Saturday 26 August 2023

Another catch up . . .

 

For this is life . . . this blessed throbbing Now,
This golden-tinted morning . . . this today
Whose rich abundance speaks from every bough
If we just listen to the things they say.

For I shall never hear a clearer song
Than younger skylark's singing from the blue,
Or know a sweeter ecstasy . . . or see
A richer purple than this pansy's hue.

For I shall never taste a lovelier breath
Than of roses blooming on the vine,
Or sense a heaven nearer to the earth,
Or grasp a clearer sight of the Divine.

For Heaven lies about us everywhere,
And God is close, for every blade of grass
Signs on the wind like ancient lines of prayer,
And all the world is hushed to watch Him pass.
Edna Jacques, Life
My Kitchen Window, 1942


I thought I would do a little post this morning. A catch up with all the goings on in my life.  Not a lot has been happening actually. I have been just resting, trying to heal and get better.  Its not happening.  There is a free clinic at the hospital in town tomorrow. I called the Chemist yesterday trying to find out if there is anything I can take to help my symptoms, etc.  And he said that I needed to be on anti-biotics and suggested I drive to Kentville to the ER there or go to the free clinic here in town on Sunday.  I have opted for the latter as I just cannot face the long drive to Kentville. Here's hoping that I can finally get onto some antibiotics and maybe make a positive start towards getting better. 

Yesterday morning when I woke up, after a very sporadic sleep, my eyes were glued shut.  I slept a tiny bit better last night. I still have the raging cough, although it is looser and I am bringing up stuff. My nose is not congested, but I have infected eyes, and one ear is blocked.  I know, too much information. In the old days I would have simply been able to make a Doctors appointment and been seen to.  In fact, I probably wouldn't have even had to see him. He would have just given me a prescription for an antibiotic and made an appointment for a follow up. Those days are long gone.





I spent all of yesterday laid back in my easy boy with a cat on my lap, dozing off and on. I've watched more television than I ever cared to watch. I've drunk a lot of cup a soup.  There has been no cooking going on. Zip. Nada. None.  I know I should be creating new content for the food blog, but I have no energy or will to do so.  This too shall pass.  At least I hope that it will!  

I can see where things like this really knock the stuffing out of a person as they get older, and I am still in  my 60's, admittedly closer to 70 than I ever cared to be, but whatever.  Time marches on.  Hopefully next week at this time I will be feeling hale and hearty again!

Cindy has some congestion in her head/sinuses. God willing it doesn't move down to her chest. Dad is almost feeling back to scratch, and Dan is thinking he might be getting a cold.  And I am now thinking I want to go back to bed, or at least to my chair.


We will all get better. This will soon just be an unhappy ending to the summer of 2023. Thank you for all your happy thoughts and prayers.

Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

 

5 comments:

  1. This cold is dreadful, hope you get to the clinic tomorrow morning and get what is needed for the road to recovery. Keep resting, as you have been doing, and sleep when you can. Lots of positive thoughts and virtual hugs heading to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care..Soon it will be a bad memory...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the clinic doctor can give you an antibiotic, Marie. Feel better soon. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending happy, healthy wishes to you…and your family…xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was sick with Covid I took 1000 mg vitamin c three times a day, plus vitamins d, zinc, selenium, eachinacea. Same for the few times I have had colds, gets rid of any virus. Plus three cloves chopped garlic twice a day, I mix with cold juice and drink down fast, a very powerful antiviral. For me, it cut the misery time in half.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!