Monday 24 June 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
 
 photo 2948270040084443975LmMWah_ph.jpg 
 
The roses which are blooming profusely in my garden at the moment.  They're so beautiful.   We have a lot of different kinds.  I don't know their names . . . just that I love them and they are gorgeous.   How can anyone look at all of the intricacies and beautify of any bloom and not see God?

I see God everywhere . . . 
 
 
 
Wildflowers.  Todd planted an area of wild flowers in our garden a few years back. I can't tell you what one of them is, but I can tell you that there is borage, clover and buttercups. The bees and butterflies love them all.  
 
 
 photo SAM_6408_zps66608b93.jpg 
 
I ended up not going to church yesterday as we had a very poorly doggie.  I nursed her all day and she was feeling more like herself by last night.  She is 9 now, which is getting elderly in doggie years.  I dread to think about what next . . .  She is our baby. Our only baby which we have brought up together. I know some people would pooh pooh that because she is a dog, but she is everything to us and we love her dearly.  She had eaten a lot of grass.  When I see her doing it I highly discourage it, but Todd thinks that dogs do that for medicine.  I think dogs do that because they are bored.  And I don't think it is good for them. So there!  I am not going to let her over onto the grassed area any more unsupervised. 


 

Dreams coming true. I have my blooming geraniums on the windowsil. I think the centre ones will be white, but I am not bothered, I have red on either end!  Yay! Don't you just love those glass birds. They make such a pretty show in the window.  I am still on a look out for a star to honor my mum.




Its completely done, but what to do with it now.  There is the Mad Hatter's Hat, the 3D toadstool with a Drink Me Bottle and silver plated spoon on top, che Cheshire cat in the air on the 3D branch, at the base of the toadstool a clock an house of cards, the dress of course (curiouser and curiouser) with the silver key in it's pocket and the tiny black mary jane shoes and a small porcelain teapot.  The practical side of me wants to sell it, which was my whole purpose in making it to begin with, but the sentimental side of me wants to keep it because I am so pleased with how it turned out.  Which side of me will win  . . . . 




Working with my hands again.  I have three bodies done. Two others and this one. I need to do the head for this one and I want to fill the ruck sac with stuff pertaining to bees.  When done this I will sell. Pennella Bee.  The little girl who loved bees. 



The Voice Kids, uk, 2019. I love this show. The children are amazing and so are the judges.  I love how they validate each child and their performances, even if they didn't turn for them. They can't turn for all of them because each judge only has so many spots to fill and there are a lot of kids auditioning.  In the Adult version of the show if no judge has turned the contestant has to leave the stage and the judges never do talk to them. In the children's version, the judges all turn at the end and do speak with them and give them plenty of positive feedback and encouragement.  I think this is a wonderful thing.  Those children are so brave to even get up there.  It is difficult I would imagine as an adult to do that, but as a child, I can't imagine the courage it takes. Love, LOVE this show.  It is so positive.  Love Will I Am, Danny and Pixie too. They are really nice people.  Jessie J seems nice also, but this is her first year doing it and I am not sure about her.  I don't really know her.  I don't really know the others either truth be told, but I feel like I do if that makes sense.  



I haven't been able to talk to our Eileen pretty much for about a week now. Her Wifi won't work on her tablet in Tim Hortons. Her dad let her borrow his phone for a few minutes on Saturday so I did get to talk to her for about five minutes then which was nice of him. I think she is  going to get a new tablet. We will see.  I have really missed our conversations, and I know she has too. That is a special blessing, this older daughter of mine . . .  I truly appreciate that she loves and wants to spend this time with me. It means the world to me.  I am really looking forward to seeing her and Anthony in the autumn. 

 photo SAM_6393_zpsfcb2ee4a.jpg 

I know many gardeners hate these, and I feel for them . . .  but to me I see a thousand wishes when I see these. Oh to be a child and believe in the magic of wishes . . . 

 photo tumblr_m5nhpwJ1u81qmqz9ho1_500_zps96955d93.jpg  

"Youth can not know how age thinks and feels.
But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young."
~JK Rowling, Harry Potter, The Order of the Phoenix


I am grateful for my "young" heart which enables me to be silly sometimes and laugh at myself in a multitude of ways.  Oh, I know . . . that first look in the mirror in the morning is a real kicker some days, but I still feel inside as I did years and years ago.   


  

Pancakes . . .  this is what we had for supper yesterday . . .  with some streaky bacon (naughty), sliced peaches and maple syrup.  Sunday night pancake suppers  . . .  they're the best! 

And those are my small and wonderfuls for this week!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Smile! It may never happen,
and if it does, well . . . 
we'll deal with it then!  •。★★ 。* 。  

I know I am a bit of an Ostriche at times, sticking my head in the sand. 


Spinach, Onion & Feta Oven Omelettes 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Oven Baked Spinach, Onion & Feta Omelettes.  Tasty and built for just two. 

Have a wonderful day and a week filled with promise and an abundance of small and wonderful pleasures.  Don't forget along the way!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 





 

10 comments:

  1. Image result for why do dogs eat grass
    And grass-eating doesn't usually lead to throwing up -- less than 25% of dogs that eat grass vomit regularly after grazing. Other suggested reasons why your dog might be eating grass include improving digestion, treating intestinal worms, or fulfilling some unmet nutritional need, including the need for fiber.May 12, 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has regular worming medicine (Once a month) and I think really she is bored. She has a mix of dry and wet, quality food twice a day. I also give her raw carrots to munch on. I really think the problem is boredom. We were probably really selfish getting a puppy at our ages and with no children. She would have probably had a better life with a house full of children. :-( xoxo

      Delete
  2. How fun the blooms on your windowsill..they look charming! I am so tempted to make more dolls since following VH on IG too..your shadow box is adorbs Marie..Glad Mitzi is a bit better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, sure hope Mitzie is feeling better today. Google "why dogs eat grass" for some interesting information. Our pets are definitely family members and we love them unconditionally. You used the term "simple abundance" and I'm wondering if you have read Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance"? If not, I'm sure you would really enjoy it. I think perhaps you should keep your Alice diorama and make another one to sell. Your pancakes sure looked delicious. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I have not read Sarah's book, but will look for it. I did google about dog's eating grass and think her main problem is boredom. She is a very intelligent dog and spends most of her time laying about doing nothing. She doesn't like to be outside by herself, and we just can't be out there with her all the time. I don't know what the answer is! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. Maybe another pup to keep her company?

      Delete
  4. We love The Voice, and 'your' kids version sounds great. Maybe they'll do something similar here … instead of the moronic summer offerings the networks are presenting. Our dogs are our babies, as well; no apologies! Not sure if you're familiar with Sean of the South, but he's my new favorite journalist. I think you might enjoy his column today called "The Dog." (https://seandietrich.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I like about television over here is that they start new programs all year round and not just in the autumn! Plus Christmas and Easter always brings specials! Thanks for the link to Sean of the South. I will be sure to check him out! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi it is perfectly normal for a dog to eat grass when they have an upset stomach, it irritates the stomach to the point of them vomitting which is a good thing. I have two dogs and they constantly do this. it is normal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Unknown! It always upsets me when she does this! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!