Thursday 21 March 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 


Robin's eggs, and Robin's Egg Blue (the color.)  Even as a child I knew not to touch them.


 


Old marmalade jars. I have one.  It is a treasure to me.


 

Fresh Biscuits. Is there anything nicer, warm from the oven, split and spread with lashings of butter.  I think not!


 


Spring Tulips.  So pretty. They had bunches of tulips in the shops the other day. They were pretty weird colors though. Green?  Not at all natural I don't think.


 


Bouquets of wild flowers  . . . 


 

Pretty plates  . . . 


 

This  . . .  so true  . . . 


 


I used to love riding my bicycle.  Its been many, many years since  . . . 


 

Bunnies and Hares  . . . 


 

Stone cottages  . . . cozy . . .


 


Easter  . . .  not long now  . . . 


 

Canopy beds  . . .  as a girl I would have loved to have one and feel like a princess.  As an adult, not so much any more  . . .  but they are pretty to look at.


 


Ahh  . . .  to be so comfy  . . . 


 


Cream Filled Doughnuts  . . .  sigh . . .


 

Bread and pastries  . . .  sigh, a real weakness of mine.


 


A comfy chair to curl up in  . . . 


 


Just a hen and her chicks  . . . 


 


Herb flavored salts  . . . 


 


Sail boats  . . . 


 


Getting stuck into a good book  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope that some of them were some of yours.


I ended up not going out to supper with my dad and Hazel last night. My knee was hurting too badly.  This morning I am going with my sister to help give my dad a bath, although I am not sure how much help I will be. I also have a package to pop into the post. I would have taken it yesterday but I couldn't face being out and about with my knee feeling the way it was.  Today I will have  my sister to help me, so it will be better. Oh, how I hate having to be so dependent on others.  Hopefully this will not last.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*A friend is someone who knows
the song in your heart, and
who can sing it back to you
when you have forgotten the words.
~C. S. Lewis° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Bread Machine Honey Wheat Oat Bread.  I used the bread machine for the hard bits this time and then baked it conventionally with excellent results. This is a very nice loaf.


I hope that you have a lovely day. It is very wet here with showers and not so warm.  The damp makes it feel colder.  Whatever you get up to, be safe, stay warm and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   


10 comments:

  1. Just to mention that I have had miraculous relief for knee pain with the prescription pill, diclofenac (brand name Voltaren). It works on inflammation. There is a topical gel form of Voltaren that is over-the-counter (in the US - not sure about Canada) I don't have any experience with the OTC product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get the topical gel and have been using that. Thanks Marceline. I am going to try to get in to see a Doctor. This pain is excruciating. xoxo

      Delete
  2. We had a corner store when we lived in England, and we had a baker that delivered the best cream splits I have ever eaten. How I miss those. Hope your knee starts to fell better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love cream splits. I miss those also! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Don't know if you have Bio Freeze in Canada, course there other OTS meds out there claiming to help!. My more always had on hand. My husband has had shots over the years in both knees, which last for a short time. (Crazy as I don't know the real name, but some have called them the 'chicken shots.') He had one total knee replacement at my urging and wish he never had it done. So, both knees are still his major crippling focus. Good luck in whatever you do. GA Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cortisone shots, neighbour get them, work for a sort while, but stay in your body, she is now down for knee surgery and dr told here won't be for 6 months till cortisone shots are out of the system I had knee replacement surgery and think it is the best thing that I have had done, amazing how people are different

      Delete
    2. The "chicken shots" are different than cortisone shots. It is hyaluronic acid derived from roosters' combs. Provides "viscous supplementation" for arthritic joints. My husband has a very bad knee and gets cortisone shots and has tried the "chicken shot" also. Unfortunately his issue does not respond to Voltaren pills as mine does (my earlier comment) Sorry to drone on and on LOL

      Delete
    3. I have had cortizone shots in both of my knees, my hands, shoulders and my thumbs. They do help. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry your knee is bothering you. That's rough. Those pastries look so good, my weakness too, although I rarely have them. A good book and a comfy chair go together, don't they? You get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!