Thursday 5 September 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.    
My sister's blog, Lost Lovelies Found. She finds the nicest things.  I wish we lived closer as There are things that I would quite happily purchase.  Like this cream and sugar set.  I collect cream and sugar sets.   
And this salt and pepper set.  I collect those too.  The fact that they are cute little cows is a bonus because I love cows!!   

Ribbon.  I love ribbon.  My ex boss had a whole drawer in her "Wrapping Dresser" just filled with beautiful ribbon.  I used to have to wrap gifts for her to take places, etc. I loved choosing the right ribbons for the right papers and tying bows, etc.  I adore ribbon. 
  
Old pyrex bowls.  I don't have any, but I used to once upon a time.  Casseroles too. Just old pyrex period.  

Vintage embroidered tea towels . . . 
  
Rainbows  . . .  I took this photo just a few minutes ago and it doesn't do it justice.  If you look closely you can just about see the second one just to the left of the one which is so clear . . .  


And it stretched all across the sky  . . .  when I was a little girl, I really believed that there was a Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow . . .  did you?  
Bobble trim  . . .  my mom used to have a curtain on her kitchen door that had bobble trim.  I coveted it  . . . 
  
Little House in the Big Woods  . . . what a marvelous childhood . . . simple things, simple joys, simple pleasures  . . . 

Our modern lives are far too complicated 
... 

Dishes with words on them  . . . 
  
Covered hangers  . . .  just one problem however . . .  how could you bear to cover it up with anything else? 
Needlepoint pillows  . . .  I once did a needlepoint fisherman in a sow-wester for my ex MIL.  I wonder if she still has it  . . . 
  
Old painted cupboards  . . . lined with wall paper.  I had an old china cabinet when I was married before. It was old oak, but inside I had painted it a different colour and lined the shelves with wall paper . . .  I put white ceramic knobs on it  . . . and edged the shelves with hand crocheted lace.  

  
Dish pantries  . . .  my ex boss had a dish pantry  . . .  


Old painted tins  . . . 
  
Old wooden drying racks  . . . 


I love these too  . . . 
  
Vintage flannel dressing gowns  . . .  or brushed cotton as they call it over here . . . 

This was one of my favourite books when I was a little girl.  I wanted a dog just like that  . . . 
  
Lambs in wooley caps . . . 


Scottie dogs in tartan dresses  . . .  

  
This   . . . just this  . . .  awww  . . . 


Building murals that tell stories  . . .  fascinating . . . 
And I best stop now as time is marching on.  These are just a few of my favourites.  What are some f yours?
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You can't stop the waves,
but you can learn to surf.
 •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

Pitcaithly Bannock
In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Pitcaithly Bannock.  A Scottish Shortbread biscuit flavoured with caraway and orange.

Have a wonderful Thursday and don't forget!
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. So many same faves!! Shipping is so $$$ no wonder free shipping huge companies get business..and free returns..Ahem NOT CROCS CANADA.
    There I said it.
    That needelpoint pillow is gorgeous!!
    Your sister has soooo many lovelies! Great taste she has! Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised, you would think Crocs is a large enough company they could afford free returns! I wear mine every day. Sandles I got last year when I had my toenail surgery! My sister and I have very similar tastes in many things. No surprise there! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So nice to see all your favorites. Lots to treasure there, but my favorite has to be that rainbow you got to see this morning. What a wonderful way to start off the day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, my mom had a piece of that same pattern as the cream and sugar but I can't recall what it was. And as LeTable de Nana says, your faves are my faves. I think a rainbow brings good luck. And how cute are those little lambs cozying up to Winter? I'm off to have lunch with my friend next door and it's a beautiful day here, nice and cool. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!