Tuesday, 18 August 2026

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, August 18, 2026

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

 

18*C/66*F mostly cloudy Rain expected over the next few days.
I went out to check my mail this morning and it felt quite humid to me. It's garbage day so there are bags lining the street.


I AM THINKING ...

My sister is off to the airport today with Dan to pick up my brother and his wife. I pray they all have safe journeys. My FB this morning reminded me that it was Peter Lee's birthday today. Poor Peter Lee. He's been gone several years now. I do miss him and his wife Audrey. They were very good friends. Peter used to email me a couple of times a week. I hope he has a Happy Heavenly Birthday.

I AM ALSO THINKING ...
I will be going over later this morning to check on my dad and make sure he is okay. Also to get him some lunch and take the dog out to do his business. I hope it is not bucketing down.


 

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...

My happy quiet life. Simple days. Faith. Family. Friends. Home. Pets. Enough.


 


I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...

This little place that I get to visit each day and for each of you and your support and comments. It may take me a few days at times to respond, but I do get there. My lateness in responding is because I can only comment when I am on my PC. For some reason I can't leave comments on my iPhone or iPad. Not sure why that is. I can only sit at my PC for so long each day. That means it takes me longer to address comments. Sorry about that!  I do read each one and I appreciate each one as well!



Potatoes O'Brien



IN THE KITCHEN ...

Potatoes O'Brien. For two. Simple and delicious. If there's a potato around, I am all in. I love LOVE potatoes. 





ON MY "TO COOK" LIST  . . . 

Mini Chicago Style Hot Dogs. The Tipsy Housewife.  Those look really good! I love hotdogs.





THIS I BELIEVE ...

This is truth and it happens seemingly overnight. Time passes far too quickly. 


 

SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...

Bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds.


 

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...

Pink flowers, roses  . . . 


 

SOMETHING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Autumn. I love the sights, smells and feels. It is my favorite season of the year.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...


 

Cat coasters  . . . 


 

Scrappy clowns  . . . 


 

Snowflake garland  . . . 


 

Crossover Stich washcloths  . . . 


 

Scrappy quilted hot pads  . . . 


SOMETHING I ENJOY ...

 

Framed botanicals  . . . 

SOMETHING ELSE I ENJOY ...

 


Dessert pies  . . . any kind.


I AM READING ...



AUNT DIMITY'S DEATH,  by Nancy Atherton


Lori Shepherd thought Aunt Dimity was just a character in a bedtime story... ...Until the Dickensian law firm of Willis & Willis summons her to a reading of the woman's will. Down-on-her-luck Lori learns she's about to inherit a sizable estate -- if she can discover the secret hidden in a treasure trove of letters in Dimity's English country cottage. What begins as a fairy tale becomes a mystery - and a ghost story - in an improbably cozy setting, as Aunt Dimity's indomitable spirit leads Lori on an otherworldly quest to discover how, in this life, true love can conquer all. 


Lori Shepherd has nothing. She temps for a job, lives with two roommates, and has had her childhood stuffed toy, her only companion, destroyed. So her life is in shambles when she receives a letter from Willis & Willis, Attorneys. When she arrives at their home, she discovers that her childhood stories of Aunt Dimity weren’t fairy tales made up by her mother; Dimity was an actual person, her mother’s best friend. And now both her mother and Dimity have gone, and Dimity wants her to come to England and write the introduction to a children’s book made up of those stories. 

 But Lori has another surprise - both her mother and Dimity have written her posthumous letters detailing why they never told her about their connection, and her mother has left a photograph - the only clue to Dimity’s past life when her mother met her. She wants Lori to find out about the photo, because it will explain what Dimity would never talk about - her past. So, with the accompaniment of Bill, (Willis, Jr.) Lori sets out for London to find the truth and learn more about this fairy tale which wasn’t one at all . . . 

I am thoroughly enjoying this book. It has been a long time since I have looked forward to picking up a book and reading it in the way I am enjoying this one. I plan to read the whole series if I can. This is book 1. I am about 2/3 of the way through.


THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...

 

Pretty picnic baskets  . . . 

 

Bees and flowers  . . . 

 
Plush toys  . . . 

Cake  . . . 

 


Whites  . . . 

MAKES ME SMILE ...

 

Luna Lapin  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

 


It never loses it's appeal for me  . . . 

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I sat with my anger long enough
until she told me her
real name was grief.
~C.S. Lewis


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

1 comment:

  1. In the blink of an eye.. wooosh. the years have flown by.Loved Steel Ms..and that cute jar cover!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!