Tuesday 26 March 2024

A Day Book . . .

 


FOR TODAY, March 26th, 2024


Outside my window ...

It's still dark but the sun will soon be rising. All's fairly quiet. I can hear the cat fountain percolating, the heat pump shooting out warm air, the odd car driving down the road towards the main highway.  The cats are playing. Its just a normal day here at my little Home Sweet Home.


 


I am thinking ...

This last week prior to Easter Sunday, commonly known as Passion Week, I am thinking very much about The Savior. One of the very best talks/discourses I have ever read or listened to about this week's occurrences is one by Jeffrey R Holland, entitled "None were with Him."


"One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so."

I am ever grateful to the Savior. I have felt His presence in my life always, and never more so than I have over these past few years.  He truly has not left me comfortless. 


In the kitchen ...



Traditional Scottish Clapshot.  A really delicious holiday side dish composed of simple ingredients that can be made ahead of time and then just reheated when you want to eat.  



On my "to cook" list ...




Potato, Onion & Leek Gratin from a page called Oh My Veggies.  This looks really tasty. Love my potatoes.


Good to Know ...

 


This kind of thing always comes in handy. I remember my mother having a nail care kit.


I am creating ...

More like things I would love to create . . . 


 


A dollhouse in a small suitcase  . . . 


 

Anything in a matchbox  . . . 


 


A very tiny pin cushion  .  . .


 

A unique sewing kit  . . . 


 

Cute Cat Pillows  . . . 

Oh My Goodness ...





This meatloaf from Cooktop Cove looks fabulous and I am not even a fan of meatloaf!


I am reading ...



A Year of Living Kindly, by Donna Cameron

Being kind is something most of us do when it’s easy and when it suits us. Being kind when we don’t feel like it, or when all of our buttons are being pushed, is hard. But that’s also when it’s most needed; that’s when it can defuse anger and even violence, when it can restore civility in our personal and virtual interactions. Kindness has the power to profoundly change our relationships with other people and with ourselves. It can, in fact, change the world. 


 In A Year of Living Kindly―using stories, observation, humor, and summaries of expert research―Donna Cameron shares her experience committing to 365 days of practicing kindness. She presents compelling research into the myriad benefits of kindness, including health, wealth, longevity, improved relationships, and personal and business success. She explores what a kind life entails, and what gets in the way of it. And she provides practical and experiential suggestions for how each of us can strengthen our kindness muscle so choosing a life of kindness becomes ever easier and more natural. 

An inspiring, practical guide that can help any reader make a commitment to kindness, A Year of Living Kindly shines a light on how we can create a better, safer, and more just world―and how you can be part of that transformation.


Looking Forward To ...

Getting my taxes done and over with.  I spent some time sorting through my papers/receipts, etc. yesterday.  I hate tax time. It is so complicated. I have a man who does mine for me. In the U.K. you did not have to file a tax return every year. Taxes were automatically taken off at your source of income. It was so simple.

Things I love ...

 

Window seats and lace curtains  . . . 


 

Spring blooms  . . .  not quite yet  . . . 


 

A comfy bed  . . . 

 


Beautiful blues  . . . 


 


Fresh Bread  . . . 


Things I know to be True ... 




The world is forgetting how to be kind.  We all need to practice kindness whenever and wherever we can. Kindness begins with "me."

Something to watch ...




The Way We Were.  An old classic. Sad and wonderful all at the same time.


Makes me smile ...




Finally!  Someone is using one of the cat sofa's I bought!


A Thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere
without moving anything but your heart.
~Phyllis Theroux  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


2 comments:

  1. Normal is good. Gorgeous red sky at sunrise this morning, strong possibility of rain over night. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom always said Red sky at morning, Sailor's take warning. They are pretty to see however. It is a bit warmer here today at 3* but it is raining. Happy day! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!