certainly don't mean to offend. But I'm very worried, though. I pray a lot about the state of our fragile world every day, for God's mercy up on us all. Praying our leaders will do the right thing--lead with hearts, not guns. Good will prevail, though there will be storms. But God is GOOD, and He will see us through! :))) LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tracy, it was, on many level,s a very shocking speech, and he did not mince words in it, calling the leaders of a few nations out on the carpet for their actions. It is fair to say that it could be construed as being divisive. It is difficult to say what it right. Humanity is being challenged on so many levels today. It is becoming more difficult to know what is right and what is wrong. When we need to be strong or when we need to be weaker in the face of all our problems. I think we must continue to be very diligent in our prayers for the world and its people.God is indeed GOOD and His will for us will prevail. I just hope that we don't all have to suffer for too long! Love you ltos also! God bless! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, I think drones should be strictly controlled; licensed if you like. Very nasty having someone invading your space. My late husband would have shot it down.
    Mea culpa - I confess to eating a WHOLE BOX of Celebrations last Christmas, on my own!
    Just stared raining here in Snowdonia - just in casi it's coming your way XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bunny, you live in Todd's favourite part of Wales. He used to live in Snowdonia, but I forget the name of the town. He said it was very Welsh there. We did take a drive to the town one day and I thought it was beautiful. I think drones should be licensed also. It was very disconcerting to say the least. Oh, I could easily eat a whole tin of Celebrations, but I have to control myself. The Celebrations ones are my favourites followed by the Roses. I need to really watch my sugar intake however, or I will sadly be paying the price and it won't be a price I want to pay! xoxo PS - Thanks for the rain warning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a drone around here, but do know that they exist. I think it is an invasion of privacy and would be quite scared if one buzzed me. i've heard about them and keep my shades closed in the evening so there is no possibility of one looking in. I always keep some chocolates on hand here for a treat but haven't seen any Christmas candy yet. The stores are loaded with everything for halloween right now, but I have seen some Christmas decorations being added into the mix.A piece of chocolate is supposed to be good for you they say! Hope both all the flies and drones are gone for now. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not been bothered by a drone as yet. But I am bothered by Trump. Living next door to the U.S. is terrifying these days. Although I don't condone what North Korea is doing, Mr Trump's big-bully-boy tactics do nothing but stir the pot for Kim Yung's big-bully-boy tactics --- and we are in the firing line!

    I wish I had lots of fresh fruit to bottle or can. So little can be grown here in Newfoundland. But for the short season we do have, I really enjoy our different fruit - our partridgeberries and bakeapples, for instance.

    Take care Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No flies or drones today Pam! We keep,our curtains drawn at night also. I dread the thought of anyone looking in! Xoxo. PS I hear that a bit of dark chocolate is especially good for you!

    I agree that he can be quite abrasive Sandy! I have never eaten a partridgeberry or a bakeapple! I bet they are delicious! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with you about drones Marie. I think they are one of the most dangerous inventions to have in young hands, they can I suppose be used for good..for instance I was just reading today that the RLN.i ( lifeboats) are trailing them to help find people missing at sea,) now that would be good news...but next are the drug dealers who are using the drone to drop drugs over prison walls, aeroplanes nearly being brought down, it's getting really serious and before something devastating happens they must be brought under control. I hate them. I'm also in agreement about all the awful things that are happening in our wonderful life. But there is not a lot we can do but what we can do we must make every effort to do it really well.....whether that is sharing our food with those in more need than ourselves or sharing what little money we may have....it's all so very hard to know what to do that would please our Lord ...we can only pray and try to listen for Gods reply......but as he says we will never know the day or the time we must be aware and ready. Night night. God Bless and keep us all safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't realised that Sandy was from Newfoundland...I have tasted both partridgeberry e and bakeapple and can say both are lovely. I think I may have told you that I have been quite a few times to Newfoundland and have a secret place in my heart for it....( I laugh often when I think about being asked if I wanted cods tongue for supper !!). Who ever thought up Cods tongue !! There sure are some odd expressions over there. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never saw a drone but if one was hovering over me, I would throw at it whatever was close by! Then they would think twice before they put that thing close by me again! Lol. That really is infuriating Marie!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they are very dangerous inventions Sybil! And in the hands of someone stupid they could do a lot of damage Like you I believe that prayer and listening are the two keys to knowing what is right in these perilous times we are living. Our lamps must be full and our wicks ready. Love you! xoxo PS - Have you tried Cod Cheeks?

    The problem Jan is it is just high enough you can't reach it to do anything back. It was very annoying and intrusive! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!