Thursday 20 January 2022

My favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   
 

 

 Those eyes  . . .  puppies.  Love the freckles  . . . 
 

 

Felt.  Anything made from it, working with it, etc.   I just love felt.


 

Dolls, collecting them, looking at them, making them.  I just love dolls. 
 
 


Cups and saucers  . . .  I still need to bring over my mum's. I need a place to put them first. 

 


Arches  . . .  especially pretty ones like this one  . . .  


 

 
Pink  dresses . . .  when I was in high school I made myself a wrap dress in pink swiss dot cotton. The fabric was pink, the dots were white. I loved that dress . . .  


 


Bows and cat dolls  . . . . 

 
(source

Cupcakes . . .  too pretty to eat  . . . . 


 


Woodpeckers  . . . 

 
(source


Stars  . . . .  

 


Snowflakes . . .  


 

Muffins . . . 

 

Pears  . . . any kind  . . . 

 

Glass bottles . . . 

 

Old door knobs  . . . 

 

Sounds about right  . . . . 

 


Old spice containers  . . . 

 

This  . . . . 


 

Eyelit lace . . .  trims . . .  edgings  . . . notions  . . . 

 

 
This  . . . its true.  Totally true  . . .  


 


Blue and white plates . . .  anything really. Just love blue and white  . . . 


 

 
Anything with polka dots  . . . 

 

Gingham . . .  ribbons, fabric, etc. 
 
 

Vintage sewing machines  . . . 

 

Fairy lights  . . . . so pretty  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.

The two cats seem to be back to normal this morning. They must have picked up some sort of bug, maybe at the Vets??  I don't know.  Anyways, Cinnamon ate her breakfast this morning. That made me happy.   I hate it when animals are not feeling well. They can't tell you what is wrong  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.Your direction
is more important than your speed.•。★★ 。* 。 



 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Winter Vegetable Gratin  . . .  quite simply delicious.

Have a wonderful Thursday, whatever you get up to. Stay warm and stay safe!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.


12 comments:

  1. January has been snowflake month so far.Your pretty snowflakes are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are Monique! We had more snow in one day last week than we had all last winter! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful favourite things, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures today gave me a lift up! So pretty, all of them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolls, snowflakes, stars, polka dots, lovely! Have a delightful day, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! I hope your day was equally as blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Well, I used to work for a vet and family when I was a teen and college student. He was the best doc in the world, literally...when he did surgery on animals...NO SCAR! I told him I so wished he was a human doc. He laughed and said, well you loose patients sometimes and he could hardly stand even loosing an animal and could not stand loosing a human. But he said really? A lot of students in vet school who drop out...become human docs!! I thought he was joking...he was not...and said, "Well, our patients cannot talk to us you know!!" I have always remembered that and now you know WHY vets truly are the best of doctors!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth whose hubby is doing some better thankfully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to read your husband is doing some better! Praise God Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Frigid cold day, but lovely and sunny, which is a plus. I'm making some quilted hearts today, you can check them out at I found a quilted heart. Good to hear the kitties are back to their usual self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading about these quilted hearts Linda! How wonderful! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!