Thursday 30 June 2022

My favorite things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   


 


Crisp bacon  . . .  mmmm . . .  


 

Homemade Oatmeal Bread . . . its the best. 


 

Wooden clothespins  . . .  above all others  . . . 


 

Foxgloves  . . .  one of my favorite of the cottage flowers. Can't you just see little foxes slipping their paws into those sweet gloves  . . . 



 

Succulents  . . .  I love them, especially Hens & Chicks . . . 

 

Bluebirds . . .  but I've never seen one in person   . . . 


 


Plate rails  . . .  our house we built in New Brunswick had them  . . . oh but I had a beautiful kitchen . . .


 


Blue and white dishes  . . . 

 

Bleeding hearts  . . . 

 


Pearly Buttons  . . . 

 


Blueberry Muffins  . . . . 

 

Queen Anne's Lace . . . 

 

Fresh garden vegetables  . . . 


 


Kitchen tools and old marmalade jars  . . . 


 


Petticoats and boots  . . . 

But most of all  . . .  spending time with family.  I am really enjoying my brother's visit. Yesterday I went to my sister's for supper. We had oven fried chicken, mac and cheese, roasted brussels sprouts, my butter swim biscuits and my brother had bought an ice cream cake for dessert.

Today I am taking a drive up to Halifax with my brother to take my niece to her friends who she will be staying with until next week. My sister has to work.  It will be nice to keep my brother company on the drive. Time spent with family is the best thing of all. 


Mister McGregor turned 90 yesterday. He had visitors in and out all day and there were lots of pretty balloons on his veranda and bushes.  I think he had a good day. I could hear him talking on the phone as well and it rang a lot. 90 is a great milestone. I wonder will my dad make it to 90. He is 88 now. I sure hope so!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Home isn't where you're from,
it where you find light
when all grows dark.
~Pierce Brown•。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Butter Swim Biscuits. Oh my goodness.  These are the best! A new favorite thing!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!  Stay safe and happy!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to have your brother and niece visiting. Safe travels to New Brunswick. Enjoy the drive. Is it a nice day? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely drive Elaine and the sun shone the whole way! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day with your brother, safe driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda! All was well! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I bet he will make 90 and more..All of you keeping his life full..Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Monique! We love him so much! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!