Friday 8 June 2018

My Friday Finds . . .

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


Its really a no-brainer.  Mason Jar Herb Garden, from Crafts Unleashed


Five minute Crochet Snowflakes, from Crochet for You.  Its never too early!  


Crochet N Create.  Mug Rugs!  


Maria's Blue Crayon.  a great tip on how to keep your rows even.  




All Free Crochet.  How to read patterns.  


Mami Talks, DIY Bird Bath. Simple and so pretty!  


DIY Butterfly Feeder from Garden Therapy.  Cute! 


Hometalk, easy to make garden markers using wooden clothespins.  


Home is Where the Boat is.  Pretty tea sandwiches.  


8 ways to get a handle on paper clutter.  From Clean Mama.    




Mosquito Yard Spray.  I wonder if this works.  We don't get mosquitos here much but if this works I know a few people who might find this comes in very handy! 


Style Bistro.  Although I am not sure what constitutes an older woman. She looks pretty young to me!  


Byzantine Flowers. DIY Rosewater. Simple.



The Flavour Bender, homemade syrups.  


Dating Divas.  Back to School Photo tips.  Boy young girls are a lot more sophisticated and prettier looking than when I was growing up! 


I really love this.  She was an amazing woman. 

   



Quick Pickled Onions.  These would be great on sandwiches. From The Forked Spoon.  





Scrappy Tea Cosy from Suki Girl. Love this.  A great Scrap buster!!   




AK's Slippers. Anna Kaisin Pippanin on Ravelry.  Free pattern. 

And those are my finds for this week.  Its a funny day out there this morning. Very overcast and cool, but dry. I don't think rain is in the forcast. We have to do go to the chapel today to clean. So a busy day awaits! 

Oh yes, keep meaning to tell you the new Duchesse of Sussex and the Queen are going to be in Chester on the 15th.  They are attending the official opening of Story House as well as having lunch in the town hall.  Not sure I will hazard a trip into town, but we'll see.

A thought to carry with you   . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛
We inherit from our ancestors,
gift so often taken for granted.
Each of us contains within, this
inheritance of soul.
We are links between the ages,
containing past and present,
expectations, sacred memories
and future promise.
~Edward Sellner•。★★ 。* 。 


 

In the English Kitchen today . . .  Pork Chops with Spicy Rice. An all in one pan tasty dish!  No fuss, no muss! 

Have a wonderful day whatever you get up to!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
And I do too!
 


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie--Happy Friday! And thanks for another Friday full of fun here. LOVE those crochet mug rugs!! What a great idea is that butterfly feeder!! How lovely are those tea sandwiches... I feel like a tea party now! I love picked red onions, and make them often...mmm... LOVE those powerful words of Mother Teresa! She is such an inspiration. VERY exciting the Queen and new Duchess of Sussex with be in Chester! You should go see 'em and wave. :))) Wishing you all a happy weekend there... and don't forget--LOVE YOU BOTH LOTS!! OXOX ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Theresa was and is a Saint dear friend! I love tea parties! If you ever come over again and we meet up we will have to do a tea party my sweet friend! I love you too! Oodles! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a fantastic Friday. As always thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cute things:) Oh I hope you go into town..would be a proper thrill for you and them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie!

    As always, lovely Friday Finds.

    Those pickled red onions look so delicious! I have been avoiding onions, but maybe, just maybe...I will have to try these.

    This year we planted more herbs in our beds, and I'm really liking them. Fresh herbs have so much flavor, and I love how they make anything I make seem fresher. Bob has always loved messing around with making his own bug-away, and fertilizer for the garden. I think he has actually used that recipe before...and it worked!

    I loved, Mother Teresa, she had such faith! These days I definitely pray for strength. Praying for others and praying that I might find that one person in my life who needs help me, is important in my life right now. I find so many blessings through service.

    Bob and I are off today for a much needed break. We are headed for the hills! Have a wonderful day, Marie! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your gardens Barb! I bet they are gorgeous! I hope that you and Bob enjoyed your trip into,the hills! Love you too! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed going through this one. I loved all the crocheted items and especially the slippers at the end. Thanks for sharing the link to learning how to crochet. I kind crochet if someone shows me how to do a pattern but I can't read and follow how to do one. I will look at this link.
    I enjoyed the photos and links for the garden items.
    The little sandwiches look delightful.
    Thanks for the information on dealing with paper clutter.
    I will look at the mosquito spray too.
    The poses are cute and I guess would help a photo look better.
    I loved the quote by Mother Teresa. She is a favorite of mine.
    Blessings and hugs for you and sending loving thoughts too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!