Friday 29 November 2019

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!
 


Who can resist smiling at Barbie all dressed up for Christmas?  Not me, that's who!  Donna's Doll Designs.  Some serious Barbie eye candy going on. 


  

A Dash of Sanity.  Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars.  



The Farmer's Daughter.  Classic Cookie Box, how to's, tips etc.  Those cookies look dangerous! 



Practical Self Reliance. Homemade Worcestershire Sauce.  



Eye candy only, but another cute way to present a Christmas Cookie gift to someone! 


  

Supper in the Suburbs.  Christmas Elf Meringue Kisses. 


  

No Source, but how pretty is this Meringue wreath? 


  

Simple Comfort Food.  Pizza Style Hot Dogs.  Come to mama! 



The Whoot.  Oven Baked Donuts with Jam Filling.  




 Crochet for You Blog. Crochet Christmas Trees.  




Yarn Society. Rustic Tree Ornaments.  Nice!  




The Craft Elf.  Curly Snowman crochet.  I remember making these when my kids were small.  




Wool Patterns.  Snowfall Slouchy Hat pattern.  




The Complete Savorist.  Cranberry Salsa Dip.  




 Taste of Home.  40 Easy Christmas Party Appetizers.   This Pomegranate Pistachio Crostini look fab! 


  


Martha Stewart.  Vanilla & Chocolate Shortbread Swirls.  


  


 Stitches N Scraps.  Angel Ornament.  




No source but this is lovely.  A miniature Christmas Vignette.  

  

No source, but which tip will give you which result. 


  


The Cake Blog. How to build a cake like a pro! 

I could just keep going and going, but I won't.  Instead I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Eating well is a 
form of self respect.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



Oh heck, just one more bccause I know, like me, you will LOVE this.  How she did the Peter Rabbit Room on Susan Branch.   

Some of you have wondered why I don't mention Doreen anymore.  Truth be told there has been a bit of a falling out.  Last year on her Birthday I brought her over some flowers, a card, a homemade cake, and some chocolates. I found out later in the week that she had just told Billy to throw everything in the bin after I left.  Two different people told me this. My feelings were really hurt.  I know . . .  stupid, but they were.  And then mom died.  And then Billy (who I had spent a lot of time and effort trying to teach him how to read) started being really ignorant to me at church and so I just thought, life is too short and so I stopped going to see her and him.  Maybe I am being petty, but it is what it is.


Chunky Chocolate Cookie In a Pan 

In The English Kitchen today.  A Chocolate Chunk Cookie baked on top of the stove in a skillet.  Yes you can!   


 Have a great Friday!  I hope the dishwasher engineer comes early so we can get on with our day. Hate waiting around. You can't get stuck into anything just in case!  Don't forget!
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 



7 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. I loved Barbie all dressed up for Christmas 🎄 and those cookies are so prettily packaged - too pretty to open. I'm going to make those jelly donuts, too. It's very sad about Doreen and Billy. It's not stupid that your feelings were hurt. It leaves you wondering what on earth happened to make her do that. I remember when you were teaching Billy to read. You were always so good to them both. Well, it's Black Friday here and even though Canadians don't have today off, the stores will be busy. We have yo get a few groceries but that's about it. Do hope the repairman comes soon so you can be on your way to see Tina. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get myself one of those silkstone Barbies to dress up, but they are sooo expensive! $$$ I think perhaps Doreen was always like that, we just never knew about it. I do know that she was always talking about other people we knew when we would visit her. We would get the old story nobody visited her, etc. when we knew it wasn't true. Mom always said that people who talk about others to you probably talk about you to others when You aren't aren't around. I think there is a lot of truth to that! Happy weekend, love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow about Doreen..but nothing surprises me anymore.Always curious to know the why of things..but like you said..it is what is is..
    I can forgive..not forget..once..twice..but thrice and I am done.No regrets.
    I am not even a meringue person..yet I love that wreath..
    Pinned your Cookie in a pan:)
    So funny..a room in our home has words written w/ a Susan Branch large letter stencil and most of my BP things and tea set are in that room:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really hurt by it because I have and had never been anything but kind to her. There is a saying over here, "There's naught so queer as folk!" I think it applies here. I think cookies in a pan are a great idea! Oh, I would love to see your Peter Rabbit room! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I do understand about ungrateful friendships,...likely many do by our age. What happened to us involved other situations that were horridly invasive to our lives. I have not made a new friend in the past 3 years now. I am content for now just being with my husband and daughter here and family. Time will tell how I do in future...but I get "cold feet" every time I even think of going to a new group!! Sometimes being so burnt is life changing. We simply cannot be friends with everyone (cause not everyone wants that)...trouble is I wish those kind came with a blinking red light that warned us to stay away!! No use to cast pearls before swine... I for one, would love to live near you and exchange meals etc and share times together!! Always love the many ideas you share here too...thank you!!
    love and hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect gratitude really Elizabeth, that's not why I do it, but I don't expect outright ignorance. That's what hurts.Red lights would be great warnings, eh? I do believe that people do come with red lights, but most of us are too kind to notice them! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. I totally understand Marie...being thanked is not what is needed. But doing something so against those who give to one, is indeed a serious thing. It would take hours to tell of all we went through. It appears we were victims of a sociopath...who of course, we met in our place of worship (I think they know finding victims in such places is perhaps easier for them. Oh well, mental illness is what it is). I agree too...often there are red lights...but we choose to ignore them...to our peril.
    Love and hugs back, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!