Monday, 17 August 2026

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   



The kindness of others.  Seed from my bird feeder has been falling into the front patch in the mulch and had sprouted and was growing. It is hard for me to get down and pull it out.  Yesterday there was a knock on the door and it was Zillah from next door. I have often seen her weeding other's gardens on the street. On this day I was the lucky recipient of her kindness. It was such a sweet thing to do and I really appreciated it!


 

I got to go to church yesterday. I actually drove myself this week. I was grateful to be there and to be able to partake of the sacrament, etc. I am always grateful to watch it online as well, but it was especially nice to be there in person.


 

Weekends with my daughter. I enjoy these special times we get to spend together. This weekend we did some fun things. I taught her how to use a sharp knife and we made fajitas together. We did a bit of crafting. We laughed a lot. We watched Steel Magnolias on Saturday night. I had not seen it in a long time and she loves that movie. We both enjoyed it very much. We just enjoy spending this time together. It is an extra special blessing to me.


 

I love my comfy bed. It has taken me almost six years to get used to sleeping alone but I love it now. I stretch right out. It's a full sized bed and I use every inch of it. I am now a greedy bed/blanket hog. I love it.


 

Time spent with family. I had a lot of it last week starting with Sunday dinner at Cindy's, Wednesday supper out and then my birthday on Thursday, shopping with Cindy on Friday, etc..  Time spent with family is always precious and never wasted. After having been so far away from everyone for so many years, it means a lot to me now to be able to enjoy these special moments.



Birthday wishes and cards, etc. My cup runneth over. I thank everyone so much for all of them.  The cards, the wishes, etc. It is a special blessing to be remembered in such a beautiful way. I felt and feel very loved.

Having so many that it is impossible to respond individually is a nice problem to have.



Autumn scents, colors and temperatures are on the way. It won't be long now. Really we have not had a bad summer weatherwise. We have had very few hot muggy days. It's been quite tolerable for which I am truly grateful.  There have been no nights where I could not sleep comfortably. What a blessing that has been. Mind, there are a few weeks left to go so I better not jinx it.

I am starting to crave the smell of apple orchards and pumpkin spice however.


 


The king of my castle  . . . 



And my little burrito  . . . 

Love them both to bits.

My life is a happy mix of things which bring me peace, comfort and joy. I am truly blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*People usually
are happiest at home.
~William Shakespeare


Green Peach Salad

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Fresh Green Peach Salad. A delightful way to enjoy hard peaches that are never going to soften. Delicious and simple. 


I hope you have a lovely week filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things. Be blessed in all ways. Don't forget! 


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. Lovely neighbour to weed for you as a birthday gift. Another great weekend with Eileen. Just when a few signs of Fall are around, it gets humid again today. Good for you for driving to church yesterday. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s been a terribly hot summer here and still more to come. But, it’s August, so one can only just enjoy.☀️ Your post is full of gratitude, so lovely to read. Thanks and happy new week. Best, Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!