Tuesday 31 October 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook ...

 

FOR TODAY, October 31, 2017

Outside my window ...
Its dark. Its cold. Its dry. Its Halloween!  BOO!

I am thinking ...
I wonder how many trick or treaters we will get this year.  Last year I think we got about 10.  When I first moved over here we got zip, so things have improved. In Canada, we used to get hundreds!

In the kitchen ...
 

The perfect meal to end a cold day on, Chicken & Corn Chowder.  Fabulous! 

On my "To Cook" list ...

Bowl of Deliciousness.  New England Baked Haddock.  This looks fabulous!  Also very simple.  I am all for simple!

Good to know ...

To see the full demographic, click here. GREAT tips! 

I am creating ...
Working on a piece of art, a commission. 

 

The WHOot.  A collection of Crochet Women's Slippers. 


Debbie Shore, Felt Applique Chicken Tea Cosy.





Habberdashery Fun.  DIY quilted chicken bread basket.  


Smashed Peas and Carrots.  DIY Beginners Sewing kit.   


Crochet Mini Stocking Advent Bunting.  From How to Crochet.  This is really cute, even if you don't use it as a calendar, just as bunting! 

I am reading ...




FAITHFUL, by Alice Hoffman  
Growing up on Long Island, Shelby Richmond is an ordinary girl until one night an extraordinary tragedy changes her fate. Her best friend’s future is destroyed in an accident, while Shelby walks away with the burden of guilt.

What happens when a life is turned inside out? When love is something so distant it may as well be a star in the sky? Faithful is the story of a survivor, filled with emotion, from dark suffering to true happiness, a moving portrait of a young woman finding her way in the modern world. A fan of Chinese food, dogs, bookstores, and men she should stay away from, Shelby has to fight her way back to her own future. In New York City she finds a circle of lost and found souls, including an angel who’s been watching over her ever since that fateful icy night.

Here is a character you will fall in love with, so believable and real and endearing, that she captures both the ache of loneliness and the joy of finding yourself at last. For anyone who’s ever been a hurt teenager, for every mother of a daughter who has lost her way, Faithful is a roadmap.
I have just started this book, so its early days, but so far so good.  
 
I am looking forward to ...
I have another appointment at the Docs this morning. This time to see the nurse.  Apparently she is going to fit me with some sort of appliance that I will wear for 24 hours to test my blood pressure over that period of time. It was really high again yesterday when I went to the Docs and he checked it three times. I am looking forward to getting this sorted. Its very disconcerting.

Dreaming about ...

Pretty  rings  . . .  love all of these but the rosebud best of all . . . 


 Silk scarves by hermes . . . 

  

Sigh  . . .  can you imagine?  

Pretty mirrors  . . .

 
 Greengate spoons  . . .
  
 Something to watch ...


The Work and the Glory. You can watch it on Netflix.  There are three films.  We have them on DVD and have watched them at least six times.  They are based on the series of books by Gerald Lund.  Excellent.

A quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  
No one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another.
I testify that He loves each of us. Insecurities, anxieties, self image and all.
~Jeffrey R Holland ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..   

Makes me smile ...  

  

Our lounge last evening . . .  cosy, cosy . . . we switched our livingroom around yesterday.  I quite like the new look. 

Corners of my kingdom ...
 
 Tintern, Monmouthshire, Wales.  I love Wales.  It is such a beautiful country. I would love to live there . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░

  

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading - 1 Nephi 9:1-10:10
QuestionHow can remembering that "the Lord knoweth all things" help you in your life?  
What I learned - A quote I like about God came to my mind as I read the verses today - 'I dont know what He's doing but I know who He is'.  For Nephi, knowing WHO was asking him was enough for him to accept and obey, he didn't need to know the 'WHY' behind the command/prompting as well. Nephi had constant trust in God and His plan. I can also take comfort in the truth that everything God asks of us has 'a wise purpose' ,  to uplift us, to teach us, to change us, to bless us, to bless others.  Whatever is raging around us,  because we know there is a God and a Saviour,  we can feel peace and protection.
Tomorrow's Reading (Day 12) -  1 Nephi 10:11-11:11
 Question - What is Nephi teaching us about the Holy Ghost? How has the gift of the Holy Ghost blessed you in your life? 


