Thursday 28 May 2020

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   
 
You may wonder why I do this each week.  Can I really have that many favourite things?  Yes, I can!  I love all things beautiful, inspirational, etc. Plus its a great diversion for me to dwell on the things I love, especially now and share that diversion with others!  

 
 
One of my favourite things is the church I belong to.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is more than a church, it is a way of life and permeates all that I do and embroiders  my days with joy, even the bad days. Centred on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and led by the Saviour, I  spent many years thinking of it as a cult, evil, and being fearful of it.  I can tell you one thing and that is this. This church is not evil. In my 21 years of membership I have never once seen anything or heard anything that would hurt anyone or draw them away from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  It has been the making of me.  It has given me confidence and strength and most important of all, hope. 
 
 
  
 
Twins.  They fascinate me.  My ex SIL had twin boys, and my ex's uncles were twins.  Fraternal twins which means non-identical.  They didn't even look like brothers never mind twins. And then my best friend from 25 years ago had identical twin daughters. You could barely tell them apart unless you knew them really well.  I just find twins to be very interesting.  
 
(source

Cats and kittens.  I don't have one and I don't think I would have one over here as you cannot keep them indoors without screens on the windows, etc.  and we have no basement for a litter box.  But I do like cats very much. I grew up with cats and we had cats throughout my marriage to my ex and while my children were growing up.  Mainly Siamese cats. But I also have a weakness for orange cats. 



Audrey Hepburn.  She had class.  She was beautiful and kind.  
  

  
(source)  


Breakfast nooks.  Casual or fancy. They are great space economisers and provide an lovely intimate setting for dining. 



Cherubs with their chubby little bodies and tiny wings. One would scarce think those little fluffy wings could hold them up  . . . 


  
(source


Books.  They have always been my friends.  They have taken me places I never could have gone. They have introduced me to people and ideas and experiences I never would have otherwise met.  They have inspired, entertained and taught.  I would never want to be without them.  



Stone cottages with thatched rooves.  They have such character  . . . 


  

Stately looking homes.  I know  . . .  the opposite extremes.  I could and would never want to have to maintain/clean, etc. a home like this, but I think its very beautiful and I wonder about the kind of people who live in such a place. 



Interesting roof lines.  Have you ever noticed that each culture/country/people have their own architecture that you can easily identify?  For instance this is Dutch.  I also find that fascinating. 


  

This. Its totally true. 


(source)

I love this bathroom. Everything about it.  The tiled floors.  That tub  . . .  the sink . . . the space . . .  not so much the wall colour. I think I would paint it or have flower sprigged, in blues  . . .  pale blues. 



Window boxes filled with flowers.  They add so much to the beauty of a home  . . . 


   

Rolling hills, green vistas, interesting landscapes. This is a place I would love to visit.  




Gazebos, although I would never want one as ornate as this. Beautiful to look at however. 


  


This in all of its simplicity. It fascinates me. I could not find a source, but I think it is quite beautiful. 



  

A patchwork jacket . . .  like Joseph's coat of many colours  . . . intriguing . . . 


  


I could live here  . . . 



Gadgets . . . 

  

Cheese pizza  . . . 



Vintage casserole dishes  . . .  


  

Pip studio  . . .  love the colours and designs  . . .  



Mixing patterns, and colours and textures  . . .  floral, lace, gingham  . . .  lovely.


 


Window valences  . . .  this one is especially pretty  . . . 



Witches  . . . they fascinate and terrify me at the same time  . . . interesting  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Be the moon and inspire people,
even when you are far from full.
~K. Tolnoe •。★★ 。* 。 




n The English Kitchen today  . . . Curried Beef Fried Rice.  Deliciously simple! 

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    


 



 


 



 
 

10 comments:

  1. Have a great day..love all those Cath Kidston prints and lookalikes..homes..always..oh so many thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago we had a bedding set in that gingham and flour print, bright red. But when we switched to twin beds I had to give it away. I have always missed it. Love and hugs! Keep staying safe! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It's always good to think about good things. We are what we think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what goes in comes out Pam! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the sweet testimony of our beliefs; I loved those thoughts.
    I find twins fascinating too. It's amazing how much alike Identical twins are and how any twins seems to have a special bond.
    I miss having a cat and had one through most of my life. When we lost our Willie, we didn't get another one because I have allergies to cats.
    I do love Audrey Hepburn We have recently watched some of her shows.
    We have had breakfast nooks before and they are awesome.
    I love books too and have always loved to read. I wish I could have a bit more time to read more than I do.
    I love the photos of thatched roof homes. My favorite is a home with a wrap around porch; I would love that. I had a fairly large home and I didn't like cleaning it.
    Wow, that is a large sized bathroom; it lovely! Window boxes are awesome. I haven't ever had one.
    I love the valence and the other photos. You find such fun ones.
    I love green rolling hills. We had a Gazebo in our last home and we loved it. We had a few wedding receptions in our home and It was fun to decorate for the outdoor ones.
    I do love anything Vintage. I do like the witch photo; she doesn't look dangerous.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! Oh I would love to have a home with larger rooms, but not so many rooms I couldn't comfortable care for it! I do love a wrap around porch as well, like my grandparent's house had. Love and hugs to you as well! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hello dearie,
    Hello from Harvest Lane Cottage in Missouri, USA. I feel like I got to know you a bit better from this post.
    I love Jesus, my husband of 34 years, my four children, my home (finally purchased one of our own last year), knitting, writing, sewing, spending time with friends, snail mail, and splashing the love of Jesus on everyone I meet.

    Hugs from across the pond,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love all your favourite things Laura! I love how you always inspire people. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good morning, Marie. My mom always said you are never alone if you have a good book to read. That's very true, I think. Lots of lovely favourites. I made a pretty strawberry/rhubarb pie today. It was quite tasty with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true Elaine and they have been keeping me company for a very long time! Oh, I adore Strawberry/rhubarb anything. I bet it was fabulous! Love and hugs right back! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!