Thursday 10 August 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 

Sunsets. They paint the sky such beautiful colors.


 

Brown Eyed Susan's and Daisies.  Such cheerful flowers.


 


Love this desk. What a pretty alcove.  Look at the size of that lantern!  Wow!


 


I love a full moon  . . . 


 


Puppies and the way they waddle.  Their excitement about everything. Love them so much.


 


What a beautiful bedroom. I love the comfy chair and the way the doors open out to the out of doors.  Fresh.


 


I love old dishes, especially in blues and whites  . . . 


 
 


Clawfoot tubs, although I am not sure this arrangement entirely does it justice . . . 


 

Brass knobs and fittings  . . . 


 


Sunflowers.  When the Mrs. at the big house used to do her flower arrangements with sunflowers, they were always my favorites.


 


The smell of fresh apples  . . . 


 


Have you ever seen a more cheerful sight?


 


Gingham  . . .  especially on a tablescape . . . 


 


Sheer panels  . . .  so light and airy . . . 


 

Pretty boxes  . . .  love them  . . . 


 


Screen doors  . . . the smell, the sound  . . . 


 


Old seed packets  . . . 


 


Going barefoot  . . . 




 

Fresh watermelon   . . .  so refreshing  . . . 


 

Pretty tart tins  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week!


Had a lovely dinner out with dad and Hazel last night.  My friend Jacquie came along. She had had a bad day so I thought she could use some company. My dad enjoyed having a new woman to flirt with talk to and Jacquie got to have a pleasant distraction for a few hours anyways.   It was just nice and made a change.

My brother got through yesterday okay, although he was not very well afterwards. Now we play the waiting game.  Please continue to keep him and his wife Chris in your prayers.  Thank you!


A thought to carry with you . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛Contentment
is natural wealth.
~Socrates•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . . Chopped Ploughman's Sandwich.  A riff on the  Chopped Italian Sandwich.  Simply delicious.

I hope that you have a beautiful day.  Yesterday was a bit showery off and on. I enjoyed meeting up with a few ladies and working on my afghan.  What I didn't enjoy was being the only person who was talking.  I am uncomfortable with silence. True fact. I thought the whole purpose in getting together was to chat and fellowship with one another.

Whatever you get up to today, don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



4 comments:

  1. Lovely favourites. Positive thoughts for your brother and family, hoping he recovers quickly. Nice to take your friend for dinner last night. Too bad about the no natter at the knit group, keep chatting and they will join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda. He is starting to feel a bit better, but I think the worst part will be the wait for results. We are such impatient creatures. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Silence in group invitations can be uncomfortable. One way to get people talking is to simply mention Donald Trump, works every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would want to start a war! lol xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!