Saturday 1 February 2020

The month of sighs . . .


 
 
What a difference a day makes!  No problems at all getting on here this morning and everything is working like a charm, which would lead me to believe that its our internet provider not my computer.  Although to be sure I need to have the battery replaced in my laptop.  It never charges above 19% now and its my own fault for keeping it plugged in all the time. Live and learn. 
 



So here we are already . . . entering February, the soul's month . . . the month of whispered hopes.   The month in which we can turn our expectant faces towards the glad promises of the warmer months to come . . . how did that happen?  January has whizzed by and I can honestly say I am not sorry that it is over and we can turnover a fresh page on the calendar.  



  


 The beds and borders begin to be peppered with green tips . . . a few snowdrops bravely spring up their fairy bells amidst the teeth of a raw wet wind . . . and the buds on the Camellia bushes get larger, and greener, and begin to flush pink at the tips  . . . 




These are all mere teases . . . days in which we must be content with hints and glimpses.   Winter has not done with us yet, but the heart has caught a glimpse of the far-away sound on the wind and hope can no longer be denied.   Spring will come . . . surely. 





 Something about the month of February stirs the heart with an absurd ebullient joy.  Rain may fall sharp and cold from a wintry sky . . . the doors from the North, not yet closed or barred against the menace of snow . . . but the slipping of January from our calendars means that it is gone and things are beginning to change . . .   




As ghostly snowdrops flutter in the grass, a blue light lingers on the edges of the lengthening days . . . days that are becoming now . . . noticeably and quite happily longer . . . and sharp as the wind may still be, it carries with it the voice of February's thrush . . . and we just know that yes, "it", we daren't speak the word out loud . . . "IT" is just around the corner. 




This is the month of love and hearts and Valentines.  The month where you get to celebrate the loves of your life and show them how much you appreciate them in an extra special way.  I just adore Valentines Day, don't you?  I love planning a special meal for us to share, making Valentines.  This is the month of canoodling. The month of hearts and flowers  . . . 




I managed to get all of my articles for the first month on the new site done and sent to my boss/handler/contact.  I did four recipes.  One for each meal of the day, plus a dessert.  The site is called Home Chef World, and there is not much on it now, but hopefully that will change soon.  I did an Apple and Cheese Breakfast Bread, a Three Bean Chili, Pork and Kraut Supper Bake and a White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberry Coulis.  From now on there shouldn't be as much of a rush as they want one recipe per week, so we will see how it goes.  I just need to pick my four for next month, which I will ponder today.  Fingers crossed it all works out and with that I better leave you with a thought for today  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When we cannot find
contentment in ourselves,
it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
~Francois La Ropchefoucauld
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


 


There's a new small-batch recipe in The English Kitchen today.  Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  Scrumdiddlyumptious!   The recipe makes only 8 yummy bars.

Have a wonderful Saturday.  I have a few bits to finish downstairs and then it back working on the craft room for me today.  Whatever you get up to today, stay safe and don't forget! 

  ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   



And I do too!      





4 comments:

  1. Have fun with the new site..I know how well you do with all the testing..they will love you!
    Vday is a cute day for sure♥
    But what about all the loveless ones? Makes me ponder..
    The bars..great great idea! Because I love half ..quarter batches:)Thinking of halving your boston cream pie:)In smaller pans..will see..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Monique! I feel badly for people who cannot find or who cannot love, or those who don't want it. Mmm... a smaller Boston Cream Pie. Sounds like a plan! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    I love Valentines Day too, one of my favorite holidays. One time Bob's mother showed me a letter she had made for his dad, it was all "written" with candy conversation hearts, it was very sweet. We could always use a little more love in the world.

    I'm so glad your computer works! I need to not keep mine
    plugged in all the time, it's a bad habit of mine too.

    Your recipes sound delicious! I have just loved everything I have ever made from your cookbook, Marie. All the recipes turn out so good, you are such a great cook! I'm so glad you are able to share your recipes on different venues!

    The sun has finally made it's way through a very foggy morning here. I can tell that Spring is on it's way, and that makes me really happy. We still have lots of snow, and more on the way tomorrow and Monday, but hopefully it will melt quickly.

    Enjoy your day, Marie. I know that you are glad to have January over, it's been a hard month for you. Love you XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    Your recipes sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't seen one flake of snow this Winter Barb. Not interested in it now! Christmas yes, but now it can stay away! Signs of Spring are everywhere. It will only be about 6 weeks and its official. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!