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!




11 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing your high blood pressure, no wonder you haven't been feeling too good lately.

    Your living room looks lovely and cosy! I really miss having a fire, especially in the colder months. The only way we could have one is by putting the tv on the wall and putting a wall mounted flat fire underneath. It sounds weird but we saw one like that in one of the other flats and it looked ok. Its not really for the heat just the cosiness!

    Just pottering and ironing today. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie...Happy Spooktucalar Halloween! Halloween is still a relatively new "American imported holiday" here, but there's plenty of cheap costumes and candy to be had... LOL! Not many young kids around where we live, so we don't get many treaters. Your Chicken Corn Soup looks sooo good! (Oh, and loved your Crock Pot Ham, Potatoes & Beans the other day--going to make that one weekend soon!) That good advice from William Morris I keep close to heart and home... I wouldn't mind going more minimal, actually... But when you live with another/others, it's one step at a time. ;) Congrats on your artwork commission! Hope you can share it with us once you're finished! LOTS of cute crafts today--that chicken bread basket cozy is very cute! I'd not heard of that film The Work and the Glory... will try to find, as it sounds good! Wishing you all happy week there! LOVE YOU LOTS! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Kate! I ordered some Hibiscus tea and Coenzyme10 yesterday from Amazon, so hoping they will help, but I will be glad to have it sorted! A few years back Sky had a burning fire televison screen, with cracklin logs and everything, on all over Christmas period that was just lovely! I wish they would do it again! Love and hugs!! xoxo

    YOu will love The Work and the Glory Tracy! Its a fiction family set in a true story and very entertaining with three films in the series. It's great! We are trying to go more minimal here. Love and hugs to you also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marie, check out Netflix, they do a few crackling fire scenes with sound effects. Last year there was one that played Christmas music too!!!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I will be sure to check it out Kate! So excited this morning. My book should be arriving at MY HOUSE before the end of the day! Over the moon doesn't begin to describe my feelings today! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW EXCITING!!!! I'd be walking up and down the road waiting for the delivery man! I'm so pleased and happy for you, not to mention proud! Xxx

      Delete
  5. Cozy cozy:) Love it! I made thos chicken baskets 100 yrs ago:)

    Easy peasy..and fun..you tuck your hand in the wing to retrieve the bread..sold them at craft fairs to earn extra $$:)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Monique! I bet your little bun hens were adorable. I really want to make one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting..I know I would be checking every 5..minutes..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie!

    Oh, I loved all of your favorite finds!! The slippers, the tea cozy, the sewing kit . . . the rings . . . ahhhhh, loved them all! But that bathtub, oh my goodness, I cannot imagine, it is just lovely!!

    I need to watch, The Work and the Glory, I read some of the books, but I really need to watch the movies. I love to read anything, Gerald Lund has written, Undaunted was one of my favorite books!

    Yes, LeAnn and I share grandchildren!! She is so amazing, and I love her to bits!! It's so fun when I get to see her and her husband when they come here. I really need to make a trip to Utah to see her, she is one of my favorite people! Our grand children are very blessed to have two grandmother's who adore each other, and them!

    I would love to visit, Wales, many of my great grandfather came from, Sutton, Pembrokeshire. It is so beautiful and has always fascinated me!

    Marie, I hope your Dr. visit is a good one, please take care of you!! You will be in my prayers.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kate and Monique, it arrived and I cried! So did Todd, well almost! Love it! xoxo

    Thanks Barb! I have wearing an appliance for 24 hours to check my blood pressure every half hour. Needless to say I got very little sleep last night but at least they will have a true picture of what's going on with it! If you ever come to Wales you must come and see me! Pembrokeshire is a beautiful county! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!