Friday 15 March 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 




Love these sunny crochet coasters from Cute Alley on Etsy. Not free, but not expensive either.




So cute, but could not find a source.





How to make felt succulents.  From the people at BHG.




Laptop Sleeve sewing pattern.  From the Polka Dot Chair.




Earl Grey Panna Cotta Tarts.  From Kitchen Heals Soul.




No source.  Just eye candy.  It looks simple enough. I love things like this. What a cute Easter Brooche this would make or decoration for an Easter Tree.




 I love this stitch.  Not so much the colours, but that is an easy fix.  From Craftsy.




The House that Lars Built.  How to make a paper bag notebook.  




 From Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth.  Beatrix Potter Inspired crafts.  I love this! 



Free pattern for a Sock Elephant.  Did you know I love Elephants?  From Craft Passion.






 From Attic 24 Granny Stitch Afghan. I love it!



 Reality Daydream.  Playing Card Holders.  I contend that this is not just for kids. I would love one of these for myself.




Eighteen Twenty Five.  Spring Doily Banner.




Free Printable Spring Art for the home.  From Landeelu.




Stay at home Spa Day.  Cathy Filian. Make your own Body Scrubs, Lip Balms and soap!



A Granny Motif market bag. Loving the colours. From Lion Brand. A free pattern.



9 Easy ways to get more counterspace.  I can use all the help I can get in this area. From That Vintage Life.



Red Ted Art.  A simple Easter Chick paper decoration.  This is so cute!





Mini Charm Square Patchwork Placemats.  From Sew 4 Home.





I just love these Chicken Pot Holders.  Love the colours and the fabrics and the way their combs are 3D.  From Sew Inspired. No pattern, just eye candy.


And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something of interest her!!


What a busy day yesterday. Left to go up country about 9 a.m.  Got there about an hour later as there were some roadworks. Dropped all of our stuff at Value Village. Went in to buy dad some books.  I was a bit astonished by some of their prices. $15 for an old pair of dirty sneakers?  Crazy.  Then we went to the Pet Store, Giant Tiger and finally back to the Running Man for a few Costco goodies. They didn't have the sprouted oats Cindy wanted and so we went down to the Cambridge Convenience store that did. Then we went to Jonny's for lunch. By then it was gone 1:30.  I got home here about 3:30 and still had my work to do for the day.

I talked to my son Anthony briefly. Gabriel never got my Birthday Card that I had sent to him. It had money in it, so then I transferred some money over to make up for it. I can do nothing about the card. I had mailed his card the same day that I mailed my brother's to Ottawa and my brother got his on the 4th of March.  I think its fair to say that Gabe's got lost, or stolen. Who knows.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day!

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.When we strive to become better 
than we are, everything around
us becomes better too!° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Paulo Coelho ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
 ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Vintage Butterscotch Cake.  A recipe from a 1941 cookbook. It has a  marshmallow topping which intrigued me!



I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with lots of love, peace and happiness.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



5 comments:

  1. Don't give up on the card arriving, daughter out west mailed my card and daughters card the same day, she got hers at the beginning of last week, I didn't get mine till yesterday, almost 8 days difference. Value Village is so expensive now, I only go to thrift stores that are non profit. VV is all for profit now. We have 2 non profit ones, one by the Christian schools in the area and one Bibles for Missions. In both stores the money goes to a good cause. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. We had heavy rain overnight, and it is cloudy this morning. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your money was lost from the card to grandson...so understand!! Be sure to send a check so at least the bank can get your money back to you...or of course, just transfer funds...not the same...BUT!! I just sent yesterday a PO large envelope with cards and a check for my daughter and her kids for a birthday...but so far the tracking shows NOTHING...so not sure what is going on there. The USUAL lady was not there to take it...one wonders...
    HUGS, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. the link for the granny stitch afghan is not working, Marie...
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't want to ruin your fun re value Village..Prices are so high..and there is a lot of controversy re. the proceeds..Its a business..Not like our Nova venues here where everything goes to charity and prices are fair.A nice full day:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!