Sunday 16 February 2020

Not a lot of do about nothing . . .



I have no time this morning to write anything of any significance, so I'll just leave this here.  I have always wondered about the stories trees would tell us if they could talk.

I think that I shall never see 
A poem lovely as a tree. 

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest 
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast; 

A tree that looks at God all day, 
And lifts her leafy arms to pray; 

A tree that may in Summer wear 
A nest of robins in her hair; 

Upon whose bosom snow has lain; 
Who intimately lives with rain. 

Poems are made by fools like me, 
But only God can make a tree.
~Joyce Kilmer 

This was one of my favourite poems as a child. I had to memorize it for school.  I loved it and still do.

 

5 comments:

  1. One of my favourites, too and I did memorize it, not because we had to but because I loved it so much. Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we both share a great love of poetry Elaine. Love and hugs always. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    I love that poem as well. I don't remember memorizing it in school, but I do remember reading it, and then drawing a picture about it. That was when we could mention, God and prayer in the schools. The graphic is one of my favorite! Hope your Sunday was a good one...XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem ! Thankyou for sharing it ! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!