FOR TODAY, August 11th, 2026
17*C/63*F and mostly cloudy. Not sure what today will bring to the weather side of things. Rain and wind this afternoon I think. Eileen will be staying with me another day and night.
I AM THINKING ...
About how brave my girl is.
This is her waiting to go down to the operating theatre yesterday. Her CSS worker sent me the photo. She got home here about 5:30 P.M. Everything went well. They did a D&C apparently (from the paperwork) and it will be five to six weeks before we hear what comes next. She was starving of course. She wanted Grilled Cheese, so I made her a Grilled Cheese Sandwich and some soup and the a bit later on she had some cake and ice cream. She stayed up until 9 pm, and appears to be resting comfortably at the moment. Thank you for all of your prayers and positive thoughts. They helped. She said she could feel them.
I AM ALSO THINKING ...
I went out early this morning to check my mail and there was a form to fill in with the names of all who are living in this unit and getting post for this address. I filled it out and put it back into the mail box. I wasn't sure if that was what I was supposed to do or not? But I did it anyways.
(source)
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
I am grateful that everything went smoothly yesterday and without incident. I did start to get a bit worried when I hadn't heard anything by early afternoon. I messaged her worker and she hadn't even gone down to the theatre yet. That's when Cassidy sent me the photo. I was able to let her dad know what was going on also. He had been messaging me to see if I had heard anything. I kept him informed until she got home and then I had her message him to let him know what was what.
I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...
All the happy thoughts and prayers. I could feel them as well! Thank you!
Honey BBQ Roasted Chicken Thighs. Something I threw together the other day with really delicious results. I just had to share what I did, it was so good. Simple and delicious.
(source)
ON MY "TO COOK" LIST . . .
This Chicago Tamale Hot Dog looks and sounds really delicious. It's made with Tamales, which I can't get here so it will have to stay a dream, but I might be able to find a way around it. We will see.
THIS I BELIEVE ...
It is often in our quiet moments that we get the most revelation and inspiration. When we feel overwhelmed it is often best to just sit back, and quiet your thoughts. Truth will come.
(source)
SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...
Fresh garden tomatoes. Ripened on the vine with the warmth of the sun still kissing their skin.
(source)
SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...
A full breakfast. This one looks like it is being served on a train. Looks yummy anyways. Omelet, potatoes, fruit, muffin, juice . . .
(source)
SOMETHING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...
My cleaners are coming later this morning. I love how fresh the house feels when they have been.
I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...
(source)
Paper Bag Crafts . . .
(source)
Crochet Acorn bag charms . . .
(source)
Popcorn garland . . .
(source)
Primitive angel . . . .
(source)
Caricature's of the great masters . . . that would be fun.
SOMETHING I ENJOY ...
(source)
Paper Dolls . . . but I would rather make my own . . .
SOMETHING ELSE I ENJOY ...
Raggedy Anne. I had ordered myself one for my birthday, but this morning I got an email saying it had been returned and refunded for some reason . . . sigh . . . I don't know why.
SOMETHING ELSE I ENJOY ...
Old black and white sitcoms and movies for that matter!
I AM READING ...
AUNT DIMITY'S DEATH, by Nancy Atherton
Lori Shepherd has nothing. She temps for a job, lives with two roommates, and has had her childhood stuffed toy, her only companion, destroyed. So her life is in shambles when she receives a letter from Willis & Willis, Attorneys. When she arrives at their home, she discovers that her childhood stories of Aunt Dimity weren’t fairy tales made up by her mother; Dimity was an actual person, her mother’s best friend. And now both her mother and Dimity have gone, and Dimity wants her to come to England and write the introduction to a children’s book made up of those stories.
But Lori has another surprise - both her mother and Dimity have written her posthumous letters detailing why they never told her about their connection, and her mother has left a photograph - the only clue to Dimity’s past life when her mother met her. She wants Lori to find out about the photo, because it will explain what Dimity would never talk about - her past. So, with the accompaniment of Bill, (Willis, Jr.) Lori sets out for London to find the truth and learn more about this fairy tale which wasn’t one at all . . .
I am thoroughly enjoying this book. It has been a long time since I have looked forward to picking up a book and reading it in the way I am enjoying this one. I plan to read the whole series if I can. This is book 1.
THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...
(source)
Sun flowers . . .
(source)
Pretty tea cups . . .
(source)
Cast Iron Dinner Bells . . . this is just like the one I had in the U.K.
(source)
MAKES ME SMILE ...
Rare words and their meanings . . . I love this one.
SOMETHING TO WATCH ...
On Netflix . . . gripping . . .
A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...
☾ ° ★° * 。
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Be careful who you trust.
Salt and sugar look the same.
And that is my daybook for this week! Thanks always for being here!
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Have a beautiful day! Don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════
And I do too!
























No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!