Thursday 5 December 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   
 
 

Christmas Baubles . . .  I love how they sparkle and shine.  I love the bright colours and all the glitter.  I can still remember all the ones on my childhood trees and all the ones of my adult life.  I just love Christmas baubles! 


  

The fun and joy of giving.  I like to give presents all year round, but at this time of year its even more fun! I like to put a lot of thought into the things I gift to others. I don't give just any old thing, but things which I think the other person will really enjoy and use. 



The special feelings that attend this time of year.  The magic, the joy, the preparations. I know for some it can be a very lonely time, and a sad time however, so its the perfect opportunity for each of us to reach out to others we think might need some love or a boost, a phone call, a visit, a gift of service no matter how small  . . . 



Vintage Santas, Primitive Santas  . . .  this one by Nicole Sayre is beautiful. 


  

Christmas Socks and Pajamas . . .  when the kids were growing up I liked to get them matching pajamas if I could. 


  

Making gingerbread men.  One year my whole Christmas Tree was decorated with handmade gingerbread men.  All decorated with white piped royal icing and red hots. The house smelt fabulous all through the holidays. 




The Santa Claus, 1 and 2.  Love those films. Ho Ho Ho!


 


Old Christmas Television Specials from the 1960's.  I love to watch them. You can find a lot of them on You Tube. They make me feel very nostalgic. 



Writing up the Christmas Cards. Every year I say I am going to put a newsletter in and every year the time gets away from me. I love to read other people's though, and to see the family photos that are often included. 

  

Making Christmas goodies with children.  They enjoy it so much and I enjoy watching them enjoy it. Even if its only decorating cupcakes or cookies.  Maybe when Grace gets a bit older I can have her over to help me make some Christmas goodies . . .  


   

Christmas music.  I have the Church of Jesus Christ Radio Channel on all the time in December.  24/7 Christmas music.  A mix of the old and the new, traditional and non-traditional.  I love it! 
  .  


 
(source


There is something very special about a white Christmas.  Dare I hope? 
  


Peppermint Hot Chocolate  . . .  yummy! 


  

The children's nativity at church  . . .  a highlight of my year.  I also love going to the Christingle service at the C of E which is usually on Christmas Eve in the afternoon.  Its a great way to really bring the true spirit of Christmas into your heart.  


  
(source)  


It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
As soon as I saw you I knew
an adventure was going to happen.
~Winnie the Pooh•。★★ 。* 。 


  

In The English Kitchen today . . .  a perfect dish sized for two.  Oven Roasted Sausages & Potatoes. Quick, easy and delicious! 

 
Happy Thursday! No matter what you get up to, stay safe, be happy and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     



 




6 comments:

  1. Lots of your favourites are mine, too, Marie. We always had new pyjamas to wear on Christmas Eve and of course, Christmas morning. We were allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Enjoy all the preparations and flurry of activities that say, Christmas is nigh! Less than 3 weeks, nigh. Yikes! Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not a lot of pressure on me this year Elaine. We are just two and have nobody coming so it will be a very quiet and laid back Christmas. I used to love giving my children each a new book to open and read on Christmas Eve, and of course the pj's. Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I had a peppermint hotchoco yesterday:)
    Lovely images Marie:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet it was really yummy! I am going to have to buy some candy canes and grind them to use in Hot Chocolate. I think that would be nice! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I attended a Christmas concert that 2 of my grandchildren were in on Tuesday and tonite I get to go to another. Truly puts Christmas int he air! We should all be like children at Christmas. It is the most wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful Pam! This time of year I wish that I lived closer to family so I could attend these things also. Yes, Christmas should bring out the child in each of us! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!