Saturday 1 June 2019

The month of song . . .



I like to call June the month of song.  Not just because of the bird song which fills every waking moment from dusk til dawn and is so beautiful . . . but also because of the garden which begins to come alive in a very vibrant and  inspiring way . . . 
 
 photo 467.jpg 
 
The song it sings resonates within my soul . . . rambler roses begin to climb over fence and stone wall . . . covering old garden sheds and lattices with pinks and whites . . . yellows  . . .   The green of the countryside is interlaced with shell pinks, and whites and rosy reds . . . ivory . . . 
 

 
 
One can almost hear the hum and horn of a special secret world, hidden from our eyes . . . fainting blowing on the breeze.   The ancient whirr of fairy wings amidst each bloom . . . and plod of elves feet as they mingle amongst the green  grass that grows tall at the end of the garden beneath the hedge  . . .
  


 The sky, too . . . sings a special song.   Its melody is a deep and tranquil blue . . . bluer than blue . . . a blue you can't ever recall seeing with such vibrancy before, but . . . in your heart  . . . you know you have.  Its just that each time seems like the first time . . . brilliant white cloud whispers here and there.  It is an illusion, the cloud . . . impossible to take seriously. 
  

 photo Morning_dew.jpg 

Mornings dawn fresh and clear . . . dew sits upon the grass like little jewels in the strengthening sunlight, their moments numbered, as the day lengthens and they disappear . . . one by one . . . you can almost hear the faint tinkle of their leaving . . . 

 photo 349730754thLfvf_ph.jpg 

Can you hear the trumpets blow . . .

“Bees do have a smell, you know, 
and if they don't they should, 
for their feet are dusted with 
spices from a million flowers.” 
~Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine   



I didn't sleep well last night.  It must have been after 1 am before I finally fell off and then Mitzie woke me with a bark at 5 or so this morning  . . . I wasn't sure if she needed to go out or not, so I got up. 


This is our Doug when he was about six months old.  He was much on my mind throughout the night and still this morning.  I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel I must.  I have as much right to ask my friends to pray for him as anyone else does, so I am asking this morning would you please pray for Doug, Kayla and the family.  I got a call from Doug yesterday afternoon.  He was in hospital and was calling me from his bed where he was on oxygen.  He was treated and sent home earlier this week suffering from pneumonia. Despite this, he continued to go to work.  Night before last however he found himself unable to breathe or sleep, instead spending the night sitting upright downstairs on the sofa. Early in the morning his wife took him back to the hospital . . .  he's had a heart attack. They are not sure when he had it, sometime between when he was at the hospital on Sunday and yesterday.  So he is in the hospital for now, having tests, etc.  Would you please pray for my dear son Doug, Kayla and the family.  He is only 37 and has those three beautiful young boys.  Thank you very much. He is a good good man, husband, father and son. I love him so very much.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Motherhood is the greatest thing
and the hardest thing  . . . 
~Ricki Lake  •。★★ 。* 。 


Spiced Pear Pinch Muffins  

In the kitchen today  . . .  Spiced Pear Pinch Muffins  . . .  gluten, refined sugar and fat free.  And surprisingly delicious!

Have a wonderful Saturday, this first day of June 2019.  How did that happen?  Don't forget  . . . 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 


10 comments:

  1. Dear Marie, of course you should ask your friends to pray for your son Doug, Kayla and their three boys. I'm so sorry to hear he has had a heart attack. I said a prayer as soon as I read your news and will continue to keep him in my prayers. He is very young to have had a heart attack but that will work in his favour now. And he is strong. And lots of people love him and will pray for him. The safest place to be is in someone's prayers. I hope you hear good news soon that he is doing well. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine. We must take our blessings where we find them and I am grateful that this has been noticed in time and that he is young and strong and that they can do something about it. If the Queen can have an annus horriblius. I can too! I guess this is mine. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes, will pray for Doug, his family and you!! So sorry, Marie...I hope they can help him!! There is nothing harder than watching your child suffer!! My hubby had his MRI this week...looks like whatever is wrong, it is going to be a hard road for us now. Life is everchanging and more difficult it seems!! May GOD be with us all!!! Sending hugs and much love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your husband Elizabeth. Keeping you both in my heart and prayers also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Prayers lifted, dear Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so concerned marie.Never pleasant to worry about the state of health of our children.I hope he gets better soon.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good, good man Monique and has always been so kind, loving and giving to me through the years. I can't bear the thought of losing him. His family, his boys . . . my heart is aching. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love when you write about the seasons and the months. You have such a gift of beautiful thoughts and you are a gifted writer.
    I felt so sad to hear about your son and I feel sad, I didn't know about it. I do pray his recovery goes well; which I am sure it will. He is very young for this one. I told you in another post that my husband had a heart attack at age 45 and then a double by-pass a few months later. They didn't do stents then. He had an angioplasty and it failed thus the surgery.
    Love you much dear friend, and I'm sure this has been very rough for you but I do know that there is great power in prayers.
    Blessings and hugs for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnn! A lot of my seasonal writings are in my new book if it ever gets published. Thanks so much for your prayers and blessings and hugs. He is very young and I hope he does the things he needs to do! He is a diabetic also which probably didn't help. Love you LeAnn! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!