Friday 28 January 2022

My Friday Finds . . .


  

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   



 

Free Craft Unlimited.  Free floral hot pad pattern. 



 

It is never too early to be thinking about making some decorations for next Christmas.  I think this little knitted mouse is so cute.  From Ravelry by Abigail Originals.  Free! 


 


Dutch rabbits to knit.  Also from Ravelry.  Not free but not expensive either.  Cute!  They remind me of a rabbit story, but I will save that for another day. 



 


The art of keeping a travel journal.   From Athletes Abroad.   


   


Eye Candy from a shop on Etsy calles Marianata.  I love these types of things.  So cute!   She also has a blog.  Dollitude.  





Crochet Hoop Balloony House.  Love this.  Such inspiration here and made from felt which I also love.  Making things from felt.  Inkie Mama Tumblr. 




Handmade Felt Envelope.  I love this.  So cute.  From Paper N Stitch


  


Look at the front.  It's so cute!  A complete tutorial.  Wouldn't this be a great Valentine for your main squeeze! 



More handmade valentines.  No source, but they look very easy.  I wish we could get those little red hot candies over here.   They come in handy for all sorts. 




Hanging hearts!  Sweet and Lovely Things.  





Matchbox Monsters from Molly Moo Crafts.   they're babies.  Shhh . . . 



 

How to sew a straight line.  Every little helps.  From Crazy Little Projects.  This is lesson one of  series.  Great tutorials for those who are just learning. 


 


Make your own slippers.  A complete tutorial from Tea and a Sewing Machine


 


Tips for losing weight depending on your body shape.  From The WHOot. 




If You Give a Blond a Kitchen.  Two bite mini chocolate chip scones.  Cute idea, but I bet you could gobble these up like potato chips.  Hmmm . . . 



 

A repurposed China Hutch, turned into a wardrobe for a little girl.  Love this.  No source, just inspiration. 



 

The top of an old hutch, painted and recycled to use for in the bath.   Great idea!  Style from the Sticks


  

From Crabapple Studio, some beautifully embroidered tea towels.  Days of the week. Flower Pots.  Lovely. 



Dye your Easter Eggs naturally.  12 tips on just how to do that from Mamabee.  Using natural products.  I love  the deep blue one, oh and the yellow one!  I love them all! 




Easy peasy, homemade Easter Eggs with a gift inside.   I have used balloons for paper mache before.  This looks a doddle and what a great surprise!  From DIY Enthusiasts


 


Easy Poached Eggs using a sieve.  From Simply Recipes.  I love it! 


 


I love these, but I am matchbox obsessed anyways.   You can look through the windows!  From Paper, Scissors &Superheroes.  I would draw my own house and windows though. 


 


Mason Jar Lights.  A complete tutorial.  From Wiki How


 


From the people at BHG.  How to make a small bathroom look larger.  I love curtains on anything.  


 


Pizza in a mug, from The Typical Mom.   Love this idea.  Love anything in a mug. 



 

The Late Bloomer sweethearts tea towel.  No pattern per se.  Just eye candy and inspiration. 


 


Mini Chocolate Mail Boxes for Valentines Day.  Such a simple idea and so cute.  From No Biggie.  A complete tutorial. 



 

36th Avenue.  Free printables for an edible box of matches.  These are so cute! 


 


This is really neat.  No source, but it is an umbrella frame with led lights twisted around the spokes and just simply hung from the ceiling. 



 

And finally, How to Crochet a Rag Rug using fabric strips.  From Crazy Mom Quilts.   Simple.  


 

Lullaby Lodge. Cute Bobble edging. Loving the colors of the blanket.

And those are my finds for this week. I hope you were inspired to get out there and do/make something!  

A thought to carry with you through today . . . 


.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . "In the midst of life’s greatest storms, 
do not forget your divine heritage as a son or daughter of God 
or your eternal destiny to one day return to live with Him, 
which will surpass anything the world has to offer." 
~Ronald A Rasband  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


An old friend of mine passed away yesterday.  She had only been ill for a few months. She had cancer and by the time it was discovered, it was too late, it had already spread. Her name was Anna. She was the first friend I made when I moved to the UK.  I also had the privilege of working with her in church callings for many years.  She was kind and witty, humble, and just a really nice person. She loved crafting and going on obscure holidays with her husband and family. She had four sons and each of them served missions. The youngest one has not long since returned home from his mission to Germany. She had three daughters-in-law and at least six or seven grandchildren.  She was only my age. Life is just not fair. It just makes me feel very sad, especially for her family. 

Make the most of your days. Grab as much joy from them that you can. 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Simple Sesame Noodles.  Quick, easy, delicious, and on the table in less than 15.


I hope you have a great Friday. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too.





3 comments:

  1. It's not fair.
    At all.
    That HOuse with the balloons..UP! I liked that cute movie:)
    Lots of cute things..enjoy the day..
    Didnt you just love how much Ricky Gervais loved his wife so much? All the flashbacks..they had a ball♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathy for the loss of your friend - she sounds like a good person who will be missed so much.
    Thank you for all the wonderful Friday Finds - love the china cabinet made into a little girl's wardrobe. And the dyed eggs - my mother did the onion skins - beautiful! and I have done the blue ones with red cabbage. Mine were all shades of denim - some I left in the fridge overnight to get a deep blue. Have a good week-end!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inspiration today, you are so good at Friday Finds.
    Deepest condolences on losing your friend, it’s hard to lose a friend….there’s an empty spot in your heart every day when you think about them. xo, V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!