Thursday 28 March 2024

My Favorite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share!  






Vera Mouse by Marjolein Bastin.  I just adore the art of Marjolein anyways, but Vera Mouse is my favourite.  I need to get myself some of her notecards. They are a wonderful way to let someone know you are thinking of them in a special way!



 



Old clay jugs.  My mother used to have a Ginger beer bottle made of clay. My Uncle Harold had a whole bottle room in his house.  He collected bottles or years and years.  There is something about old clay bottles and jugs that is very unique and pretty.  








Roasted Cashew Nuts.  They are my favourite roasted nut followed by Pistachio nuts.  My parents used to get a tin of mixed nuts every Christmas and the Cashews in them were everyone's favourites. They used to disappear first. I think my mom used to fish them all out when we were not looking! 







Chocolate Coated Almonds. Especially the ones my children used to sell through the fund raisers at school.  Oh I simply adored them. I think I was always their best customer.  I do love them still, but for some reason they don't taste the same as they did back then.






Wire Crowns. To me, much more beautiful than a bejeweled crown. There is an air of mystery about them. 






Oh how I love Kites!  I have always wanted to fly one.  You need wide open spaces to do that, and wind, and energy. I could watch them for hours.   






Hot Air Balloons.  I have not seen one in a long time now. When I lived in Kent, most sunny days at the weekend brought hot air balloons floating over our house and the Orchards surrounding where we lived.  I could watch them forever as well.  They seem to be so mystical.  I have never been up in a Hot Air Balloon, but I have always wanted to go on a Hot Air Balloon ride.  Maybe one day.  They are very expensive. Maybe if I win the lottery. 







Carousels/Merry-go-rounds.  I love them.  They are so whimsical and seem to be so safe.  Love the music that plays, etc.  I do get sick on them, however, so I have not been on one very often.  When my oldest son turned 3 I made him a Carousel Birthday Cake.  I was up all night decorating it. It was so much fun and I think he really liked it.  I never made another one because it was a lot of work. I'm not really good at cake decorating. You might think I would be because I can draw, but it takes a different kind of skill to be able to draw with an icing bag. 







Aprons. Any kind, but especially vintage. When I have one on I feel just like June Cleaver or Aunt Bea.

 




Red geraniums.  I love them.  I could fill my garden with tubs of red geraniums, and window boxes too.  They just make me smile. 







Holly Hocks.  They are a cottage garden flower.  When I lived in Suffield Alberta, the whole side of our house was planted with pink holly hocks. They were so beautiful. 







Cows in the fields . . . the sound of cow bells . . .  the sound of their moo's.  The first house I lived in when I moved to the U.K. backed onto a farmer's fields and they were filled with cows. Occasionally they would get out and we would end up with them at our back gate which wasn't so much fun, but for the most part we really enjoyed them.  Cows are very gentle animals.  






Granny Square Afghans.  They are my favourite out of all the afghans.   Amanda of Eightbysix makes the most beautiful afghans in the loveliest colors.   







 Window shelves and cornices.  I love them.  They are so wholesome looking . . . 



  




Evening in Paris . . .  it seemed to be so sophisticated  . . . at the time.









Nivea Cream.  The smell. The feel. I love everything about it.







Tomatoes.   I adore tomatoes.  Especially in season. My sister grows the nicest cherry tomatoes.







The voice of Sam Elliot. It makes me want to melt.  He just has this amazing voice. 






Jane Austin anything . . .  love it all. 






Cinnamon . . .  anything  . . . love, love, love  . . . 



And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
There is no better test of a man's
integrity than his behavior when
he is wrong. 
~Marvin Williams •。★★ 。* 。




IN The English Kitchen today  . . .  Seared Cube Steak.  A really economical way to enjoy a tasty steak supper.      The cost of Beef is astronomical at the moment. Every little helps.


Cindy and I are off out and about this morning to pick up a few Easter bits.  Yesterday she came over and helped me clean the fridge and my deep freeze.  She is such a help to me. I do not know what I would do without her.  We both went out to supper with Dad and Hazel last night as well. The Ibuprofen is really helping with my knee.  I am still going to call this morning to make an appointment.  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Your favourites are my favourites, Marie. Here are some more - skipping double dutch, paper dolls, pink candy floss, Enid Blyton Adventure books, antique markets, farmers markets to name just a few. Hope you were able to arrange an appointment. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie! Evening in Paris is still available here in the states. It's offered in a catalogue of hard-to-find items. It's priced at $59.95. I remember when it was found at the dime store, and it was very inexpensive back then. Glad your knee is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Marjolein Bastin, have lots of her bird items. Good that the pills are helping your knee, wonder how it knows which pain to target? The sun is out today, looks like a lovely few days ahead. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Your favorites always seem to be my favs also. Have a happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!