Tuesday 3 December 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, December 3, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its dark, cold and dry. We have had heavy frosts every morning this week, but it melts as soon as the sun hits it.  Todd keeps forgetting to buy car de-icer and windshield wiper anti-freeze fluid. Maybe today he will remember.

I am thinking ...
About what an adventure this life of mine has been. Its taken me in directions I never dreamed it would take me. Life is so unpredictable.  Its best to enjoy each day as it comes. 
I am thankful for ...
Loved ones near and far. Each morning when I open my eyes, I thank God for giving me another day.

In the kitchen ... 

Million Dollar Salsa Chicken.  Elaine made it sound so good, I had to find a recipe and cook it.  So glad that I did! Its fabulous! 


On my "To Cook" list ... 


The Chunky Chef.  Beef and Barley Soup in the Slow cooker.  Looks and sounds great! 


Good to know ... 



Its easy really, small steps=big change. 


I am creating ... 

  

Red Heart.  Dangling Donut Ornament.  Cute! 



Cottage Painted Rock. No source, just inspiration. 


  

Crochet Elf Boots.  Hand, Heart and Sole on Ravelry. Not free but not expensive either. 



Cool Creativity. Rudolf Slippers.   So cute! 



 The Crafter Life.  Crochet Lip Balm and Gift Holder that looks like a Candy Cane! Cute! 


I am Reading ... 


PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern 
Some people wait their whole lives to find their soul mates. But not Holly and Gerry. Childhood sweethearts, they could finish each other’s sentences. No one could ever imagine them without each other. When Gerry dies, Holly is devastated. But Gerry has left her a bundle of notes, one for each month of her year, each signed 'PS, I Love You'. As the notes are opened, the man who knows Holly better than anyone teaches her that life goes on. With some help from friends and family, Holly laughs, cries and finds that life is for living – but it helps if there's someone watching over you.

Just started this one. So far I am enjoying it.

Dreaming About ...  



Blue Point Siamese  . . .  this one looks like our Brandy that we had a long time ago  . . .  would love to have one again. 



  
Brown Paper Packages  . . .
 



Gingerbread Houses  . . .  



Snow covered gates  . . .  



Sparkly Christmas Baubles  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  

Even the thought of a white Christmas  . . . 


Something to Watch ... 


His Dark Materials on the BBC. 


A Thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Talking about our problems
is our greatest addiction.
Break the habit.
Talk about your  joys. •。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Carnaby Street, London. Christmas lights, taken by Todd's niece June. 


 
 And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!      



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture that Todd's nice got. Thanks for sharing! This is the most wonderful time of the year and I find there isn't much that I don't like about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing I don't lilke about it either Pam! Its my favourite day of the year! xoxo

      Delete
  2. No prettier time that December..where goodwill seems more prevalent and memories keep us company♥
    Beautiful things Marie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I am sure your home is looking really lovely now! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!