Sunday 29 September 2019

This and that . . .


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away; 
Lengthen night and shorten day; 
Every leaf speaks bliss to me 
Fluttering from the autumn tree. 
I shall smile when wreaths of snow 
Blossom where the rose should grow; 
I shall sing when night’s decay 
Ushers in a drearier day. 
~Emily Bronte, Fall, Leaves, Fall


I love the fitful gust that shakes
The casement all the day
And from the mossy elm tree takes
The faded leaf away
Twirling it by the window-pane
With thousand others down the lane

I l♥ve to see the shaking twig  
Dance till the shut of eve
The sparrow on the cottage rig  
Whose chirp would make believe
That spring was just now flirting by
In summers lap with flowers to lie
~John Clare, Autumn




In the other gardens
And all up in the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over,
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes, 
The grey smoke towers. 

Sing a song of seasons
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer, 
Fires in the fall! 
~Robert Louis Stevenson, Autumn fires 


Oh I do so love the autumn when all is gathered in and we can snuggle by the fire and toast our toes, reading good books, sipping hot apple cider stirred with cinnamon sticks, listening to good music.  The wind may howl outside the door, the rain may beat upon the windows, but we are hunkered down while pies bake and firelight glows.  Oh yes, I do love the autumn.


Victoria Sandwich Cake 

I baked a weekend cake for Todd yesterday. Just a simple Victoria Sponge Cake.  Two buttery layers filled with strawberry jam this time. I'm getting ready to make a bunny . . . just because. It will bring me joy making her clothes and filling her suitcase . . .   



And I painted a little girl. I took ages getting the eyes just right and even now I'm not quite sure I have gotten it so  . . .  doing a bit of what you love to do, does the soul a lot of good.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 






8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. I love the autumn, too. October is my favourite month. I plan on doing a little fall decorating. Nothing too ambitious but I do want to hang the fall wreath on the door and choose a few things for a little vignette. But first, I'm off to make cornbread to have with our bacon and eggs this morning. Love your little girl. She looks rather pensive to me. Enjoy your Sunday. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more autumn decorations than I have Elaine. Perhaps one day I will, maybe I should make some! Oh, cornbread with bacon and eggs, I would love to be a guest at your breakfast table this morning, well any morning really! Yes, my little girl does look a bit pensive I think! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! I think I will do two more with different hair styles, eyes, etc. They would be cute framed as a trio. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Crafting and being artistic is great therapy too...be sure to let us see it when done!!
    Sending hugs and empathy,
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Oh, how I love all things Autumn!! The pictures were perfect, so were the poems...loved them!! I love the little girl painting, she looks just perfect! It always does my heart good to do the things that I love. I pray that you are doing better, it's so hard to have sadness and heartbreak. That said, remember, you are your mother's daughter, and you can do hard things...love you, Marie!! Wish I could be there to give you a big hug.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barb, I CAN do hard things. I wish I could give and get a hug from you also. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!