Monday 23 January 2023

I hab a code . . .

 



Well, it has probably been over 3 1/2 years, but I managed to catch a cold!!  I don't know where I caught it.  I've only been out with my sister and dad. Neither of them have one. I started getting a sketchy throat one day last week, but I thought maybe it was just the dry air from having the heat on.  I also had a sneezing fit one day and then yesterday I started to feel uggy. 

I have done two Covid tests, both negative. So, it is just a cold. Beats me how I got it, but c'est la vie. I was bound to catch one sooner or later.  I did go to the drugstore one day on my own last Tuesday to get my father a birthday card. Maybe I picked it up there?  I had a mask on, and I did sanitize my hands when I got back to the car. I also went to the store on that same day to get my father birthday cake on the same day.  I had run out of time to bake him one.  That's probably when I picked it up. I really hope that I didn't pass it on to them.

Tomorrow is garbage day, and it is freezing rain out there today, on top of the snow we had had at the weekend. Somehow, I will have to get my garbage all out. I might do it a little bit at a time throughout the day. We'll see.


 


I made myself some homemade cough syrup, although thus far I don't really have much of a cough.  I was also looking at this one.


 

Problem being I am a diabetic and they all seem to have honey in them. I need some lemons. I used to make a lemon and ginger drink when I had a cold, years ago that used to help a lot.

In the meantime, I am just going to take it easy and rest.  How does that go?  Feed a fever, starve a cold?  I can't remember.

Stay safe and warm and don't forget.


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.


13 comments:

  1. Germs can be anywhere, from door handles to shopping carts to floating around in the air. Feel better soon, best to rest, get liquids and stay warm with cat cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are surrounded by germs for sure Linda! It was a bit easier to sleep last night. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We have some xylitol nose spray and some xylitol gum on hand (can get both from Amazon) as that seems to make a difference. I often chew the gum whenever going into stores. Have had others cough right on me and not catch it...when chewing the gum. I read that the germs actually can enter via our ears as weird as that sounds...but xylitol is known to kill germs in the throat and of course, there are connections between ears and throat etc. There is an herbal tea that we like that soothes the throat too (https://www.amazon.com/Stash-Tea-Strawberry-Pomegranate-Individual/dp/B000CQIDHO/ref=sr_1_5?crid=5L0MFIRMTFNP&keywords=pomegranate%2Bstrawberry%2Btea&qid=1674481460&sprefix=pomegranate%2Bstrawberry%2Btea%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-5&th=1) and such won't mess with the diabetic numbers. Hope you feel better soon. Maybe avoid going outside today, garbage can wait...esp. when cold outside, it should not be a problem to wait an extra week. Oh, put on some homemade chicken soup to cook too...nothing beats that when ill!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I did not know germs could get in your ears. But it does make sense! I will look for the xylitol gum! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I agree home made chicken soup will definitely help to make you feel better. I love honey and lemon in my tea when I get a cold. I would think the advantage of honey would outweigh the disadvantage in your case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Ma! I love tea with honey and lemon, especially when I have a cold. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Awww, hope you feel better soon! Chicken soup for sure! It's feed a cold,starve a fever but lots of liquids for both, I think.
    Rest as much as you can.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I am staying hydrated as best as I can! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Take care, Marie. Feel better soon. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!