Tuesday 26 May 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, May 26th, 2020

Outside my window ...
Its cool but sunny and promises to be another beautifully warm day in the offing. We certainly have been blessed with the weather over these past weeks.

I am thinking ...
I hate the media and the way they grab hold of something and then bang on about it forever and forever. Dominic Cummings was a bad boy and did something stupid he shouldn't have done. Just like many others during lockdown he broke the rules. Yes, he should have known better as he is a polititian. He doesn't deserve to lose his job for it. He has apologised, explained himself, etc. Leave him alone. Surely there are more important things to be talking about.

I am thankful for ...
Three children who communicate with me frequently. They are all safe. They are all healthy as are their families. I am blessed. I am thankful also for the health of the two who don't communicate and their families. All any mother wants is for her children to be safe, healthy and happy. The end.

In the kitchen ...  


 
 

Baked Blueberry & Lemon Sheetpan Pancake.  Deliciously simple. 

On my "to Cook" list ... 

   


My Mind Patch.  Japanese Milk Bread.  I am intrigued. 

Good to know ...  

I have always had  a difficult time saying no to anyone. 

I am creating ...  


  
 


Purl Soho.  Simple Quilted Blankets Tutorial. 


   


The Creative Pathologist. Minky  Flannel Baby Blanket. Excellent tutorial. 



The Happy Hour. RicRac Blanket.  


   



The Creative Juices of Ariel.  Burp Cloths.  Nice.  



Free Patterns for Scrub Hats.  Hummingbird Classic Scrub Cap.  


I am reading ...  


 

The Gown, by Jennifer Robson. 
The Gown is an enthralling historical novel about one of the most famous wedding dresses of the twentieth century - Queen Elizabeth's wedding gown - and the fascinating women who made it.

 London, 1947: Besieged by a harsh winter, burdened by shortages and rationing, the people of post-war Britain are suffering despite their nation's recent victory. For Ann Hughes and Miriam Dassin, embroiderers at the famed Mayfair fashion house of Norman Hartnell, a glimmer of brightness comes in the form of their unlikely friendship and being chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime honour: taking part in the creation of Princess Elizabeth's wedding gown.

Toronto, 2016: Heather Mackenzie seeks to unravel the mystery of a legacy from her late grandmother. How did her beloved nan, who never spoke of her old life in Britain, come to possess the priceless embroideries that so closely resemble the motifs on the stunning gown worn by Queen Elizabeth II at her wedding almost seventy years before? And what was her nan's connection to the celebrated textile artist and Holocaust survivor Miriam Dassin?

With The Gown, Jennifer Robson takes us inside the workrooms where one of the most famous wedding gowns in history was created to tell a story of women whose lives are woven together by the pain of survival, the bonds of friendship, and the redemptive power of love. 


 Dreaming of ...  

(source)  


Toadstool embroideries  . . . 




(source)  
 

Pintucks and lace  . . . 




(source)  

Lamps in crinolines  . . . 




(source)  
Milk in glass bottles  . . . 


(source)  
Ceramic cups with flowers pressed into them  . . .



Something to watch ... 

 

Defending Jacob  . . . Apple TV

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
In any given moment
we have two options:
To step forward into growth
or to step back into safety.
~Abraham Maslow •。★★ 。* 。
 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



It was an ideal spring day, a light blue sky, flecked with little fleecy white clouds drifting across from west to east. The sun was shining very brightly, and yet there was an exhilarating nip in the air, which set an edge to a man’s energy.“ ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Ribblesdale, one of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales in England. 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
 




14 comments:

  1. We are unusually warm with summer like temps but our rollercoaster weather continues by the weekend we'll have uncually cold temps for this time of year. I do agree, every mother wants there children to be healthy, happy and safe. And I'm glad mine keep in touch so I know that they are well. Could not ask for anything more these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right about that Pam! We have had chilly mornings, but it warms right up in the day and our days have been beautifully warm and sunny. Makes self isolating a bit more bearable! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wonderful day book! we are going into the heat not my favorite.
    I like the ways to say no it is just not an easy word to say.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathy! We are in heat now too, and like you it is not my favourite thing, especially if it is accompanied with humidity! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Watching Little Fires Everywhere..not bad..need more shows..
    we're having a heat wave this week..July weather..Take care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Little Fires Everywhere. Todd not so much so I need to watch it without him. I read the book, did you? Very good. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie!
    I like these helpful phases for just saying no. I'm going to start putting those phases to good use! My door is staying locked for a reason, even the screen door! I just heard on the radio that even more people have covid19 and more deaths!

    Oh, those quilts are beautiful! That's one thing I want to do again, is make a quilt.

    Those cups with the pressed flowers in them are so cool! Wow, people are so talented!

    Stay safe and be well! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are living in such strange and dangerous times Jan. Our door is always locked when it is closed. It does it automatically. Makes it easy to lock yourself out however! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Very nice list of nice ways to say no...could have used this one my whole life!! Am sending it on via email to a few, my daughters in particular. My son could sure use it too...maybe will chance sending it to him...you understand that one. Thanks for all the ideas...I do not know where you find the time to locate them, but I sure appreciate it!! We will never run out of ideas for future projects with you online, Marie!! GREAT!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Elizabeth! I have always had a difficult time to say no to anyone! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie, so glad to hear your family is keeping well during this pandemic, no easy feat. I've been thinking about all the furor about Dominic Cummings and his ill-advised trip to see his parents. Would people feel better if his parents lived 2 miles away rather than 250 miles? Personally, I think he had a very legitimate reason for the trip, the safety and well being of his 4 year old child. His wife tested positive for Covid and he was fearful that if he got it too, who would look after their child? I doubt anyone critizing him have stepped up and offered to look after the child. Just another opinion, I guess. Stay safe. Be kind everyone and try not to judge.
    Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all you have said Elaine. Sadly, he will probably end up losing his job because of all this. People are so judgemental and harsh at times. It makes me sad. Kindness costs nothing and to be honest you know nothing until you have walked in another's pair of shoes. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  7. I do love and enjoy your daybook entries. I always love the corner of my kingdom photos. I think England looks like such a beautiful place.
    I an happy to hear that all your children and families are doing well. Right now ours's are doing good too.
    The bread roll does look interesting and the other one delicious.
    How to say No; awesome! I'm not good at saying No either.
    Loved all the photos of the quilts. I do love quilts.
    I think the book about the making of the Gown sounds very interesting.
    I love dresses with pintucks and lace. Then the bottled milk, bring back memories and I like the flowered cups.
    Yup! another fun read; blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! England is very beautiful when you get out into the countryside and we have some beautiful cities as well. but like anyplace there are spots not so beautiful. Blessings and hugs to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!