Tuesday 3 September 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, September 3, 2019

Outside my window...
The sun is shining and its dry, but quite a bit cooler. I think they were calling for some early frost up in the North of Scotland last night. Autumn seems in a hurry to arrive. 
 
I am thinking ...
I did well on my Diabetic check up yesterday. Seems the retest on the bloods was only because in the first one the nurse forgot to ask for  a kidney function test.  All is well with my kidneys, blood sugars, etc.  I have even lost a bit of weight My cholesterol is up a bit however as is my blood pressure.  I need to do something about that. 
 
I am thankful for ...
Everything.  Busy living a life of gratitude.  It beats the alternative.  
 
In the Kitchen ...

Crispy Herbed Potato Rosettes 
 
Crispy Herbed Potato Rosettes.  Simpler than any other kind of fancy potato rosette.  Not at all unattractive and pretty tasty too! 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Hot Eats and Cool Reads.  Crunchy Poppyseed Chicken Salad.  This looks fabulously tasty!  
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
 
 
 
Loving this wonderful red white and blue pillow cover.  I could not find a source that I trusted.  


 
Free Crochet Tutorials.  How to crochet a basic hexagon.   


 
 
A Stitch at a Time. Crocheted and felted slippers.  
 
 
 
 
Dada's Place.  Daisy Square Granny Pillow.   
 

 
 
Lion Brand Yarn on Ravelry.  Pretty little clutch purse.

I am reading ...

 

Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng
 
Lydia is the favourite child of Marilyn and James Lee; a girl who inherited her mother's bright blue eyes and her father's jet-black hair. Her parents are determined that Lydia will fulfill the dreams they were unable to pursue - in Marilyn's case that her daughter become a doctor rather than a homemaker, in James's case that Lydia be popular at school, a girl with a busy social life and the centre of every party. But Lydia is under pressures that have nothing to do with growing up in 1970s small town Ohio. Her father is an American born of first-generation Chinese immigrants, and his ethnicity, and hers, make them conspicuous in any setting.


When Lydia's body is found in the local lake, James is consumed by guilt and sets out on a reckless path that may destroy his marriage. Marilyn, devastated and vengeful, is determined to make someone accountable, no matter what the cost. Lydia's older brother, Nathan, is convinced that local bad boy Jack is somehow involved. But it's the youngest in the family - Hannah - who observes far more than anyone realises and who may be the only one who knows what really happened.

Thoroughly enjoying this! Gripping!

I am looking forward to ...
My lesson on Sunday coming up. It is based on the talk from last conference by Sharon Eubank.  Christ, the light that shines in darkness.

Dreaming of ... 


Pretty Tea Pots  . . . 


  

Country roads  . . . 



Brown and White Teacups  . . . 


  

Oh to have a piano  . . . 



Well dressed bunnies  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Doug, Jake and mini-putt  . . .  it could have been so different.  Counting my blessings and grateful for a much beloved son's recovery. 

Something to watch ... 


Dragonwyck starring Vincent Price, Gene Tierney, Walter Huston.  We watched it yesterday on You Tube. (You can find a lot of old films on there.) No swearing. No sex. No nudity. Entertaining.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Never blame anyone in your life.
Good people give you happiness.
Bad people give you experience.
Unkind people give you a lesson,
and awesome people give
you memories•。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Plockton, often referred to as the prettiest village in  Scotland. Situated on the shores of Loch Carron.  You can learn more about it here


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

 

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. Glad your bloodwork had good results and congrats on losing some weight. I was looking at the list of the worst foods to eat before bed and I am very guilty of eating cheese and crackers in the evening. So maybe that is why I sometimes have trouble sleeping. I wonder what it is in cheese that causes sleeplessness? Fun picture of Doug and Jake. And oh my, those sweet rabbits all dressed in their Sunday best. So cute. Do you play the piano, Marie? We took lessons as children but it didn't really stick. Now, of course, I wish I could play. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to teach myself to play the piano when we lived at the manor as there was a piano in the cottage. Lost it when we moved back to Chester. I have always wanted to play! I could listen to piano music for hours. Look up Paul Cardall on YouTube. You will fall in love. His music is beautiful. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Good to catch up with you here! And GLAD to hear your diabetic check up went OK after the retest...Hope you'll be able to get your cholesterol and blood pressure more in check soon. VERY interesting the good/bad foods before bedtime. I know if I eat cheese and wine too soon before beds, I have bad dreams... not worth it! :/ That crochet daisy pillow is so pretty. I've not done any crochet again in a while. Those dressed up bunnies are sooo cute--her pom pom tie hat is sooo cute!! LOVE the theme for your lesson this coming weekend! NICE to see your Doug and Jake! Wishing you all there a beautiful start to September and the week, dear Sister-friend! LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy September to you and TJ also Tracy! I am so pleased to see Doug out and about and enjoying time with his family. I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks, but I hope that things are starting to get back to normal for them all now! Love and hugs to you also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good news all around..Perfectamundo..and Doug is looking good taking advantage of a beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does this mother's heart so much good to see Doug out and about Monique. I hope and pray things for him continue to go from strength to strength! xoxo

      Delete
  4. That picture of the village in Scotland is beautiful! Glad all checked out well with the doctor. Always a releif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam, it is for sure! Happy days! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!