Wednesday 11 January 2023

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 


We had a bit of snow during the night.  Oddly enough we have had very little snow this Winter thus far. It's been cold, but there hasn't been a lot of snow. I don't mind. I've only really enjoyed snow at Christmas time. The rest of the year it can take a hike.  I do know we need the precipitation for the moisture and groundwater levels, but I am perfectly happy to take it as rain than as snow. There is about 1 inch on the ground this morning, not a lot really.

I remember the first year I spent in the UK.  It rained literally every single day.  When it wasn't raining, it was misting.  I learned that you don't melt in the rain. If you waited for a dry day to go out and about, you would not have gone out at all. It was (at that point) one of the wettest years they had had in over 100 years or some such.  There was massive flooding in many parts of the country.

The weather in the UK wasn't something that ever really bothered me. It was always a great topic of conversation and an opportunity to strike up a conversation with people.  If you had nothing else to talk about, you always had the weather.




As most of you know I love the television series, The Chosen.  I have been enjoying season three on my Angel App which I have downloaded to my smart TV.  It's completely free. I think it is probably one of the best series of this type that I have ever seen.  It is presenting the Savior to us in a much more meaningful way, as seen through the eyes of the people who were closest to him, and in a much timelier manner, which is really bringing him to life for me. Jesus Christ is such a complex character and person that I don't think any two-hour movie could ever really do him justice.  I love the humanity of this show and the way that it rounds out the character of Jesus, the relatability.   

This latest episode which has been released (5) is dealing with two of his major miracles, the bringing back to life of the daughter of Jairus and the healing of the woman with an issue of blood. It was only released on Sunday, and I have watched this episode twice already. 





 When he crouches down to speak to the woman with the issue of blood and he calls her "my daughter" the tears just come. I know you. I love you.  I feel like the Savior is saying that to me. I feel the connection. Its tangible.

This is such a beautiful portrayal of the Savior.  This is the Jesus I have always known and loved. Easily the most relatable, the most human and yet divine.  If you have never watched it, you don't know what you are missing. You don't have to be a Christian to enjoy this series. It's just plain excellent viewing. One of my favorite shows ever.  I believe series one is on Netflix, but all of the series (1,2,3) are available on YouTube or on the Angel App.


 


 In these colder months, my heart always goes out to the wild animals and birds that have to endure the cold in way very unlike our own. I make sure that I put food out for them daily. When I look at how small a bird is and how tiny their feet and legs, I marvel at their tenacity and ability to survive such cold.  They shouldn't, and yet they do.  

I like to put out nuts and seeds for them.  Tiny bits of apple, etc.  Fat balls are also a good thing to put out for them as they need the extra energy that the fat can give them.  Clean water and places to shelter are also good things.


 

Not my cat, but it could be.  My cats love to explore any box that comes into the house.  I usually keep one open like this somewhere in the house, with tissue paper and stuff in it, for them to snuggle into and play in. They love the rustle of the paper and they love to play peek-a-boo with each other in and out of it as well.  

I had gotten a pair of grooming mitts to brush them with, but they did not like them at all. In fact as soon as they see one of the mitts they high-tail it into hiding.  So, it was suggested that I get a cat comb. I did, but they only want to bite it. I will persevere. I probably should have started them with one when they were really small.  They don't mind me brushing them with a brush, which is good, so I guess I will just keep up with that and keep trying to use the comb!


 


I love the pastel colors in these blankets. I need to work more with pastels. They are so bright and cheerful. That's what we all need in January. Bright and cheerful. Something to combat the dark and the dreary.  Light and frolicking.  Pastels are light and frolicking.


 

I love the patterns the cream is making in this cup of coffee.  Before the cream it was just flat and dark and plain.  Add the cream and it becomes excitingly different.  No two cups alike I would imagine. Of course, when you stir the cream in, it will all become homogenous and flat again, the excitement having been stirred down into the cup.  I am not a coffee drinker, have not been for years.  I quit drinking coffee way before I joined the church. 

I just like the patterns that are being created here, that's all. What would that be like as a fabric? I wonder.

My sister's friend Jane gave her a ceramic tile for Christmas that she had paint poured. It's very pretty. It's done in blues.  Jane is an interesting artist. She is always trying something new or different. 
  



It's a mixed media piece. A dragon's eye, I guess. It's interesting, I think.  Jane is always coming up with something different.

I was telling my brother the other day that I am so unmotivated art wise. I just can't seem to find my mojo again. I used to spend a couple of hours every day with art, but these days I can't find the time and I can't find any inspiration to do anything. I am sure it is in there somewhere, but I just haven't been able to dig deep enough to rediscover it.  It's been like that since mom passed away.

Soon it will be four years. It hardly seems possible that so much time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I was getting the call.  So much has happened since then.  A pandemic.  My life imploding. And yet, it still seems like it was not all that long ago. Time marches on even if we don't always want to keep up with it.

And with that I best finish up for the day. Its already 9:30 and I have a ton of things to get done today. I am meeting my dad and his lady friends for supper tonight. Wednesday night.  I wonder what the special will be today?  We will have to see!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Believe in yourself, in love, in trust, in magic, 
In peace, in happiness, in never giving up. 
in happy endings. In angels, in promises, in miracles. 
In people, in fairy tales, in following your heart.
In following your passions, and making your dreams come true. 
In always having fun. In helping people, 
in making the world a better place, in changing for the better.
~Emily Belle Freeman° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •






In The English Kitchen today, Old Fashioned Cabbage Casserole. This was incredibly yummy!  Simple to make and delicious!

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  Be happy and blessed, and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 


6 comments:

  1. How fun, going out to eat with your dad and the ladies!! Hope the meal is tasty!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always enjoy these meals that we share with each other Elizabeth! Its the company more than anything else! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It is very cold here today, but going to get mild with a bit of snow and then some rain. Winter is different for sure this year. I find in the winter I have less inspiration to do things, and have to make myself do it. Mid week already, time flies. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we can put it all down to Global Warming I suppose Linda. It's been all over the place here, Winter, but not really Winter. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hello - and nice to meet you. I enjoyed your post today (and glad I found your blog....by way of Barb's blog, I think!) That casserole looks yummy and those pastel blankets are so pretty. I do wish I was artistic and/or crafty. I need to feed our little birds a bit more. What is a fat ball?? We have seed out know they could use more. And thanks for the info about The Chosen. I think my husband and I would really enjoy it! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Jennifer. Fat balls are mixtures of seed and suet or other fats that the birds love. I buy mine at the hardware store, but you can also make your own. https://daisiesandpie.co.uk/how-to-make-fat-balls-for-birds/

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!