Thursday 20 February 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 
 These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   
 
 
 (source)
 
Cats in hats  . . .  its a relationship that began many moons ago with "The" cat in a hat, but has continued with various cats in hats  . . .  


 
 
Washi Stickers.  I love the water colour feel to them  . . . I use them to decorate my journal, letters, etc.


 
I love this  . . . feeling safe with someone  . . . 
 
 
   


 
Illuminated Manuscripts.  This one is the poetry of shelly and has been done by the late Jessie Baynes. There is such an art to this type of thing, with the drawings, the calligraphy, etc.  


 
 
 
Crepes  . . . .  with anything  . . . . tender, lacy, yumminess  . . .  



 
 
Linen curtains with lace edges  . . . .  and that one day in mid winter when you can throw the windows open and blow away some of the cobwebs  . . . 
 
 
  
 
 
Red and white kitchen linens  . . .  
 
 
 
 
Estonian Sheep Puppets  . . .  
 
 
  
 
 
Tree Canopies from the ground up.  They fascinate me  . . .  
 
 
 
 
 Flower sprigged plates  . . . . 
 
 
 
  
(source
 
 
 
Fish tail braids  . . . . 


 
 
 
Well dressed toes  . . . 
 
 
   

 
This painting by August Strindberg  . . .  is it a wall, or a river  . . .  does it matter? 
 
 

  
 
 
The illustrations of Elsa Beskow . . .  she was a Swedish children's book illustrator and author  . . . 
 
 
 

 
Pretty post boxes  . . . 
  

 
   

 
This type of closure on a garment  . . .  
 
 
 
 
Rooms filled with light  . . .  and white  . . . .  I love anything white, pristine  . . .  clean. 
 
 

 
Bright copper kettles, so long as I don't have to polish them myself  . . .  I hate polishing copper . . .   
 

 
 
The colour mustard . . . . 
 
 
  
 
 
Dishes with secret lives  . . . . .
  
 
 
 
The sound of the air after a heavy snow fall  . . . .
 
 
 
  
 

The feeling of a wet nose on my calves, pushing me into the kitchen of a morning  . . . 


 
 
A well dressed hot water bottle  . . . .
 
 
  
 

Mittens not gloves  . . .  always.  I love being able to feel my other fingers  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  How about you?


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The older you grow,
the  more present you become.
•。★★ 。* •。★★ 。* 
 
 

 
 
In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Berry & Cream Croissant French Toast Casserole for Two.  Scrumdiddlyumptious! 
 
Have a wonderful Thursday. I hope that you get to enjoy a few of your favourite things!  Don't forget! 
 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   



And I do too!      
 




 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I hate polishing copper too:) Lovely things! Bonne journée!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that the older we grow the more present we are. Age makes us more aware of each moment. Time flys faster the older we get and we need to be aware of each moment as it comes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of your favourites are my favourites, too. Especially love the cat in the hat and the dog in the scarf. Is that Mitzie? And I've always loved mittens better than gloves. Your hands stay much warmer. Hopefully we won't need them much longer. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!