Thursday 27 January 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.    

I cannot believe that we are here at the end of January, this is my last favorite things! How did that happen?


 

Beautiful necklines and that little black dress.  Its been a very long time since I have been able to pull off either look, but that doesn't stop me from admiring the look from afar  . . . 


 


The British Robin. It has to be one of the cutest birds.  I used to love seeing them visit in my garden when I lived in the UK. About the size of a small finch, they were pure delight.


 

Dishes that are a bit out of the ordinary. I love these stoneware sipping bowls with their almost polka dots and worn looking edges . . .  


 


I love this  . . .  when I think of all the paper punches, rubber stamps, etc. that I had left behind in the UK.  Oh well, this would probably drive the cats nuts, but I do love it.


 


Red nail varnish, although you do have to feel and be very confident in yourself to wear it  . . .  


 

Windmills. Ever since I saw Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates on Disney as a child, they have fascinated me. 

 

 

Crinolines. They might have felt itchy but when I was a little girl it felt like I was a princess when I got to wear one. My mother had a 1950's cupcake dress. Powder blue in color. She looked so beautiful in it.

 

Nib and ink pens  . . . so elegant  . . . 


 


Fresh ciabatta  . . .  so soft and chewy and spongy. I love it.


 

Dolce and Gabbana  . . . 


 


Hair ribbons  . . .  


 

Pom pom edging  . . . 


 

Crème Brule . . .  that crack  . . . 


 

Tea tins  . . . 


 

Hydrangea . . .  so pretty, although they can shed some annoying pollen on surfaces in the house. 


 

Blues  . . . textures  . . . 


 

Work corners  . . . 


 

Good tomatoes  . . . .  


 

Polka dots  . . . 


 

Butterflies  . . .  when I was a teen I had a shirt with a huge embroidered butterfly on it.  My nickname was the Butterfly Girl. 

 

And those are my favorite things for this week, the last in January 2022.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.whenever anything negative happens to you,
there is a deep lesson concealed within it,
although you may not see it at the time.
~eckhart tolle  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  




In the English Kitchen today  . . .  a gathering of all my favorite brownie recipes.  Delicious.


I hope you have a wonderful day, filled with loads of things you love and people you love. Stay safe and stay happy, stay healthy and warm . . .  don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too.



4 comments:

  1. All nice things today, but I have to admire that black dress, everyone should have one in their wardrobe. Mine is not as fasncy as the one you've shown, but it gets a lot of use.I dress mine up with jewelry and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is a nice thing for a person to have a black dress in their wardrobe. Not always easy to find, depending on what size you are. Love your tips for dressing it up. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!