Tuesday 17 September 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, September 17, 2019 
 
Outside my window...
Its dark and quiet. Can you believe we are in the middle of September already?  Somebody make the earth stop spinning around so quickly!  Time is flying by too fast! 

I am thinking ... 
I can remember being a child and thinking 30 was ancient, and I could not imagine anyone being as old as 60 or even older. Now I am 64 and it seems as if the past 64 years have gone by in  flash. A lot of the people I went to school with have already passed away.  I recognise that every day you are given is a special blessing. I made a promise to myself to find joy in every day and in the now, and life got even better. 
 
I am thankful for ...
See above! 
 
In the kitchen ... 
 
Roussillon Baked Potatoes 
 
Roussillon Baked Potatoes.  Twice baked deliciousness. 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 

BBC Good Food. Yorkshire Pudding Wrap.  This looks fabulous!  

Good to Know ... 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
I found these arigumi mushrooms, but can't find a pattern in English. If you could find an English pattern just for the mushrooms, then a person can add beads all by themselves.   So lovely! 



 
 Love Crafts.  Shelby the knitted snail. 
 
 
 
Flutterby Patch. Knitted Snowmen.  
 
 
 
 
Cool Creativity did a whole bunch and turned them into a wreath!  Cute!! 
 
 
Love Crafts. Knitted Zebra and Giraffe. Not free but not expensive.  Very cute. 
 
 
  
 
Jean Marsh on Ravelry. Red Roofed Croft Pattern. Again not free, but not expensive. 
 
 
I am Reading ... 
 
 
 
 
Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng
 
Lydia is the favourite child of Marilyn and James Lee; a girl who inherited her mother's bright blue eyes and her father's jet-black hair. Her parents are determined that Lydia will fulfill the dreams they were unable to pursue - in Marilyn's case that her daughter become a doctor rather than a homemaker, in James's case that Lydia be popular at school, a girl with a busy social life and the centre of every party. But Lydia is under pressures that have nothing to do with growing up in 1970s small town Ohio. Her father is an American born of first-generation Chinese immigrants, and his ethnicity, and hers, make them conspicuous in any setting.


When Lydia's body is found in the local lake, James is consumed by guilt and sets out on a reckless path that may destroy his marriage. Marilyn, devastated and vengeful, is determined to make someone accountable, no matter what the cost. Lydia's older brother, Nathan, is convinced that local bad boy Jack is somehow involved. But it's the youngest in the family - Hannah - who observes far more than anyone realises and who may be the only one who knows what really happened.

Thoroughly enjoying this! Gripping!  Its a not able to put down read. I am going to be sad when I finish it. 
 
I am looking forward to ...
There is an overnight Temple Trip coming up at the end of the month for the women in our Church Ward.  I am hoping to go. I want my own room though, so will only go if I have my own room available. 
 
Dreaming of ... 
 
 
Turkey plates  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Glass acorns  . . . 


 
Harvest turkey's  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Pumpkin Tureens  . . . 


 
Measuring pumpkins . . . 
 
 
Makes me smile ... 
 
  
 
This old picture of my kids that my niece sent me a while back.  Anthony, Doug, Amanda and Eileen.  Bruce wasn't born yet. It was in London, Ontario.  Long time ago now. Anthony is in his mid 40's now, Eileen her early 40's, Amanda is turning 40 this year and Doug will be 38. they look pretty happy for the most part.  Poor Anthony and the haircuts I used to give him.  Duh . . .  I was never a stylist. 
 
Something to watch ... 
 
 
Unbelievable on Netflix. Gripping.  Unbelievable  . . .
 
 A thought to carry with you  ... 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Start writing no matter what.
The water doesn't flow until
the faucet is turned on.
~Louis L'Amour •。★★ 。* 。 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
 
The Willow Man, Somerset.  I remember the first time I saw this from the motor way . . .  A giant man made from willow, striding through the fields . . .  mesmerizing  . . . 
 
 
 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


6 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Love all the autumn goodies here today... Just love this time of year. Your baked potato plate with lots of veggies looks delicious! I love water! I'm a bit of a water nut... I try to drink 2 liters of water a day. Most of the time I manage it, but busy weekends I can fall short. Those amigurumi beaded mushrooms are sooo sweet! Hope you get to go on our Temple trip the end of the month--sounds fun! Happy Week, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I have been slow to visit these days. I am not sure what happens with my time but it evaporates. I am slowing down I guess. Love you lots also! (((((hugs)))))) to you, TJ and Luna! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the book and Netflix recommendations! I was sorry to finish Mindhunter..LOVED that second season..And I loved the very low key actors.Succession is the OPPOSITE gets fab reviews..and I am bored by all the shop talk ths season and the cruelty of the mean patriarch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do another season of it. We are still on season one. We haven't watched Succession yet. Perhaps we will give it a miss. I find if a show doesn't grab us within the first two episodes we can't be bothered! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such pretty glass acorns. And cute knitted things. Your children look very happy in that picture, Marie. It's nice that you have it. Fingers crossed that a single room will be available so you can go on the Temple trip. I'm off to look at your recipe. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I am really hoping that a single room will lbe available. I would like to go. Hope you have had a lovely day! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!