Tuesday 17 December 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, December 17, 2019

Outside my window...
Its dark and cold, but very dry. There is a 3/4 moon flitting between the clouds. 


I am thinking ... 
We are watching a Christmas film each night now. Todd protests, thinking that Christmas movies should only be watched on Christmas Day, but I am insistent because I know that on Christmas Day he will not be interested in the least.  Last night we watched The Homecoming and the night before A Christmas Story.  I think tonight it will be Home Alone or The Family Man.   


I am thankful for ...
I was able to walk across town yesterday after my Chiropracter appointment. I did have to stop and have a sit halfway across because of my knees and hip, but at least it wasn't because of my back! 


In the kitchen ... 
 
 
Nothing new today actually as I didn't have time to cook anything much yesterday.  We had Costco Chicken, mash and green beans, but I am sharing a Traditional English Trifle with you because its Christmas and this makes the perfect Christmas Dessert.   And you can adapt it easily to any size. 


On my "to Cook" list ... 
 

 
Foodness Gracious.  Cinnamon Crumb Breakfast Bread.  Looks and sounds fabulous!  
 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
   

Sugar and Charm.  DIY Pipe Cleaner drinks coasters. 
 
 
 
Rooted in Thyme.  DIY holiday wax fire starters.  
 
 
 
 
Motte. DIY Christmas Board Game.  
 

 
Art Threads.  Christmas Tree Embroidery.  
 
 

Ravelry.  Crochet Sampler Scarf. 


I am reading ... 

 

Delicious, A tale of love, war & cake, by Ruth Reichl 

Dear Mr Beard, 
I sent my Magic Moments off yesterday, and that made me think of you. I hope the cookies will remind Father of our life here. Or maybe I should say what life used to be, before the war changed everything . . . 

Hidden in the library of Delicious! magazine young intern Billie discovers the wartime letters of twelve-year-old Lulu Swan, written to distinguished food writer, James Beard. Lulu’s can-do spirit in the face of food shortages and other hardships help Billie come to terms with her own tragic past. Until one day it occurs to her: Lulu Swan might still be alive.

I have only just started this.  It has some good reviews.


Dreaming about ... 



Christmas Dishes  . . . 


  

Christmas Cross Stitch . . . 



Christmas Cookies


  

Christmas Poinsettas . . .  



Christmas Polka Dot Stars  . . . 

All images from Finding Neverland on Tumblr.  


Makes Me Smile ... 


Purely by instinct  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Love this film  . . . 


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The most courageous decision
that you can make each day
is to be in a good mood.
~Voltaire•。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

 
A photo I took of a building in Chester yesterday with my phone. I thought it was really pretty. 


Some of the details even closer  . . .  look at the king, the stained glass windows, the carvings  . . .  beautiful. 



 And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!       
 


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog this morning, Marie. Glad you were able to get out and about yesterday without too much difficulty. My copy of Ruth's book "Delicious" is waiting for me at the library. I agree with Voltaire - sometimes being in a good mood is a decision. I must remember that some mornings. Well, off to make breakfast. I need that cup of coffee to get my day going. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Elaine! I have had such a hard time finding a book I am enjoying reading. I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't seem to settle on any one! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That building is lovely, it makes me think of the Swiss Alps or the North Pole, It's so festive. Maybe a home for Santa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think that it would be a wonderful home for Santa! Happy Day Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such a nice happy post! Love the building Marie..and yay a walkabout ..you'll be in fighting form for family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the photo that you took of Corner's of your kingdom. I think it is very unique.
    I enjoyed all of your thoughts on this one. I love Christmas movies and my poor husband has had to endure a zillion of Hallmark ones.
    I love everything Christmas; so all your photos of Christmas items was awesome.
    The book does look intriguing. I'm trying hard to read at least one Christmas novel; but alas no happening yet.
    This was a delightful post. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chester city is full of beautiful buildings like that LeAnn! Hallmark Christmas films, there is nothing like them! Love, hugs and blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Just finished drizzling the Cinnamon Crumb Breakfast Bread and it smells wonderful in my kitchen. Will have to wait for the verdict as I am gifting it to my quilting buddy. And it has too many forbidden ingredients for my me to diet. Will let you know. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly hope it is enjoyed Colleen! A very Merry Christas to you and yours! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!