Thursday 14 November 2019

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you. 



This is one of my favourite songs.  Click Here.  I love the Beatles anyways, but this song always really touches my heart in a special way. My life  . . .  



Medieval looking villages  . . .  they fascinate me  . . .  love the architecture.  This is Conques in Southern France. 


  

Mountain roads  . . .  take me home  . . .  


   


Stained glass windows  . . .  love them. This one from Chartres is particularly beautiful. 




This  . . . 


  

Plain stoneware  . . .  not so plain afterall . . .  


(source)


Cream cakes  . . .  yes I am naughty like that.   



Old mailboxes . . .  I once tole painted mine with sunflowers and somebody stole it  . . .  


  


Old cutlery  . . .  mismatched and all . . . . 





Butter cookies  . . . 


  

 This . . . just this  . . .  how did the world get to the place where it is now? 



Freshly baked bread . . . the smell, the taste  . . .  everything  . . . 


  

Having someone to share everything with  . . .  up times, down times, in between times  . . . 




He makes my knees weak  . . .  lol, not really.  But he's some pretty good eye candy. I think its his eyes.  What do they call them, Come Hither eyes?



  

Old postcards  . . . . 



   

 Pretty cups and saucers  . . . . 




Ava Gardener  . . .  she was stunning  . . . 


  

Stone castles . . . ruins  . . . cathedrals  . . . 




Vintage modern  . . . 


  

Covered Bridges . . . . this reminds me of a series I saw on the tv back in the 80's.  The Dark Secret of Harvest Home.  Bette Davis was in it.  Creepy  . . .  



A room with a view  . . . 


  

A life filled with colour . . . .  colour reminds me of joy  . . .  joy is tangible.  I seek to find the joy in each day and I am never disappointed.  Its always there.

A thought to carry with you  . . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Failure is a great teacher, 
and if you are open to it,
every mistake has a
lesson to offer.
~Oprah  •。★★ 。* 。 

Cordon Bleu Stuffed Turkey Tenderloins 


I cooked a whole Thanksgiving Dinner for Four in the microwave.  Everything turned out delicious. It was easy and it was fun.  A complete tutorial. 

Have a great Thursday. I have a really busy day ahead of me.  The guy from the council is coming this morning, and then chiropracter this afternoon. I hope I don't have to go too many more times.  Its getting very expensive.   

Tina is doing well as far as I know. They are awaiting the arrival of a backbrace and then hopefully home. Your prayers are very much appreciated!

Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     



 

8 comments:

  1. Loved all your favourite things, Marie. I remember that Bette Davis movie. It creeped me out, too. That quote from Audrey Hepburn is beautiful. Glad Tina is better and might be going home soon. Good luck at the chiro's. I'm going to check out your turkey dinner, all made in the microwave. I really don't know what I'd do without a microwave. No peanut brittle at Christmas, I guess! Did you see Susan's Willard? Always fun to read. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the book Elaine? I loved the book. It was really good. I haven't been able to see Tina, only just speak to her husband via the telephone. She is in a hospital about an hour down the road from us and you need to use the motorway to get there. In all honesty, I am not that confident in his motorway driving skills these days. I have always made my peanut brittle for Christmas in the Microwave as well Elaine! Its the best! Oh, I did see Susan's Willard. I need to go back and read it again at leisure. I tend to rush through her posts the first couple of times because I am so happy to see them, but then if I go back and read them again I always enjoy them even more! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow..Tina is recuperating quite quickly!
    Lobve My Life and that John Lennon quote..they were such poets.
    They are eternal for sure those brilliant men.
    I love those built in alcove bookcases..medieval villages..could have happily lived in one.
    Everywhere I do and end up engaging in a convo w/ strangers they bring up the fact that this world..is in trouble..
    I can't believe no one has changed it.
    Yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Beatles were poetic and musical genius's! Maybe our children and grandchildren will be able to build a better world. We've been watching a program hosted by Simon Reeve where he has travelled the America's from Alaska all the way down the pacific side to Guatamala. Eye opening. The poverty that is right under our noses. It makes me sad to think that some people are living in Motorway Pylons and others are spending thousands of dollars on a handbag. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved all the favorites today too, but especially enjoyed the room with a view. So warm and cozy and welcoming too. Thank the good Lord, your friend is doing well and that the Chriopracter is making a good difference in your life. Well worth the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I am down now to one appointment a week, for a couple weeks and then a fortnight. Baby steps Pam! But at least in the right direction! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I put Tina's name in the Provo City Center temple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melly! Tony has been greatly encouraged to know many are praying! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!