Tuesday 17 October 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
 
FOR TODAY, October 17, 2017

Outside my window ...
It's still quite dark, but the winds of yesterday have all died down.  It was really windy last evening.  Once the sun comes up we can see what damage has been done. Fingers crossed, not much.

I am thinking ...
Some days are diamonds, some days are dust.  I wonder what today will be.  Hopefully a diamond. I think largely the choice is mine to make.  Today I choose to be a diamond day!

In the kitchen ...
 
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ...
 
SM's Skinny White Chicken Enchiladas.  These look mighty tasty.  I love Tex Mex food!  
 
Good to know ...
 
Have done this. You can also set a saucepan of water on top and bring it to the boil for hot water.
 
I am creating ...
 

Snap Guide, how to create an Expanding Mini Album by  Joanne Bain. The finished album is really pretty.

Lulu Loves,  Crochet Granny Shawl. A complete tutorial.


The Green Dragonfly, a very pretty crochet lace edging.  I love this. There is also a video, complete tutorial.


A Little Gray.  Double Trouble Pot Holder Tutorial.  


Craft Elf, curly snowman ornament.  Crochet.  

I am Reading ...

FAITHFUL, by Alice Hoffman  

Growing up on Long Island, Shelby Richmond is an ordinary girl until one night an extraordinary tragedy changes her fate. Her best friend’s future is destroyed in an accident, while Shelby walks away with the burden of guilt.

What happens when a life is turned inside out? When love is something so distant it may as well be a star in the sky? Faithful is the story of a survivor, filled with emotion, from dark suffering to true happiness, a moving portrait of a young woman finding her way in the modern world. A fan of Chinese food, dogs, bookstores, and men she should stay away from, Shelby has to fight her way back to her own future. In New York City she finds a circle of lost and found souls, including an angel who’s been watching over her ever since that fateful icy night.

Here is a character you will fall in love with, so believable and real and endearing, that she captures both the ache of loneliness and the joy of finding yourself at last. For anyone who’s ever been a hurt teenager, for every mother of a daughter who has lost her way, Faithful is a roadmap.

I have just started this book, so its early days, but so far so good.

I am looking forward to ... 

 
Watching the last episode every of George Gently.  They say it will be broadcast on October 30th.  Sad to see the series ending. It has been Ace. I suppose the actors want to move onto other projects.

Dreaming about ... 

 

A different type of white picket fence  . . . 

 

Pretty laundry rooms  . . .

 

A table for two and that old wooden floor  . . .   

 

A kitchen large enough to swing a cat . . . 

 

Laura Ashley . . .  yes please  . . . 

Something to watch ...
 

The Shack, we watched this last evening and both thoroughly enjoyed it.

A quote for the day ...

  (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Courage is the first of human qualities,
because it is the quality which guarantees all the others.
                ~Winston Churchill ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ...

Corners of my Kingdom ...
   

Lancaster Castle in Lancashire  . . . founded in the 11th century . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!     
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marie. Playing catch up again! We got back from London yesterday before the storm got too bad. It was quite scary on the motorway as it was really windy and there were thousands of leaves blowing everywhere, I was glad to get home!

    I seem to have a backload of jobs that need doing so I'm trying to motivate myself to get going! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I cannot imagine what it must have been like on the motorway! It was bad enough here. Although we did not get it as bad in Chester as some did elsewhere! The worst part of being away is having to play catch up with the jobs that need doing! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the crochet link Marie:)

    You have a great day..

    Thanks for the book recommendation..

    I did read the shack..never saw the movie though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did read the book The Shack and enjoyed it. I haven't seen the movie but hope to. I would like to see how they portrayed it. I'm sure it was quite different than what I pictured in my mind. It always seems I enjoy the book better than a movie. Sunny but chilly here today. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome Monique. That is a really beautiful edging. xoxo

    If you liked the book I think you will like the film Pam! I read the book and I enjoyed the movie. Todd hadn't read the book, but he enjoyed the movie all the same. I think there is something everyone can enjoy in it. Have a great Wednesday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!