Tuesday 26 June 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, JUNE 26, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its sunny and warm. The birds are singing. Looks to be another fine day. 


I am thinking ...
I went to check out bank account onlineyesterday and was left scratching my head. Something didn't quite add up. This is near to when we pay our rent for the  next month and we were short about £300.  But online, transactions frequently don't show up right away.  In the meantime Todd gets a text saying his card has been stopped. So at first we ignored because we thought it was a scamming text.  Then he got a call, so we called the bank.  Sure enough someone had pinched the money from our account buying purses and such. Upon closer inspection this morning, I have found two much smaller transactions to the same place earlier this month which went un-noticed.  The bank told us yesterday that they would try to get the money back, but so far nothing. They said it would be back in our account by 6 pm if they could.  Zilch. We will now have to chose between paying our bank or eating tinned beans for a month.  I am absolutely fuming.  Todd's card was in his wallet, but somehow they got all his details. I am assuming it was for online purchases.  I can't help but say this word . . .  Bastards. I feel like I have been raped.

In the kitchen ... 

 


Sticky Sausage Tray Bake. All in one, baked on a sheet pan. Yum.  


On my "To Cook" list ... 

Something Sweet, Something Savoury.  Tattie Soup.  This looks really good.  Is it wrong to want soup when its hot outside?  I think I will save it for September, but it sure looks good.



Good to know ...

I am creating ... 


   


I Heart Gantsilyo.  Love these cute little crochet gingerbreadmen.  So sweet. 
 

Purl Soho. This is sooooo elegant!  


Your Crochet. Peacock Style Coasters.  I have crocheted this pattern before. Sweet.

 
Cotswold Cottage Tea Cosy.  I love this. Free pattern from Lets Knit UK.   


From Shwin & Shwin. A cute little babydoll top pattern, free.  


I am reading ...  




Be Still my Soul, the cadence of grace book 1, by Joanne Bischof

Night’s chill tickled her skin. Lonnie pressed her hands together and glanced up. He was even more handsome up close. Having grown up the shy, awkward daughter of Joel Sawyer, she’d hardly spoken to any boy, let alone the one who had mothers whispering warnings in their daughter’s ears and fathers loading shotguns. 

Pretty Lonnie Sawyer is shy and innocent, used to fading into the background within her family, and among the creeks and hollows of the Appalachian hills. Though her family is poor and her father abusive, she clings to a quiet faith. But when handsome ladies’ man and bluegrass musician Gideon O’Riley steals a kiss, that one action seals her fate. Her father forces her into a hasty marriage with Gideon—a man she barely knows and does not love. Equally frustrated and confused by his new responsibilities, Gideon yearns for a fresh start, forcing Lonnie on an arduous journey away from her home in Rocky Knob. Her distant groom can’t seem to surrender his rage at the injustice of the forced matrimony or give Lonnie any claim in his life. What will it take for Gideon to give up his past, embrace Lonnie’s God, and discover a hope that can heal their two fractured hearts? Gideon only ever cared about himself. Now that Lonnie is his wife, will he ever be worthy of her heart?

A sweet and easy read.

I am looking forward to ...
Tatiana's visit in August. My niece Alison coming in August.

Dreaming about ...



Good corn on the cob  . . . peaches and cream.  Used to buy it by the bagful off of trucks by the side of the road.  Two or three dozen at a time.  And we would eat it all.  


 

Silver thimbles  . . .


Ribbon Boxes  . . . 

  

Floral stair risers  . . . 


Green Gate Greys  . . . 

Something to watch ...

 

The Donna Reed Show on Prime. Nice, nice, nice  . . . 


A goal for the week ...
Failed miserably at my no sugar for the week last week.  Will try again. If at first you don't succeed and all that. But already failing this morning.  lol  Must. Do. Better.


A quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
         ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
The people who think they are crazy enough to change the world,
are the people who do.  ~Steve Jobs   ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡
 ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.  



Makes me smile ...


 Jose, Ariana and Todd hard at work putting together the BBQ. It was quite the job!  I had a real chuckle listening to Ariana telling Jose how to do it in Spanish.  Proof positive that in any language, men need instruction from women no matter the job. ;-)  We really appreciated their help. They are such a cute, CUTE couple!


Corners of my kingdom ...




