Thursday 21 May 2020

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.      


(source


New potatoes.  They are so lovely simply steamed and then rolled in butter and fresh herbs. 




Working with wool felt, making penny rugs, etc.  I actually adore penny rugs/mats. 


  


Cabbage roses  . . . .  





Reds, whites and blues in any shade or combination  . . . 


  


The colour purple  . . . 



Robin's egg blue  . . . 


  


Light and shadow  . . . .  the way they play together . . .


(source)  



Cucumbers and cucumber salad  . . . 



Patchwork and lace  . . . 


  
(source


Buttercups  . . .  did you ever play do you like butter? 



Enid Blyton books  . . .  I think I've read them all  . . . 


  

This  . . . .



(source)  
  
Hanging out with the ones you love  . . . 


(source)  


Thimbles and wooden spools  . . .  



Whimsical abodes  . . . 


 
(source

Children's illustration  . . .  


(source)

Embroidered pillow slips  . . .   



Honey  . . .  but sadly I cannot eat it anymore  . . . 


  

Shepherd's huts  . . . 




Furry boots  . . . 


  


Forget me nots  . . . 




Pretty tea sets  . . . .


  

Rainbow ice cream  . . . haven't had it in years  . . .  or moonmist  . . .




Vintage greeting cards  . . . 



Wisteria  . . .  there is a street in Freiburg, Germany that is completely festooned with it  . . . magical  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *sometimes you just have to be done,
not mad, not upset, just done •。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Tomato, Basil & Red Onion Salad.  Yumminess.

I hope you have a good day today. There are some dark clouds rolling over here, but very quickly so think this will pass.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!  



═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   






4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better and that you have a good day too..love all the cute things:)So allergic to kitties though,but so photogenic and cute paws indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like a cat one day, but not over here. There are no screens on the windows and I could not bear an animal of mine to be wandering willy nilly all over the place! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loved all your favourites today. Enid Blyton books, embroidered pillow cases, cucumber salad, vintage cards, patchwork quilts, sweet little lambkins. I love all your posts but I really love your favourite things pist. I've started sending a Friday Favourites email to a few friends to keep their spirits up. Thanks for the inspiration, Marie. Hope the rain has passed and the sun is shining now. It's a lovely day here. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful thing to do for your friends Elaine! They are so lucky to get such an e-mail from you. I am sure they really appreciate it. You are so kind! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!