Tuesday 31 January 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 



FOR TODAY, January 31st, 2023


Outside my window ... 


A bit of fine snow is falling . . . it is getting a bit fluffier. A great day for the end of January and quite seasonal.

I am thinking ...
Not about a lot really. Life is pretty balanced at the moment. I'll take it. I would rather have a simple, balanced life without a lot of controversy rather than one full of tumult.

I am thankful for ...
Peace. Comfort. Love. Faith. Family. Friends. Cats. Life.

In the kitchen ... 



Copycat Kozy Shack Rice Pudding.  Delicious. It's a small batch recipe making only 3 to 4 servings.


On my "to Cook" list ... 



Yellow Bliss Road. One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet. Looks decadent.



Good to know ... 

 



Something to watch ... 



Shrinking on Apple +  I have watched a couple of episodes so far and its good.


I am wanting to create ...

 


Love this dress pattern and the fabric.




No source, but so cute  . . . 



Lisa Stubbs  . . .  also cute.




Lia Griffith, felt woodland pocket pals.  Sweet.




Painted Acorns, no source . . . 


I am reading ... 


The Kitchen Front, by Jennier Ryan

Four women complete for a once-in-a-lifetime spot hosting a BBC cooking program during WW2 in this vibrant historical novel.

Two years into World War II, Britain is feeling her losses: The Nazis have won battles, the Blitz has destroyed cities, and U-boats have cut off the supply of food. In an effort to help housewives with food rationing, a BBC radio program called The Kitchen Front is holding a cooking contest—and the grand prize is a job as the program’s first-ever female co-host. 

For four very different women, winning the competition would present a crucial chance to change their lives. For a young widow, it’s a chance to pay off her husband’s debts and keep a roof over her children’s heads. For a kitchen maid, it’s a chance to leave servitude and find freedom. For a lady of the manor, it’s a chance to escape her wealthy husband’s increasingly hostile behavior. And for a trained chef, it’s a chance to challenge the men at the top of her profession. 

 These four women are giving the competition their all—even if that sometimes means bending the rules. But with so much at stake, will the contest that aims to bring the community together only serve to break it apart?

This came recommended to me by my friend Bev.  I am really enjoying it.


Looking forward to ...
Not a lot really. Just living each day as it comes.


Dreaming about ... 

 

Pretty pink florals . . . 


 

Flounces, stockings, and boots  . . . 


 


A trillion wishes . . . 


 

Pitchers and basins  . . . that reminds me, I need to pick mine up from my sisters  . . . 


 

Felt mice in tutu's  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 


The young lad who has our Mitzie sent me some photos and clips yesterday. They made me smile and they made me cry. She looks very happy and content and is bringing joy into their lives, which makes me happy.  I was so grateful to get them, and I am so grateful to them for giving her such a happy life and a wonderful family.  

Corners of my kingdom ... 



I should probably take down my wreath eh?

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛Believing there is hope for the world
is a way to move toward it.
~Gladys Taber  •。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


10 comments:

  1. Mitzi looks groomed and happy.How nice of him to send to you.Bittersweet I am sure.But ..your gingers keep you company now:)In a different way.Started Shrinking last night..Just 1 in..
    Have tou watched 1883? Oh my .WE loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very bittersweet, but I was grateful Monique! My gingers do keep me great company. Wondering how you will feel about Shrinking. I Loved 1883 also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Mitzie, lovely to see. Still cold, but sunny, Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased Linda! She looks very well. Stay warm! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So nice of those folks to keep you posted about MItzi...
    Loved that dress pattern too...looks very comfy!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I was so pleased to hear from them! I would love to make that dress! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your posts are always fun and informative. Love that cute dress, too. And Mitzi looks happy and very contented. I know you miss her. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! Doesn't she just look so happy and content. Does my heart good to know she is well cared for! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Aww, Mitzi looks happy poising for that picture, so lovely that it was shared with you… and then shared here with all. Delightful things today, as usual….I think a wreath means welcome….or am I mistaken? Enjoy your evening. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a wreath does say Welcome, but I think a Christmas one says something else, lol. Yes, Mitzie looks very happy and content. Made me happy to see that. Take care V! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!