Tuesday 18 June 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, June 18th, 2019

Outside my window ...
So far it is dry today.  How will it end up??  I am not sure. It could go either way! This could be the rainiest beginning to summer that we have had in a long time! 
 
I am thinking ...
Glad to have my eye test over (the diabetic one) for another six months. Yesterday was the first time I had been into town since last year.  I didn't take my handbag. Instead I gave everything to Todd to carry, stuffed my phone into my bra and I took my cane.  I was the most comfortable that I had been in years. I reckon carrying a handbag hampers me and causes me pain. I found myself thinking I need to do this more often. It was a bit worse on my way back to the bus station because by then I had had the drops in my eyes and the bright light was hurting them. I couldn't keep them open. I could never have done it without Todd.

I am thankful for ...
The NHS. I know we complain about it a lot, but it is still better than what most people in the world have to rely on!! 
 
One of my favourite things ...  


 
I know we shouldn't have, but we were both starving when we came out of Boots after the eye test.  Fish and Chips!  Hadn't had it proper since ages ago.  A once in a bluemoon treat!  Oh, it was so, so, so good! 
 
In the kitchen ... 
 
Pork Chops & Sauerkraut 
 
Pork Chops & Sauerkraut. We had this last Thursday for our supper and then had the leftovers on Friday. It was sooooo good!  
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Spoon, Fork, Bacon  . . . Capellini with Garlic, Lemon & Bacon. I adore pasta. 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
Refresh Living. Up-cycled food jars. 
 
 
 
Melly Sews. How to make Scrunchies.  
 
 
 
Resin Crafts Blog. How to use old dvd's and resin to make a very attractive mosaic tray.  
 
 
 
Things Make Share.  Macrame Keychains.  
 
 
 
U Create Crafts. Make your own mini fooseball table for the kids from a box, some doweling and wooden clothespins.  How very inventive!  Wouldn't kids love this! It would keep them busy for hours.

I am reading ... 

 
 
Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens
For years, rumors of the "Marsh Girl" have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl.


But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life - until the unthinkable happens. Perfect for fans of Barbara Kingsolver and Celeste Ng,


Where the Crawdads Sing is at once an exquisite ode to the natural world, a heartbreaking coming-of-age story, and a surprising tale of possible murder. Owens reminds us that we are forever shaped by the children we once were, and that we are all subject to the beautiful and violent secrets that nature keeps.

This came highly recommended.  Enjoying it very much. Thanks Monique! 
 
I am looking forward to ...
Watching the Gilmore Girls all over again. We just started it for the eighth time again last night! Are we crazy or what? 
 
Dreaming About ... 
 
 
Having a house to call my own  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Having chickens  . . . . 



 
Record players  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Having my own lemon tree  . . . 


 
Haute couture and the body to wear it  . . . 
 
 
Makes me smile ... 
 
  
 
Just hitchin a ride  . . .  that bear cub looks so relaxed . . . 


Something to watch ... 
 
 
Killing Eve. Season Two.  Loving it. 
 
 
A thought to carry with you ... 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Fall in love with the world around you,
with the sound of birds, with thunderstorms,
with the little flowers that grow against
all  odds in random places  . . . •。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
Wistman's Woods, Dartmoor  . . .  now that's a whimsical, whimsical place  . . . 
 
 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 


6 comments:

  1. I am happy that your trip to town went well and that you didn't have too much to carry. I have just been carrying my cell phone with cards in it lately and I love just putting it in my levi pocket.
    I'm glad your test is over.
    I just had fish and chips the other day for the first time in years and it was so delicious.
    I always enjoy looking through your craft ideas. I wish i was a bit more creative or had time to be.
    I have a book club I attend once in a while and they had this book to read. I didn't get to read it; but maybe I will now.
    I always love what you are dreaming about. The ones today were fun.
    the bear photo is the cutest.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hugs right back to you LeAnn! Its always a real treat to have fisn and chips! Everyone in my family is the same. It is our dinner out of choice! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad your eye test went OK, Marie... and the getting there! Would a light rucksack to carry on your back help, you think, instead of a handbag that throws the body and back out of alignment... Just a thought! But Todd takes care of things, so that's all good. ;) Lovely with the treat of fish & chips. FUN ideas here otday... LOVE the idea for the upcycled jars! Hope you all have a good and blessed week there! :) LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I will look into the backpack idea! Love and hugs to you, TJ and lil Luna! Love you loads as well! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm seriously in love with those upcycled glass jars!
    Dear one, I don't mean to frighten you unnecessarily … but please reconsider carrying your cell phone in your bra. In just the last few years I've seen out on FB where (for instance): "With respect to cancer, concern focuses on whether cell phones carried next to one's breast tissue might increase the risk of tumors."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's scary and good to know Mevely! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!