Thursday 27 June 2019

My Favourite things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     


Vanilla Ice Cream in sugar cones  . . .  love, love, love  . . . 



My geraniums.  Love, love, love . . . the one in the middle is white, flanked by two reds. Love also the way the birds shine and glow in the morning light. 




We had such a lovely time yesterday. Tina and Tony are such wonderful friends.  We put the world to rights whenever we are together!   



White on white  . . .  my favourite combination  . . . 


  

One of my favourite all time songs . . . could listen to it forever.  I recently heard it sung in mi-kmaq. You can hear it here.  Its a beautiful rendition.  The language of some of my ancestors. I have been trying to learn some of it online. It is a beautiful language actually.  I know  . . .  I'm wierd. 



The fact that I know that God hears my prayers . . .  even if I can't voice them out loud. He knows the wishes and desires of my heart.  The hardest part is being patient while waiting for answers.  We humans are not very patient creatures . . . 


  

Hearts  . . .  hearts . . .  hearts  . . . 


I love lupins  . . .  in PEI, Canada at this time of year the grass verges at the sides of the roads are full of wild lupins . . .  so beautiful until they mow them down.   Over here, it's red poppies  . . . 


  

Being a mum  . . .  


Card games . . .  although I need to be retaught the rules every time I play. I don't know why I am incapable of remembering them.  Wierd that. 

  

Perfectly happy with my own company. I wouldn't call  myself a loner because I also enjoy the company of others, but it is very much on my own terms and when I choose to do so . . . I really don't mind being on my own  . . . 


   

Puttering about the house  . . . quite content to pass my days in this way  . . . 



Puffins  . . .  I think they are the cutest birds  . . . 


  

Shetland  . . .  its on my bucket list, along with Iceland . . .  but not in the winter. In Shetland in the summer, they only have a couple of hours of darkness a day, but in the winter they only have a few hours of light. . . .


Cups with coats  . . . .  you are free to cuddle them  . . .  without burning your fingers. 


Knowing that this is true  . . .  mom always said God never shuts a door but what He opens a window  . . . 


  

And those are some of my favourite things for this week.
What are some of yours???
💗💗💗 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I shall live here forever, he thought.
I shall put up little shelves and
dig a sleeping hole in the sand,
and have a lamp burning in the
evenings. And perhaps I'll make a
rope ladder, so that I can go up to
the roof and look at the sea.
~Moomins, Tove Jansson•。★★ 。* 。 



Swedish Visiting Cake 

In the kitchen today . . .  Swedish Visiting Cake  . . .  delicious!


Have a beautiful day!  Love and be loved and don't forget!
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


 




8 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks lovely! It is nice to have friends to share good food with.I oo am very content in my own company.
    Love that song too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful Monique. I think food shared with friends just tastes better! xoxo

      Delete
  2. One of the ladies at Bible study recently gifted everyone with cups in coats. Such a novel idea! I love that prayer image/meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mevely! Cups in Coats as Martha would say, "Its a good thing!" xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lucky Tina and Tony - your picnic lunch looks delicious. I love puffins, too, ever since I read Enid Blyton's book "The Sea of Adventure" when I was a child. I loved her adventure series and recently found the last one, "The Circus of Adventure" to complete my set of all eight. I've enjoyed rereading them. Canada Day is almost here. Being a Canadian girl, I bet you and Todd celebrate it. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would so love to reread the original Enid Blyton's books as well Elaine. They have redone them for today's kids and they are not the same. I devoured her stories as a child. They brought such a magical world of adventure to my mind with lashings of gingerbeer, cherry cakes and oodles of portable picnics. What fun they were! It all sounded very exotic to me! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. It was the picnics that I enjoyed reading about, too. There was always "potted meat" which sounded very ,ysterious, lol. I think the original books were sometimes a little politically incorrect. Remember Kiki, the parrot? Those books were my first introduction to England. And I'm still fascinated by anything English. Hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, in all actuality Potted Meat is gross, lol, but it did sound exotic and mysterious to me as well. They probably would have been considered politically incorrect to a degree today, but they were wonderful I thought My first introduction to England also Elaine! We have much in common! ♥

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!