Friday 6 September 2019

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!  
 

 
 
Do you remember Breck girls?  Most of them were blonde if I recall.  All very pretty with beautiful hair. There was the odd brunette. Jaclyn Smith was one . . .  



 
Charlie's Angel's.  Didn't you want to be one? My mother had a Farah Fawcett wig. This was my favourite incarnation of them.  The original angels.  
 

 
  
 
 
Bake at 350.  Spooky S'mores Bars.  These look yummy! so cute! 
 
 
 
Did you want a toy ironing board when you were young?  It was so much fun to play at doing "grown-up" things!  
 
 
 
 
E-how.  How to make scented pine cones.  
 
 
  
 
Morning Chores.  How to wax fall leaves.  
 
 
 
Vintage Paint and More.  Lunch Bag Pumpkins.  
 
 
  
 
 
Waffle Weave Blanket, PDF download by Deja Jetmir.  
 
 

Alpine Nights, crochet toque. 



Stitch and Unwind.  Simple Scarf pattern.  


   


Recipe Tin Eats. Chinese crispy noodles with chicken.  Looks really yummy!   


 


 Thrifty Decor Chick.  How to safely build a fire pit.  


  


Tater Tots & Jello.  Simple autumn wreath using an embroidery hoop.
  



Ruffles and Rainboots.  Christmas Gnome ornaments.  



I couldn't find a source for these.  I wish I could.  Cute! 


  

Rhythms of Play.  Acorn Marble Necklaces. 




Printables Fairy.  Vampire Corner Bookmarks.  



Love Crafts Crochet. Row of Sheep Draft Dodger.  By Liz Wizard.



Craft Passion.  Sock Sheep.  


  

Smart School House.  16 Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Recipes. It will be here before you know it!  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you saw something of interest. 

Does anyone know how you can do comments on blogs with an iPad?  I write comments but then they disappear into the ether?  It says google account and I am logged into my google account.  It won't let me log into anything else? Very frustrating and I so want to leave comments!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Beauty is not in the face,
beauty is a light in the heart.
~Kahlil Gibran  •。★★ 。* 。 


 
London Particular 

There is a delicious soup brewing in The English Kitchen today. London Particular, named after the pea soup fogs of London town. 

Have a fabulous Friday!  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 






10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! LOVE all the autumnal and cozy goodness here today! Love the DIY firepit! Those little linen (?) dolls holding seed pods (?) sooo cute! And of course, that sheep draft dodger is absolutely adorable! Thanksgiving...I could used some new meal ideas! Not sure what's causing your the trouble with iPad/comments. I use my iPad often for comments, and it seems to work OK...it's like I'm automatically logged in. Has this been a problem you've had a long time? Hope it's just a temporary glitch. Hope you all have a great weekend ahead, my friend! And Todd has his birthday, yes??!! Please send him our happy birthday love and hugs! :))) LOTS of LOVE for you both--God Bless you! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why the iPad does it to me Tracy! Its been for a while now. I can comment using my laptop, but not that! Frustrating! I will pass on your wishes to Todd. He will be pleased. Happy weekend to you, TJ and Luna! God bless! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I know many have that problem..I prefer commenting from my laptop ..I often have to log in to leave comments ..lol too time consuming..I remember corn husk dolls I made ason jar lamps out of them:) Cute minis:) I thought that RT eats recipe looked FAB..Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made corn husk dolls eons ago as well Monique! I am not surprised we have done many of the same things. Two birds of a feather are we! Have a bon weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to check these Thanksgiving slow-cooker recipes. Bring on autumn!
    Yes, I certainly remember the Breck girls. And Charlies Angels. My favorite was Jaclyn Smith … class act, for sure.

    PS - Sorry for not getting by yesterday, but wanted to add (that) I've come to love pretty padded hangers. I've only a couple belonging to my grandmother - used only for 2 special articles of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Mevely! I am sure that your nan's hangers are heirlooms. Would love to see them! Thanksgiving will be upon us before we know it, especially for Canadians, second Sunday in October! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Dearest Friend, I have the same problem with my I-pad and it makes me upset that my comments disappear.
    I really enjoyed all your finds. I especially love looking at the crocheted items. I thought the sheep door draft ones were darling. Of course, I love sheep.
    The fall and winter decorations were adorable.
    I especially loved the toy ironing board and Iron. I remember having one. One of my favorite toys was a real bathinette. I had such fun bathing my dolls in it. This brought back a favorite memory.
    Blessings and hugs for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sheep too LeAnn! Your grandson singing is so talented! I watched it on facebook! I owul dhave loved a bathinette for my doll but mom would not let us put real water in it. Too much of a mess I guess! Love, hugs and blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm loving those waxed leaves. And the lunch bag pumpkins. Aren't we all a creative bunch? And those sheep draft dodgers? So cute. Hope you, Todd and Mitzie have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are Elaine! I could use a Draft Dodger for the back door. It gets really cold in the Winter, the wind just blows through! Love and hugs and happy weekend wishes to you and your husband also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!