Peggy Porschen Parlour - Belgravia, London  Surely the cutest cafe and cake shop ever.

 And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 





Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too! 


11 comments:

  1. Oh, Marie!! ((BIG HUGS)) So VERY, very sorry to hear about your bank account assualt! It is a terrible thing to be invaded like that. We had one of our credit cards ripped off. Someone hacked into our account and made a lot of ridculous online purchases of expensive clothes and shoes. We were on holiday, so didn't notice what was happening at first, until TJ got an alert from the back. Thankfully fast action on the bank's part restored things. Hoping and praying very much your lost money will be restored! Soup sounds comforting at such times. It's gonna be 30 C here today, so I'm thinking of waiting on soup until September too... LOL! So many lovelies to cheer the day here... That cottage tea cozy is crazy-cute! Your current reading sounds like a nice story! Good corn on the cob...mmm... It's hard to find that here. You can get these vacuum-packed corn on the cob that comes from Thailand, but it's more like animal feed that good, real, sweet corn. FUN to see pics of Todd, Jose and Ariana! Hope you all have a good week there, and all the bank stuff sorted... Be taking good care. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really terrible feeling Tracy! You wonder how the banks and card companies stay afloat with so much corruption going on! Oh I so miss REAL corn on the cob, sweet and delicious! Love you very much also! Keep me posted about TJ’s family okay! Love and hugs! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'll be praying the money is returned to your account. I had that happen in the past and it was returned quickly. Good you checked on your account. We don't want you to be eating beans all month. Truth be told I could eat from the pantry for a month if needed. I keep it well stocked. I've yet to have fresh corn, but it will be coming soon. It is usually available locally by the 4th of July. Try not to worry. Things will work out and have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It has only just tonight been returned! But we are so grateful that we have gotten it! I could probably eat from our food storage for a month also, but it would be pretty boring eating! I guess we are pretty spoilt for choice most of the time! Thanks for your positivity! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Marie..as you know I have been in your shoes except we were in Paris:( Pickpocket the first day out really only to discover that the day before..buying our Metro passes..somehow our card was used :( So within 2 days..we were out of a lote of $$..US and Cash Euros.
    Sadly.. it left an indelible mark on us for big cities..Paris just never looked as great as I had dreamed after that.
    And it is..just not for us.
    The bak did cover the card thefts(2)..but the cash was our loss.

    I can't imagine people taking pleasure in harming someone else.
    That same day we saw people not paying for the metro..jumping the turnstyle:(

    I think the bak will come through for you.
    It took the bank 3 months to reimburse us.But it was a US bank..

    It should happen much quicker for you.

    Take care.
    And I am happy Ariana and hubby are there to bring you continuous joys..wait till bébé arrives..I know what you will blog about and I can't wait for you.
    Love that cozy..Can't knit lol..well..I can knit one purl 2.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember Monique. It was such a horrible thing! You really feel violated! It’s awful! This is Wednesday night and we have only just now gotten our money refunded. We are very grateful for that! I wish I could knit better also! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I'm so sorry about your account being hijacked!! Nothing makes me more upset than a thief! We have had that happen, and it's never fun, especially a checking account. If it's a credit card, they will generally take off the charge, but with a bank, it's much harder to get retribution...at least here in the USA. We just got notice today by email that a very popular company here, where we got fresh chicken and bacon from, suspended their operations! You have to pay for the product ahead of time and them just pick it up at a designated spot in your city. We are out about 200.00 dollars...infuriating. We will try to get the money out of them, but doubtful they will pay.

    That babydoll top is adorable! I have tons of material and patterns for kids, I need to make something cute for my littles...maybe for school.

    Those stair risers are so beautiful! I would love to go into a home like that, so quaint and pretty.

    I love that grill! So glad you had good help to put it together...can't wait to see what you put on it.

    The cake shop looks like something out of a fairy tale!

    Hang in there, Marie, I pray that things work out for you with your money, so sad that there are people out there who prey on others, very sick.

    Gentle hugs to you and Todd, and much love.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Barb! I hope you get your money back also! These people really are despicable. Todd and I are on a very tight budget and just £10 can make all the difference in the world. It’s really hard! When someone does something like this, it cuts deep. Thankfully as from today at 6 pm our money has been refunded! Praise God! Love and hugs to you and Bob also! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!