Tuesday 15 August 2023

A Day Book . . .


 

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

I have had to clean my feeder and fill it up three times in the past week. Not that I am complaining. I surely am not. I have quite a few humming birds visiting and I love to watch them. I managed to catch two of them together with my camera yesterday. They move so fast and there are usually more than this.  The one you see sitting on the top sits there for long periods of time, chasing away any other birds that try to come.



Sometimes he sits on this shepherd's hook.  Waiting. Watching. I know it is a male because of the red on his throat.  They are so much fun.  Even the cats enjoy them.


Getting juvenile Blue Jays also. They haven't developed their full head feathers.  Their heads look small for their bodies and at first I thought they had the mange or something. I have not managed to snap a photo of them yet.


I AM THINKING ...

I dream often about food, but I never get to eat any of it.  Last night it was muffins. I do wonder sometimes why I never get to eat any of it. It hardly seems fair.  

I do have  very vivid dreams.  All of the time. And I remember most of them.  Not sure what that says about me.





I AM GRATEFUL ...

My brother's tests all came back and there is no malignancy in any of the biopsies.  I am very grateful fr that and for your many prayers on his behalf.  Now he can rest his mind from the worry I know he has been feeling for months now. A weight has been lifted. God is good.


LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Doug is facetiming me today. I am looking forward to our chat.  I always do.  I haven't really had a chance to talk to him since he returned to the Island.  It will be great!

I am taking Eileen and Tim out for lunch on Thursday so I am looking forward to that also! My life is full!



MADE ME LAUGH ...

My friend Noelle posted this on FB. It made me laugh.  We all know those people who show everything they are feeling on their face, no  matter how hard they try not to.  We may even be those people. It just made me laugh.


 

SOMETHING I LOVE ...

I love fresh plums.  Especially when they are really ripe like this.  I hate bringing fresh fruit into the house, especially this time of year because it is always accompanied by fruit flies and you have to work so hard to get rid of them. They must be one of the most annoying creatures on the planet.  I need to find a container with a lock in lid to put some fruit in so that I can leave it out to ripen without those pesky fruit flies.



WHERE'S NUTMEG ...

He thinks nobody can see him. This always makes me laugh, and the pretty pink paw pads make me smile.


 

LOVING ...

Loving the light of these late summer days. They are drawing in now.  Its starting to get dark earlier in the evenings and light later in the mornings.  I love the play of light in both of these times of the day, but especially the twilight  . . . 



ALSO LOVING ...

Gudrun Sjoden clothing.  I bought my first dress and coat from this designer when I was in the UK.  I have bought several since my return to Canada.  I wish I could afford to buy more, but it is very expensive.  I just don't like many of the things which are offered locally at the shops, especially for larger women. We are very limited.  I don't know why. There are loads of large women in this area.  Maybe I just need to start making my own clothes again. That is not cheap either.




I AM READING ...

Don't Forget to Write, by Sara Goodman Confino

Marilyn Kleinman is let’s say unique…especially for a young Jewish woman in the 1960s. What she wants and what her father is expecting her to be and do are two very different things. Especially after her and the Rabbi’s son come crashing through the glass kissing at the synagogue in front of the entire congregation. The solution after she refuses to marry the boy…send her off to Great Aunt Ada’s for the summer. Maybe that strict Aunt can set her properly in the path she needs to take is what she is told by her parents. Stay with her over the summer (her mother had done it when she was her age) and maybe her father might allow her to go back to college in the fall. 


 Except the only true thing about what she has been told about Great Aunt Ada, is that she is a matchmaker. Marilyn now learns where she gets the sharp comeback, quick witted, personality from. Ada makes Marilyn work for her business of matchmaking over the summer, first in Philadelphia where she lives and then in New Jersey where she goes for the summer. She is using it as a way to build up the number of male clients she has because right now she has more females than males. But she also is using it as a way for Marilyn to find out who she really is, what she wants, what love is and more… Especially when going through all the photos that are in boxes in Ada’s house, she learns about the family’s past and who the women in her life truly were. Now she just has to come to a decision of who she really wants to be.

I was able to choose this book on my kindle for free as a part of my Prime Membership. (I get one free book a  month.)  I have only just started it, but so far so good!





SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

Down for Love on Netflix.  I am loving this show.  I love the innocence of these people and their enthusiasm for life. It is a five part Docuseries from New Zealand which follows young adults with Down Syndrome on their quest for love.  I am really enjoying it.  It is nice to see something sweet and positive amidst the sea of smut we are usually offered when it comes to shows like this.  




I AM WANTING TO COOK ...

This Mediterranean White Bean Soup from Peas and Crayons looks mighty tasty.  I love hearty soups like this. It will soon be soup weather and this looks and sounds right up my alley.




TRACING THE GOODNESS ...

Every day may not be a good day, but there is something good in every day. I have made it a habit each day, at the end of my days, to trace out the goodness that I have discovered in the day I have just spent.  It is always, always there.  It could be something I have read, or seen. It could be something as simple as a lesson learned.  It could be the company of my cats and family members.  Something tasty enjoyed.  A message from a friend.  A letter in the post. Furry snuggles. My days are filled with simple pleasures and joys.  Peace.  Contentment.

Yesterday Cindy and I drove up country to go to the NSLC in Berwick as I wanted some more CBC gummies. I find they really help with the pain. I take one late in the afternoon and I am able to go to bed relatively pain free. Oh, there is pain, but not like there was. 

After that we went to the Cambridge Convenience store.  I picked up a couple frozen pizzas and some chicken nuggets and a hash brown bacon and onion mix to try. Then we doubled back and had lunch at a new place that has just opened in the area, The Pita Pit.  It was pretty good. I had a Chicken Souvlaki and Cindy had a Gyro.  Its like the Middle Eastern answer to Sub Way.  I have to say it was super busy the whole time we were there.  Then we went to the Super Store to pick up a few bits and finally home.

I just enjoy these days I spend with my sister.  We need to have a painting day again soon!


 


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Where there is great love
there are always miracles.
~Willa Cather•。★★ 。* 。




IN THE KITCHEN ...

In the English Kitchen today, a delicious recipe for Easy General Tao Chicken, for one. This was delicious and simple.  Quick and tasty.


I hope that you have a beautiful day filled with love and light. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



4 comments:

  1. The chinese dish looks very yummy!! Same problem here as where you are...NO good Chinese we have found...both we tried were worrisome as to whether we might get ill even. So sad. My fav kind of food!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I would rather just make Chinese food at home! Yes, you need to worry about getting ill by some of the food offered in restaurants! Yikes! The last time we went for a Chinese the table cloth was appallingly filthy. They had a plastic cover over it, but that is not the point. If they cannot clean their table clothes how clean is anything else??? xoxo

      Delete
  2. Today is National Granny Square Day, hope you get to work on your blanket for a bit. Made fresh hummer food yesterday, will get feeders cleaned and filled today. They are so adorable to watch. So glad your brother's test results were good, a big burden off everyone's mind. Not liking that the darkness is creeping in, almost dark by 8:30 pm now. Will enjoy the daylight while I can. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some work done on my blanket Linda! As you know I love granny squares! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!