Thursday 21 June 2018

My Favourite Things

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥ 
Learning.  I love learning. I love learning new things. Sometimes its only something small, sometimes its huge, but I try to learn something new every day. Google is my friend. When I was a child it was our family encyclopaedia.  I have an extraordinary mind for minutia and facts. It drives Todd crazy, but if you want a good partner for Quiz games, I'm your gal!  Well, except for questions of sport.  I have no interest in them whatsoever.  

The Turkey Sub from Subway, on Honey and Whole Wheat Multigrain bread.  And I have everything on it. Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, black olives, hot peppers, pickles, cucumber. Simply put. Its my favourite and I get it every time. When I was first out living on my own after my last marriage broke up, the lady who I was renting my room from did not like me using her kitchen, even though that was part of the deal. I ended up having a microwave in my room and I used to buy Turkey Subs frequently for my supper. They were cheap and tasty, and low in fat and calories, and, most important of all, I really liked them.

The Book of Proverbs. Its my favourite book in the Bible.  Its filled with wisdom for the ages. I could sit and read it for hours.The Book of Proverbs provides profound insights and exceptional wisdom on how to live a happy and peaceful life, by honoring and respecting God as all-good and all-powerful. The guiding principles of the Book are to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart" (Proverbs 3:5), and that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (1:7, 9:10). 

I also love the Psalms and the chapter of Mosiah in the BOM 

.   

Cake. I just love cake. I think I love cake more than cookies or pies or puddings. Of all the desserts, cake is my favourite thing to eat. I think my mom's Hot Milk Cake is my all time favourite of all the cakes. Its just a simple sponge. Next to that I love Pound Cake.  Then comes the Victoria Sponge.  Next in line Walnut. After that Almond.  I bet you are surprised that Chocolate wasn't at the top.  Its there, but just not my favourite.  I would never turn a piece of it down though. 


I am a mitten girl. I love wearing mittens more than I like wearing gloves. To me gloves feel very confining and mittens feel like home. I love homemade mittens the best of all. I wish I could knit them. I just can't seem to get the hang of knitting on four needles. I like knitted mittens over crochet mittens.  They are just superior imho.  




Of all the roasts, I love Roast Chicken most of all.  That sticky skin . . . the tender meat . . . I love it all. That is the only way I like Chicken on the bone.   I hate chicken that has been reheated on the bone, and I can tell if it has.  I hate it when you go to a restaurant and they serve you chicken that has been reheated on the bone. There is a distinct difference in flavour, and I don't like it.  


  

I love the show "Friends".  I never got to watch much of it the first time around.  I am really enjoying it on Netflix.  I am on Series 8 now.  When I am done all of the series, I need to get Todd turned onto it, so we can watch it together. 



Could she be more stunning?  This is now my favourite Royal. Next to the Queen of course. Seriously I really like her.  I am excited to see how she develops in her new roll as the Duchess of Sussex.  I think she is a real favourite with the other Royals as well.

  

They are a sweet, sweet couple.
I can't wait til they have children.  I think they will have beautiful babies. 



  

I know they are not things, but I just adore my Grandchildren, even if I haven't actually met all of them yet. Hopefully some day I will get to meet Cameron and I hope that I will get to see all of them again one day in person before they get too much older.  I love facetiming with them.  Its the next best thing to being there in person.  My two oldest sons are very good at facetiming me with their boys.  Those special moments are precious to me. 




Summer!  Today is the first official day of Summer and I love it!  The sun is shining, but it is a bit breezy out there, a somewhat chilly 12*C (which is 53.6*F)  Hopefully things will warm up as the day progresses.  I hope that we get to the beach at least once or twice this summer!  



 
English Strawberry Season and we are enjoying it now.  I adore English berries.  They are soooo delicious. Our plants are loaded this year.  We have so many I might even get sick of them! (No, that will never happen!)  Local berries in season are the best, and the ones you grow yourself are even better!!! 



Working with my hands.  I think it was the Amish who coined the phrase, "Hands to Work, Hearts to God." I am grateful for working hands!  




   


Writing books.  I love writing books.  I got the first edit back of my next book yesterday, for me to tweak.  I am so excited about it. I love this one even more than the last one, although it is half the size. It has more of my heart in it, if you can believe it.  I also have had a lovely e-mail from the girl who proof-read it who said she is in love with it.  So there you go. That really made my day! 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  I need to get a leg-on as I am hoping to get in to see a Doctor today. I am experiencing Cellulitis in my left leg and I think I need some anti-biotics.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Either write something worth reading,
or do something worth writing.
~Benjamin Franklin  •。★★ 。* 。 


 


 Cooking in the English Kitchen today . . .  Honey, Lemon and Herb Chicken, its a tray bake with asparagus and new potatoes, delicious and built for two. No fuss no muss.


Have a wonderful Thursday. Enjoy this first day of summer.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
 
And I do too!
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Such great news re your book..:)
    I love her too..in fact I too mentioned her on my blog today.That dress and hat she wore..stunning!They are refreshing to watch.A fairy tale.Nothing of this world really.Otherworldly:)
    I feel younger in mitts but prefer gloves.I need each finger to hold.. grab..drive..etc..but mittens remind me of being little.
    My grandsons are watching Friends.Lucas had his last day today and wore a FRIENDS sweatshirt..must have been over his uniform.
    Watched The Greatest Showman w/ 2 of them yesterday:) I didn't think they would get into it (no sports)..but seeing Wolverine..lol..kind of got them into it.
    Noah on the other hand..LOVES it..4 grandsons..all different;)
    Yes unparalleled love we have for these gifts♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful how very different our grandchildren are Monique, and yet our love for each is te same. I loved The Greatest Showman. I still need to see Wonder. I hope it comes on Netflix or Prime soon. I love Friends! It think it is cute that your grandchildren do also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Roast chicken sounds absolutely wonderful about now. I was tempted to get one yesterday when I went shopping, but refrained as I didn't want to turn the oven on as it's been to warm. I know you can buy them already made, but I like my own the best. And yes, I am very thankful my hands still work and I can do what I love to do. Congrats on Book 2. Nice to have compliments already! What a great sense of accomplishment you must have. Hope you have a Happy Thursday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the summer it is not something we want to do with turning on the oven Pam! Thank goodness for salads and grills! Happy day! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Always, always love These are a few of my favorite things. I love summer too. Right now we are enjoying lots of sunshine. Although we had a powerful hailstorm last week.
    I love that cute royal too and will love following how she adjusts. They will have beautiful children I am sure.
    I am so thrilled that you are having success in your writings. You are a powerful writer in so many different ways. You are a magnificent artist too.
    I think you are such a multitalented women. I love all that you do.
    I love The Book of Mormon and reading 10 pages a day for almost a year has been such a blessing in my life. I enjoy many of the books of the bibile too.
    I love cake bestof all too. My favorite is chocolate cake. Of course, ice cream is a second close favorite. I love soft ice cream with chocolate topping.
    Of course, I always enjoy chicken and use it in many dishes.
    This was another fun one! Blessings and hugs and I do hope your cellulites get’s better quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!