Thursday 26 January 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say it's worth a thousand smiles.


 


Tealight lanterns  . . . 


 

Gathers  . . .  the younger me would have loved this . . . how to feel like a princess.




Jam Cookies  . . . 


 

Picnics  . . . 



A pretty hat  . . .

 

Socks  . . . 


 

Pie  . . . 

 


Books  . . . 


 

Whiskers  . . . 


 

Butterflies  . . . 


 

Red shoes  . . . 


 

Chowder  . . . 


 

Roses  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 

Woodpeckers  . . . 

 

Pretty cups  . . . 

 



Birds . . .  


And those are my favorite things for this week. There is so much beauty and talent in the world. Aren't we blessed!


A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*There is virtue in work
and there is virtue in rest.
Use both and overlook neither.
~Alan Cohen  •。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits.  These are fabulous!


I feel a bit better today, but still not so great. I have a cough, but it's a bit looser than yesterday. My nose is not so stuffed up.  I will be glad when it's all over! I hate having colds! But, as I keep telling myself, it could always be worse!   

Have a wonderful day and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. A snowed in morning. Time for tea and Marie, two of my favourite morning things. Good you are getting better. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much for saying so Linda! I appreciate your visits and your comments. You stay warm and cozy also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Such lovey things! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah dresses with lots of ruffles, gathers, etc etc...when Princess Diana was married in that gorgeous dress, shortly after there were similar patterns come out. One of my daughters was in the wedding of her piano teacher and I made her dress from that pattern...wow, it surely took plenty of hours to make but it was splendid and did she love it!! Twirled round and round etc...she was about 6 then. Nice memory... Then when she was about 12, I made a similar type dress for both her and her best friend, from velvet...they wore those dresses until they were outgrown. (Her friend's grandma was an excellent seamstress, but would not make the friend one of those dresses as she said she was too old for all that ruffles, etc. I said, phooey, after all, Princess Diana was not too old to wear them and so I made her one myself!!)
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dresses you made sound just beautiful Elizabeth. You must be a wonderful seamstress! I remember thinking Princess Diana's dress to be quite beautiful! Wasn't that wedding a fairytale! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Continue to feel better, Marie. Lovely favourites today. I'm going to make your biscuits. Yum! Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! I am trying! I Hope you enjoy the biscuits. I had one mid morning with some butter and a naughty dollop of strawberry jam! Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!