Thursday 19 October 2017

My Favourite Things

 
 
After a brief wobble and wallow in my regular programming I am back with my favourite things. Maybe some of them are yours too. 
 
 
Roast Chicken.  I took myself out of the house yesterday and went to the grocery store.  I picked up a beautiful free range, organic cornfed chicken (not the one in the photo) that I am going to roast today. I had a £10 voucher for the grocery store and I used all of it on this chicken.  It looks beautiful, all yellow and gorgeous.  I am really looking forward to eating it, and making some fab soup and whatever with the leftovers. I think roast chicken is one of my very most favourite things. 
 
 
Victorian Houses.  I wouldn't want to live in one (far too much work to keep clean) but I sure love looking at them!  There are a few in the town I am from, with tall round turrets and loads of gingerbread trim.  I think they are quite beautiful. 
 
  
 
I love a red front door.  The house we built in New Brunswick had a red door.  I painted it myself.  I loved that house and I loved that door.  I can't remember what colour my front door is here.  Be right back.  Bummer.  It's black.  That's probably why I couldn't remember. You never forget a red door.

 
Flannel sheets when the weather starts to get colder.  They are like a warm hug.  I used to have sheets just like this when we had our big double bed.  I will have to look for some single sets.  I love this candy stripe pattern. (You often see it on CTMW) They have a very vintage look about them.

 
Vintage, Chenille, Candlewick bedspreads.  My sister and I had one on our beds the whole time we were growing up.  I believe they were gold in colour.  They were just plain, not near as lovely as these ones are.   Wish I could get one for those prices now! 
 
  
 
All things Barbie.  I have always loved Barbie.  She could and does do anything!  Of course she has a perfectly unatainable body, but who cares. She's beautiful and smart and has the best clothes.  I am totally fascinated with these newer ones.  I think they are called Silkstone Barbies and they are for the collecter.  Very expensive . . .  but then again I adore Blythe Dolls also. 
 
 
 I have never seen a Blythe doll I didn't fall in love with.  
 
 
Mac and Cheese.  I love the baked version, but I really love the stove top version.  I use my sister's recipe which you can find here.  My sister has always been a great cook. 
 
 
Mexican food.  I totally adore Mexican food.  Its typically difficult to find a lot of the ingredients over here, but I make do as much as I can.  Nothing beats homemade Tex Mex.  Although I did used to love going to a restaurant called Chi Chi's.  Not sure how authentic it was, but it sure was tasty! 
 
  
 
Vintage 1950/60's melmac dinnerware.  My mom has a lovely set in browns and whites.  I can remember the day she got them. We had all gone into Winnipeg with my dad and he had to meet some guy in some shop that he was doing business with and we sat waiting in the car for a very long time.  The guy he had the meeting with came out to the car and as an apology for making us wait so long gave my mother this melmac dinner set.  She used to use it on special occasions. 
 
 
She also has glasses like this that I love, saved from buying mustard. I think we must have eaten a lot of mustard! 
 
  
 
I love painted glasses anyways.  Painted jugs.  Painted glassware.  I guess I just love 1950's vintage. 
 
 
I love the fashions . . . 
 
  
 
The hats  . . . 

 
The Dinette Sets . . . 
 
 
I guess I just love the 1950's!
 
  
 
I love classical violin . . .  I could listen to it for hours  . . . 

 
And piano music  . . .  I always wanted to learn how to play.  We have never had a piano.  I used to envy my friends who were taking piano lessons when I was a child.  I would have done just about anything to be able to learn myself.  When we lived at the Manor there was an old piano in one of the back rooms of our cottage that I was teaching myself on, but alas . . . it wasn't ours and when we moved back here to Chester that all stopped.  Maybe when I get to heaven, if I get to heaven, I can learn now to play the piano there.
 
or the violin.
 
  
 
I just love music.  Always have
and aways will.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°When you talk you are only repeating 
what you already know,
but if you listen, you may
learn something  new.
~Dalai Lama .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 
 
 
In The English Kitchen today . . .  Deep, Dark & Delicious Chocolate Cake. So tasty!
 
Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget along the way of your day  . . . 
 
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
And I do too!  
 

 
 



8 comments:

  1. I love music too..when I would come home from school..the STEREO was always playing..my mom:)
    Jacques oves it too.
    Crazy about Spotify.
    They do your mix..spot on..

    I am not savvy lol and we still have the free version..

    it's a good thing.

    I think I love the 50's because I was born in the 50's and some memories come back to me..like those glasses and the pimiento cheese glasses..and Melmac..and Barbies..oh everything arie..

    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the flannel sheets on here for a few weeks now and have to say I love them! Music is always good but sometime piano music just warms my heart like no others. I think today might be a good day to put some on and just think about some pleasant things. Hope you have a great day! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything in the 50's I remember the glasses too! You made me laugh when you had to and check your front....
    I had a great childhood with cousin's as our best friends...living close to one another. Life was good and happy~💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Really, somehow, I'm not sure how, but we need to get together...I'm always so shocked at how much we are alike!! Yes, I love all things 50's and 60's, from dishes, clothing, Barbies, furniture, I love it all, especially the music! I can remember playing, Barbies for hours on end with my sister. Hers always had black hair, mine always had blond hair. She collects them, and has some really beautiful Barbies. I took just enough piano lessons to make me dangerous! I hit every wrong note, trying to find the right note...but I love to listen to the piano being played by someone who can really, tickle the ivories!

    Your post just made my heart skip a beat tonight, it brought back so many good memories of my childhood, thank you dear friend!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd loves music too Monique. One thing I love is our mutual love of both classical as well as Country Music! I would love to go on a country music tour. One day ... have a great ?Friday! Xoxo

    Thanks Pam. We are putting the flannels on today! Am so cold in bed now! I wasn’t well yesterday and spent the afternoon in bed plugged into piano music. It perfect for relaxing! Xoxo

    What a fab childhood Di! We had cousins that lived pretty close also! It was great! Xoxo

    Aww Barb. We must be sisters from other mothers! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this comment goes thru. I don't understand why the others haven't. Phones can be a pain sometimes. Lol.

    I hope ur feeling better Marie! You always make everyone happy when they read your blogs bc you put in your heart and soul. So my friend, everyone should take a few minutes to leave a nice comment back to you too.

    Big hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I had just eaten too much sugar Jan. I need to stop doing that. You are so kind! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!